Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 03-24-2009

Quote:Added Multicore Rendering
  • This initial release is aimed at testing compatibility, so the option is OFF by default
  • To turn it on, go to the Options->Video->Advanced dialog, and check the "Multicore Rendering" option

Well maybe if you ever actually read the patch notes... SKIM SOME MOAR.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 04-20-2009

Quote:Game Changes

Reworked the character loadout screens to support future features

Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned

Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements

Added a "player_teleported" game event that is sent when a player is teleported

Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch

Scouts now drop the flag if they're carrying it when they start phasing

Fixes

Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable

Fixed the custom crosshair menu not clearing itself when "None" is selected for non-English clients

Fixed warning about not being able to execute skill1.cfg when starting the dedicated server

I'm not exactly sure what the point of this latest update is, but I crash trying to join a server and if you reset you stats it will reset them ALL including time played and any progress made towards not gotten achievements. (FUUUUUUCK)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 04-20-2009

Yup, I'm crashing upon trying to join a server.

Also: hats!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 04-20-2009

The spy loadout used to only have slots for pistol and knife, but now it also has a slot for the invisibility watch.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Totla - 04-20-2009

I think Valve was high when they made this.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Honest - 04-20-2009

Did someone honestly try playing junction in a league? That map's not even fit for pubs.

Oh my god the forums are filled with a lot of terrifying code digging too.  Like TF2 is going to get turned into Diablo or something and they intend to make use of that "Weapon Level" stuff o______O

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 04-20-2009

(04-20-2009, 08:57 PM)Honest link Wrote: Did someone honestly try playing junction in a league? That map's not even fit for pubs.

cevo season 2

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3985/deleteitem.png

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9706/giveawayu.png

welcome to WoW gentlemen

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 04-20-2009

i can't play my game =(

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 04-20-2009

im gonna grind out a level 20 rocket launcher on you assholes just wait. ill farm your spawn for hours

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 04-20-2009

I still don't get the backpack :<. What do i win by deleting stuff

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 04-20-2009

Yea, safe to say this is going the be the biggest update since the medic update. Getting new hats. Demo's getting an afro apperantly.

Quote:"TF_Wearable_Headgear" "Headgear"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Scout" "Batter's Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Sniper" "Tooth Belt"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Soldier" "Soldier's Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Demoman" "Fro"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Medic" "Medic's Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Pyro" "Pyro's Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Heavy" "Football Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Engineer" "Mining Helmet"
"TF_Unique_Headgear_Spy" "Spy's Helmet"

Then of course, you need a reason to delete items...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 04-20-2009

Quote:Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned

brb, making Trojan plugin to delete everything in someone's backpack

/commence raging and paranoia

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 04-20-2009

(04-20-2009, 09:49 PM)Caffeine link Wrote:
Quote:Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned

that's what i didnt get.

(04-20-2009, 09:49 PM)Caffeine link Wrote:

Yeah you know what the reason for this is?  It seems because there will be other ways to get the items (or ones similar to them).

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 04-20-2009

I don't mind leveling up stuff if it gives me something extra to do in the game, but gonna have to see what this is about before I get all ragey on it.  Sounds like a pretty big change for the game though.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Spore - 04-20-2009

All this leveling up shit can do is make for a literally never ending need to farm for kills. Think when a class update comes out, but for every single weapon in the game. If this is really what we are making it out to be, Valve is breaking anything close to balance in the game.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 04-21-2009

(04-20-2009, 10:34 PM)Spore link Wrote: All this leveling up shit can do is make for a literally never ending need to farm for kills. Think when a class update comes out, but for every single weapon in the game. If this is really what we are making it out to be, Valve is breaking anything close to balance in the game.

I agree, people are just going to go farm the shit out of it, there's no fucking point to it. And it continues to reward players that play more and/or longer, I thought valve's whole slant on TF2 was that its easier to play casually.

Edit: HLDS emailer has all of the console commands for deleting things from backpacks, when the sniper update comes out, I HIGHLY recommend you do not go to strange achievement farming servers. In previous updates some admins set up honeypot achievement servers to gather steamIDs to put on sourcebans and/or pass out to the admin community.

Given this trend, I would find it a genuine concern that someone will write a plug-in to delete your extra unlockables the moment you enter that server.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Honest - 04-21-2009

And now this unlockable idea has officially been taken too far. Hooray.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Aerox - 04-21-2009

Epic Gmodding/'shopping is epic:

[Image: amvcpj.jpg]

[Image: 345bf9y.jpg]