Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-05-2010

27 found, also i agree moose, just pull 73 steamids out of a bag and give us the update normally, rather than "every 25 wrenches = a page"

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 07-05-2010

(07-05-2010, 04:46 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=206.msg162335#msg162335 date=1278366142]
[Image: 1278365554702.jpg]
Not sure about the trustworthiness of the source, but still fun to consider.

EDIT: Ninja'd

It does a wonky job of explaining things though. Do you get your crits like immediately when your sentry kills people or does it store them all until the sentry dies?
[/quote]

your sentry gets kills

after your sentry dies the crits start happening

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - SAVAGE-0 - 07-05-2010

the neat thing is you can self destruct it... so after getting 5 or so kills you can go super engie... 10 close enough crit shotties will level a team pretty quick haha

tag team with a uber?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-05-2010

zane im not sure thats it, it doesnt exactly explain it well, though you're probably right

still, i cant see it being a total upgrade. usually takes 4 or 5 shots to kill at medium range, plus if ur using shotty you're probably defending ur sentry. also, rarely do you survive if your sentry dies, usually because the battle turns in a second and you cant run away fast enough

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 07-05-2010

Fuck the Golden Wrench, I finally got my first actual hat drop since Day 1 when they started dropping hats. And it isn't a lame one either!

[Image: heavyhat.jpg]

It only took me a year and two months lol

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Black Aspen - 07-06-2010

Too bad I already got all my drops for the week, and crafted them all into metal a couple nights ago.  Time to sit on my hands for a week while the remaining wrenches get handed out.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 07-06-2010

(07-05-2010, 11:01 PM)dagrett link Wrote: zane im not sure thats it, it doesnt exactly explain it well, though you're probably right

still, i cant see it being a total upgrade. usually takes 4 or 5 shots to kill at medium range, plus if ur using shotty you're probably defending ur sentry. also, rarely do you survive if your sentry dies, usually because the battle turns in a second and you cant run away fast enough
pretty sure it is
i'm an expert in retardese

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-06-2010

Hmm, we're already at 43. At this rate, we might actually see two bits of stuff in the same day. Big Grin

Oh god please be a video.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 07-06-2010

(07-06-2010, 08:03 AM)backfire link Wrote: Hmm, we're already at 43. At this rate, we might actually see two bits of stuff in the same day. Big Grin

Meet the Pyro...but I know valve will never do that

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - The Generic Name - 07-06-2010

(07-06-2010, 08:11 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg162460#msg162460 date=1278421419]
Hmm, we're already at 43. At this rate, we might actually see two bits of stuff in the same day. Big Grin

Meet the Pyro...but I know valve will never do that
[/quote]

Well, in the kritzkast interview, robin "revealed" meet the pyro was next.  It has been a while since the last "meet the" video, so I would not be surprised if we get one this week.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 07-06-2010

What?

No.

Not this soon. Meet the Medic should be next not Pyro, Lets not blow our load and then finish with a fizzle.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 07-06-2010

Hooooo boy.  I do NOT like the idea of this gun.  It's going to be *more* balanced if the crits don't come until after SG destruction.  If they start coming right away though, spies are just going to get raped.  And even if they start coming after, I gotta wonder if there's going to be a bunch of morons who rack up a bunch of SG kills, self destruct their SG just to go on critting sprees.  I think it'd be better if they got their crits only on having their SG destroyed.  That way there's a much higher chance of them getting killed before they can go on a crit spree and it might encourage Engis to keep their shotguns out instead of wrenches - IE deal with spies better and learn to shoot stickies off their guns.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-06-2010

yeah im also seeing people putting sentries in cheap spots to rack up kills to get the max amount of crits then abandoning it an going herp de derp and not helping the team

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 07-06-2010

Quote:Karrde link=topic=206.msg162535#msg162535 date=1278449316]
Hooooo boy.  I do NOT like ideas.

<3

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-06-2010

mystery update

looks like a source update, css is downloading too

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 07-06-2010

Remember those mystery updates?  I bet valve has been ninjaing in the engie update so everything is less of a clusterfuck on thursday

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 07-06-2010

One more wrench till we get another update!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 07-06-2010

IT"S HERE

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/

THE WRANGLER

and achievements

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/achievements/

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-06-2010

manual sentry :O

also, no video. I'm bored again...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 07-06-2010

That sounds like an interesting little item there.