Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-06-2010

Blue Engineer Update (ytpmv)

relevant...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-06-2010

BUAAAH

this actually sounds awesome, makes the sentry harder to deal with while not overpowered-- you can still kill the engi controlling it

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vlambo - 07-06-2010

Dear god. The Engi is getting a Guitar.... He's now my favourite class

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-06-2010

(07-06-2010, 06:54 PM)Vlambo link Wrote: Dear god. The Engi is getting a Guitar.... He's now my favourite class

i'm guessing its a new taunt or something

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 07-06-2010

(05-27-2010, 07:17 PM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: That laser isn't coming out of the barrel though, it's coming out of where the little sensor eye is..

LASER GUIDED LEVEL 1 SENTRY CONFIRMED.

Well, I wasn't spot on, but I'm gonna say I called this update item 2 months ago.

8)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 07-06-2010

Fine be that way, Kirby </3 ;P  On the other hand, I think the Wrangler is really quite a good idea.  I'm concerned about how well it'll work, but if it's done right it could be nasty in a balanced way.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Totla - 07-06-2010

"Note: To ensure everyone gets the chance to pull the lever, we've increased the weekly item drop limit for this week only. So if you thought you'd hit your item cap, think again!"

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 07-07-2010

You know, looking at the achievements, I think Valve has outdone themselves in the puns department this time Tongue

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - zaneyard - 07-07-2010

the new unlocks cater to my engi playstyle (hit and run guerrilla tactics.)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 02:48 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: the new unlocks cater to my engi playstyle (hit and run guerrilla tactics.)

yeah this is gonna raise the skill ceiling considerably. I see people making sentries, wranglin them for a few kills then demolishing the sentry and going on a rampage. will be fun

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 07-07-2010

Quote:Karrde link=topic=206.msg162622#msg162622 date=1278479375]
You know, looking at the achievements, I think Valve has outdone themselves in the puns department this time Tongue

I nearly creamed my pants when I saw "The Wrench Connection" and the icon of a spy getting facewrench'd

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-07-2010

Drunken_fool got a wrench. I swear, if there's anyone who's honestly deserving of a wrench, it's that guy. :p

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 09:41 AM)backfire link Wrote: Drunken_fool got a wrench. I swear, if there's anyone who's honestly deserving of a wrench, it's that guy. :p

Tbh, I would call that one a rigged drop , totally on accident  Wink

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 07-07-2010

These secret pages, besides the obvious and the already assumed, what do you think they mean?

And Pyro might actually have a not-dying machine under that suit.

Meet the Pyro, since my segue was perfect, apparently is from a first-person perspective, or first-robot/cyborg perspective. I see a smack-my-bitch-up moment at the end, where the intel is secured, it punches out, tired and panting. It walks into the respawn and takes a moment, placing it's flamethrower behind him and grabs the purse. It caresses the little pocketbook,and then looks up at the conveniently-placed mirror across the room. Placing the bag at his side,It unzips it's mask, tossing it across the room and walks to the mirror. It's near-sighted so you can only see a blurry form in mirror at first, but as the pyro grows closer, you see a steel-faced thing, shaped human-esque with an eery, crimson glow from under the suit. It looks in the mirror, and tilts it's head in confusion. It grows angry and smashes the mirror with it's axe. The eyes of the pyro looks back to the bag on the bench. It grabs the bag and comes back to the shattered catastrophe that is the mirror. It grabs a rather large shard, and lifts it up to look at himself. It looks in the mirror again, the camera tilting as the pyro reaches into the bag. It pulls something out as the camera rush-swipes to the "view-point" of the mirror. It tilts it's mechanical melon to the left and right trying to find it's faceless center.It's hand comes into frame where it brings a tube of lipstick up to it's maw and draws crudely where lips would be if it was indeed human. it looks gleefully into the shard and drops it on the floor where it goes to black upon shattering.

Cue dramatic end-title sequence.

yes, too much time on my hands.

P.S. Drunken, I think I've figured out why we have to craft to get these wrenches, message me for a interesting business prospect.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 09:47 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg162658#msg162658 date=1278513710]
Drunken_fool got a wrench. I swear, if there's anyone who's honestly deserving of a wrench, it's that guy. :p

[/quote]

Steam forums are raging saying he 'hacked' it or used an exploit.

Yeah, like you can totally hack the steam cloud. Even if he did somehow figure out the system, I still think he should keep it.

edit

Actually, scratch that. There is a formula. He and his friends were able to figure out exactly when the wrench would drop, right down to the second. Gotta love valve and their "every craft has a chance" crap, huh. Tongue

(07-07-2010, 09:59 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg162659#msg162659 date=1278514038]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg162658#msg162658 date=1278513710]

[/quote]

Yeah, like you can totally hack the steam cloud. Even if he did somehow figure out the system, I still think he should keep it.
[/quote]

I wouldn't call it a hack, more likely either A) Someone at valve deliberately dropped it for him, or B) He got it randomly

Likely the latter but I would not put it past someone at Valve to do A.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Darklink - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 09:59 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg162659#msg162659 date=1278514038]

[/quote]

edit

Actually, scratch that. There is a formula. He and his friends were able to figure out exactly when the wrench would drop, right down to the second. Gotta love valve and their "every craft has a chance" crap, huh. Tongue
[/quote]valve's too lazy to code something random although creating a random variable isnt even hard iirc

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 10:04 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg162664#msg162664 date=1278514779]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg162659#msg162659 date=1278514038]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn't call it a hack, more likely either A) Someone at valve deliberately dropped it for him, or B) He got it randomly

Likely the latter but I would not put it past someone at Valve to do A.
[/quote]

Who is reading this and is getting chills a la T20?

Also, who is reading this that knows what that reference is?

(07-07-2010, 01:26 PM)fifty¢ link Wrote: valve's too lazy to code something random although creating a random variable isnt even hard iirc

rand() - It exists in most all languages, it will make something off the processor's clock cycle, its technically not truly 100% random, but its good enough for most express purposes, like the one in question.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 07-07-2010

lol, the guy with wrench 27 just deleted it  :-\