Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - 3clipse - 04-21-2009

Reseting Stats dosnt remove the achivments youve gained but BEWARE! It WILL reset your progress for un-finished achivments! i learned that the hard way. I was about 5 off of getting the big hurt (stunning ubered people. lol).

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 04-21-2009

Oh christ sakes.  Seriously, valve is going to be the death of it's own game.  Why oh why can't they just leave well enough alone.  If this gets full of faggotry, I wonder, how would ppl feel about finding some way to configure #1 so it's more or less frozen in time at the scout update in terms of all the weird shit.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Trace - 04-21-2009

I'm confused, where in the update is the implication of leveling your weapons?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 12:54 PM)Trace link Wrote: I'm confused, where in the update is the implication of leveling your weapons?

On each of the weapons in the class loadout screen it indicates a level.

If all of this shit is SOLELY cosmetic, I really could care less, I think its an utter waste of their time when people can freely skin things to be whatever they want.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Honest - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 01:11 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Trace link=topic=206.msg78075#msg78075 date=1240336457]

If all of this shit is SOLELY cosmetic, I really could care less, I think its an utter waste of their time when people can freely skin things to be whatever they want.
[/quote]

Brace for an influx of horse dildo bats.

(04-21-2009, 01:53 PM)Honest link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg78076#msg78076 date=1240337511]
[quote author=Trace link=topic=206.msg78075#msg78075 date=1240336457]

[/quote]

Brace for an influx of horse dildo bats.
[/quote]

Hah, Thor was hilarious, and the fact that it made a neighing sound when it critted

I think that shit got taken off FPS banana 15 minutes after it got put up

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Surf314 - 04-21-2009

These updates confuse me more and more each time a new one is released.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Aerox - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 12:54 PM)Trace link Wrote: I'm confused, where in the update is the implication of leveling your weapons?

It's more fun to make things up and then assume they're fact and complain about them.

(04-21-2009, 02:30 PM)Aerox link Wrote: [quote author=Trace link=topic=206.msg78075#msg78075 date=1240336457]

It's more fun to make things up and then assume they're fact and complain about them.
[/quote]

We wouldn't need to speculate if Valve gave us a little more detail as to what all this stuff is for

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 10:57 AM)Aerox link Wrote: Epic Gmodding/'shopping is epic:

[Image: amvcpj.jpg]

[Image: 345bf9y.jpg]

Team Fortress RPG. I'd buy it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Star Knight - 04-21-2009

Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch

Tournament mode? huh?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 04-21-2009

mp_tournament I think.  Been around since the beggining.  Allows for easier workings of compettitive matches.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Aerox - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 03:14 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: We wouldn't need to speculate if Valve gave us a little more detail as to what all this stuff is for

Speculating is fine. Deciding that speculation is fact and then declaring that Valve has completely ruined TF2 is kind of extreme. While the speculation might end up being true, it's kind of early to be saying the game is destroyed forever based on guesses of what might be coming, especially when there's so little information.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 03:14 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Aerox link=topic=206.msg78090#msg78090 date=1240342246]
[quote author=Trace link=topic=206.msg78075#msg78075 date=1240336457]

[/quote]

We wouldn't need to speculate if Valve gave us a little more detail as to what all this stuff is for
[/quote]

Well, Valve hasn't announced this, just showed the Backpack. I'm sure when they announce what's going on they will explain wtf is this hats and level crap

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 04-21-2009

Where the hell is this backpack nonsense? Its not on the TF2 blag, and I can't view the STEAM patch notes

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 04-21-2009

I am really not approving of what's going on here. Is Valve even playtesting their stuff anymore?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 07:06 PM)at0m link Wrote: Where the hell is this backpack nonsense? Its not on the TF2 blag, and I can't view the STEAM patch notes

It's a pre-update for a weapon collecting thing they'll be introducing to the game where you'll be to pick up randomly generated weapons in the game that have special atributes...extra crit chance, probably faster weapon fire, etc...things along that line.  I doubt it'll be extreme changes or that would screw up the game balance, but I think they are doing it so there are less cookie-cutter classes and people can specialize a class they like the most with a weapon that'll buff one thing, but tradeoff another.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 10:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=206.msg78173#msg78173 date=1240358784]
Where the hell is this backpack nonsense? Its not on the TF2 blag, and I can't view the STEAM patch notes

It's so they can try to cash in on the popularity of things like the stupid leveling crap in COD4.
[/quote]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 11:00 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=206.msg78288#msg78288 date=1240372395]
[quote author=at0m link=topic=206.msg78173#msg78173 date=1240358784]

It's so they can try to cash in on the popularity of things like the stupid leveling crap in COD4.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh god, COD4's leveling thing is just a mess.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Benito Mussolini - 04-21-2009

(04-21-2009, 10:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=206.msg78173#msg78173 date=1240358784]

It's a pre-update for a weapon collecting thing they'll be introducing to the game where you'll be to pick up randomly generated weapons in the game that have special atributes...extra crit chance, probably faster weapon fire, etc...things along that line.  I doubt it'll be extreme changes or that would screw up the game balance, but I think they are doing it so there are less cookie-cutter classes and people can specialize a class they like the most with a weapon that'll buff one thing, but tradeoff another.
[/quote]

I can see that.

A brave Scout quickly runs over point A of gravelpit. This point is already capped, but the scout expects to cause a surprise by getting to B from C.
As a matter of fact, at C, on his way to B, there will be a big surprise...

Scout: Oh Sweet! A lone Medic! That german punk won't understand what will have happened!

Medic: Vat did zyou zay?

Scout: Eat it!

As the Scout charges with his scatter gun, which is the most effective close range, the Medic quickly swaps his Medigun to fight off the pesky bostonian (fucking Boston sucks).

Scout: Fire! Fire! Fire!

Medic: Zyou did not expect dath, Dummkopf!

This tale ends with the death of the poor scout, who didn't expect a Medic with a stupid flamethrower

So long for the "less cookie-cutter classes".
I may have exaggerated with the flamethrower, but I don't think "sub-classes" would make the game more fun.

I long for the good old vanilla Team Fortress2...
I bet we'll be able to say to our grand-children, "When we were young, there were only 9 classes in TF2, only 9. And we didn't complain, we played the game as it was. Unlike you little spoiled brat who doesn't have enough of his 20 classes and the 100 sub-classes"