Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 07-16-2010

The dispenser, in it's full potential, has the advantage of a constant rate faster than a medic's ability to heal, according to the TF2 wiki, which I just found out is ad-central now.

by ad central you dont mean you have a ton of IE adds constantly popping up right? tf2wiki fpsbananna tf2items etc all got hit by some black internet garbage
http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/430560/

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 03:37 AM)Tim link Wrote: oh my god what happened when i was sleeping. engy the strongest in pubs? more effective than a heavy? ill just say this. dave you remember yesterday when we were a heavy medic combo? you think any of that would have happened if we were basically any other 2 classes much less a pair of engies or something? yeah i didnt think so

medic is useless when you have complete retards around you but when you have even 1 decent player its incredibly overpowered.

theres basically 2 ways to turn around an awful team without actually being any good at all your self. go medic or go heavy and yell at  someone else goes medic. without the heavy most classes just dont have the firepower and longevity to take down as many people as are in a pub but once you link those two classes together magic happens. if youre not going atleast 5:1 as a heavy with a med youre doing something very very wrong

also this is far from a defensive game. the game awards agression to every class but the engy and argueably a terrible demo who only traps although a jumping demo is really really strong

Being heavy?

Having a medic on you?

Killing people???

Pffft, what a ridiculous idea.

Edit: Here you can see me playing engi. Taken earlier this week in a different server.
[Image: engiisthebestest.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 07-16-2010

yeah heavy medic with kritz on D is amazing, yesterday me and a medic camped blu spawn on badwater for like 10 mins and got like 40 kills

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vlambo - 07-16-2010

Heavy/medick fo' life.

However, Joel and I were having great success with Pyro/Heavy Combo. We would run at them, set the all on fire, then airblast them near me, and I RATTATATATATATATA them dead

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 03:37 AM)Tim link Wrote: oh my god what happened when i was sleeping. engy the strongest in pubs? more effective than a heavy? ill just say this. dave you remember yesterday when we were a heavy medic combo? you think any of that would have happened if we were basically any other 2 classes much less a pair of engies or something? yeah i didnt think so

medic is useless when you have complete retards around you but when you have even 1 decent player its incredibly overpowered.

theres basically 2 ways to turn around an awful team without actually being any good at all your self. go medic or go heavy and pray someone else goes medic. without the heavy most classes just dont have the firepower and longevity to take down as many people as are in a pub but once you link those two classes together magic happens. if youre not going atleast 5:1 as a heavy with a med youre doing something very very wrong

also this is far from a defensive game. the game awards agression to every class but the engy and argueably a terrible demo who only traps although a jumping demo is really really strong
I never said he was the strongest, but within terms, the engineer has become the most influential class, due to the ability to create massive spaces of denial, even bigger with the wrangler, To heal and supply ammo and to concentrate fire by teleporting classes to specific areas. The heavy is a destroyer, don't get me wrong but more vulnerable to spies in the sense that a backstab is all it takes to take down a heavy, but it takes more to completely get rid of engineer-influence.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 04:23 AM)dagrett link Wrote: yeah heavy medic with kritz on D is amazing, yesterday me and a medic camped blu spawn on badwater for like 10 mins and got like 40 kills
ANYTHING with kritz on D is amazing, especially right when the gates open for PL. they come out in masses and they get fucked up

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-16-2010

I am convinced you either legitimately have downs or are an incredible troll. either way, nj that is impressive.

As diglett pointed out, if one team has medics and the other team doesn't, you can be sure whose going to win. Engy never has nor will he ever have that kind influence. Also, you place WAY too much faith in the power of a sentry, methinks you need to play PC TF2 some more before you claim engies are as ridiculous as they are on xbox. And how the FUCK does engy giving a spy 5 targets as opposed to the heavy's 1 target make him less vulnerable? As far as I'm concerned, if you're talking about spy vulnerability engy is far weaker simply because every sapped building draws his attention away from whatever he's doing at the moment, those lulls are always the points when the enemy team decides to push

(07-16-2010, 12:52 PM)Duck link Wrote: I am convinced you either legitimately have downs or are an incredible troll. either way, nj that is impressive.

As diglett pointed out, if one team has medics and the other team doesn't, you can be sure whose going to win. Engy never has nor will he ever have that kind influence. Also, you place WAY too much faith in the power of a sentry, methinks you need to play PC TF2 some more before you claim engies are as ridiculous as they are on xbox. And how the FUCK does engy giving a spy 5 targets as opposed to the heavy's 1 target make him less vulnerable? As far as I'm concerned, if you're talking about spy vulnerability engy is far weaker simply because every sapped building draws his attention away from whatever he's doing at the moment, those lulls are always the points when the enemy team decides to push
Because that is a lot less targets for the spy, one backstab, one kill, one heavy out of the way, but the engineer can heal, supply, transport, and kill.  Yes, the ubercharge/kritzkreiging is great, but the relies on competence of a human player, which is not always guarantied, and there is where the the prejudice healing begins.heavy Defense of an area is the best way to make sure you win.

and as a experienced engi, you should never be too far from your buildings, because of course spies are looking for the easy sap.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Hobospartan - 07-16-2010

I'm taking the easy way out here, but:

There's a fucking reason that medics, not engineers, are the most important member of a team at ANY level higher than a PUB.

okay, whatever, lets all agree to disagree. This is the update thread, so lets talk update. overall, I'm happy we're getting new stuff, and we're getting a fish melee weapon.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 02:00 PM)PyroZombie link Wrote: okay, whatever, lets all agree to disagree.

I think that everyone else is pretty much on the same page.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 07-16-2010

Darn, was hoping for the harpoon gun for the sniper.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - shoopfox - 07-16-2010

I want that croco hat so bad

i really hope the new kukri is throwable. i would never play anything else if i had a throwing knife and a crocodile head

secret buff to engi in latest update, wrangle a sentry and shoot a rocket at a team mate and then destroy your sentry before it hits, try it

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 07-16-2010

I'm glad i don't play tf2 anymore

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 12:52 PM)Duck link Wrote: I am convinced you either legitimately have downs or are an incredible troll. either way, nj that is impressive.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vlambo - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 06:19 PM)Turtle link Wrote: I'm glad i don't play tf2 anymore

I'm glad you don't play tf2 anymore

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 07-16-2010

(07-16-2010, 05:22 PM)dagrett link Wrote: secret buff to engi in latest update, wrangle a sentry and shoot a rocket at a team mate and then destroy your sentry before it hits, try it

DONT TELL ANYBODY GOD ITS GONNA GET REMOVED NOW I HATE YOU

(07-16-2010, 06:27 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=dagrett link=topic=206.msg164285#msg164285 date=1279318944]
secret buff to engi in latest update, wrangle a sentry and shoot a rocket at a team mate and then destroy your sentry before it hits, try it

DONT TELL ANYBODY GOD ITS GONNA GET REMOVED NOW I HATE YOU
[/quote]

i want everyone to know, it is amazing and it is great and i love it

plus you lost 450 points in hlx per team kill