Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 02:35 AM)PyroZombie link Wrote: Yes, point out my grammer when my grammer was used to make fun of duck's fuck-up.

I now understand the name "Tardle".

I'm still trying to figure out what error you're trying to point out

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 08-12-2010

[Image: finalblue.jpg]

If this wins, I want neckbolts for the heavy.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Turtle - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 03:14 AM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168893#msg168893 date=1281598515]
Yes, point out my grammer when my grammer was used to make fun of duck's fuck-up.

[/quote]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 03:14 AM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168893#msg168893 date=1281598515]
Yes, point out my grammer when my grammer was used to make fun of duck's fuck-up.

[/quote]

I think Pyrozombie thinks ie doesn't mean anything....

God Pyrozombie, you're like Dakota + sparro for the forums.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Geoff - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 01:35 PM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=206.msg168899#msg168899 date=1281600847]
[quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168893#msg168893 date=1281598515]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OH MY GOD

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 02:50 PM)geoff link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=206.msg168958#msg168958 date=1281638128]
[quote author=Duck link=topic=206.msg168899#msg168899 date=1281600847]
[quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168893#msg168893 date=1281598515]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OH MY GOD
[/quote]internet explorer right

oh, "ie"? I thought that was "is".

Got to fix this small font problem on this thing. For some reason, when my brother got off,  All the letters are so damn small I can barely read them.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 03:16 PM)PyroZombie link Wrote: oh, "ie"? I thought that was "is".

Got to fix this small font problem on this thing. For some reason, when my brother got off,  All the letters are so damn small I can barely read them.

Ctrl + Scroll Wheel

Honestly, I think most of the regular posters here are 'tards, based on the blatant disregard for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. And that's before you consider the simplistic sentence structures and severely limited vocabulary.

--------------------

Now, to get back on track.

I want a Heavy update. A long range Heavy. Think Sasha + Wrangler.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - shoopfox - 08-12-2010

Lol then what's the downside?

(08-12-2010, 04:17 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168975#msg168975 date=1281644191]

Ctrl + Scroll Wheel

Honestly, I think most of the regular posters here are 'tards, based on the blatant disregard for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. And that's before you consider the simplistic sentence structures and severely limited vocabulary.

--------------------

[/quote]

(08-12-2010, 04:17 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg168975#msg168975 date=1281644191]

Ctrl + Scroll Wheel

--------------------

[/quote]

Didzo, I <3 you, but I just have to... =p

Quote:Honestly, I think most of the regular posters here are 'tards, based on the blatant disregard for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. And that's before you consider the simplistic sentence structures and severely limited vocabulary.

Quote:'tards, based on ..... and punctuation. And that's before you ...........

Quote:and punctuation. And that's

Quote:punctuation. And that's

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Radio Raheem - 08-12-2010

are you seriously criticizing grammar on a tf2 forum? really youre being that guy?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Didzo - 08-12-2010

Kirby, thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Idiot.

There is no grammatical rule against using a conjunction to start a sentence. You just think so because your first grade teacher told you never to use "and" to start a sentence.

Why?

Because they can.

----------------------------

On the long range Heavy:

The drawback would be a longer spin-up time, and slower firing rate, making him significantly weaker at close range.

@tim: yes im being that guy because i get annoyed trying to read stuff like this all the time raped like paper it really gets annoying also im kind of a dick if you havent noticed

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 08-12-2010

I remember when everyone thought heavy was gonna get a bofor cannon

[Image: M8FBw.jpg]

I still wish heavy could get a bofor cannon. That said, Medic is SERIOUSLY due some community weapons already, don't disappoint me valve

I believe some of the models of mini-gun in the polycount contest could imply a long-range hole-maker, but how about this for a drawback?

The longer the range, The stronger it gets. The shorter the range, the weaker it gets. Logically, It doesn't make any sense, but in a world where wooden shields make you less flammable and being covered in piss makes you weaker, I don't think anyone would argue.

This could also make a new breed of heavy, one that actually uses his secondary weapon(I don't consider the Sandvich a weapon).

If the medic doesn't get the secret poly-count pack seal of approval, I'll start working harder towards making the "Broom-Handle" and the "Man-Opener"/"Rib-Spreader"(Really can't think of a good name for a Jaws of Life based melee-weapon. I'm personally leaning towards the Man-Opener) more then just ideas.

(08-12-2010, 06:06 PM)PyroZombie link Wrote: The longer the range, The stronger it gets. The shorter the range, the weaker it gets. Logically, It doesn't make any sense,

That idea is actually not bad tbh, it's been done before too, in Mechwarrior. Long Tom Artillery, it was p.boss.

(08-12-2010, 05:43 PM)Duck link Wrote: I remember when everyone thought heavy was gonna get a bofor cannon

I still wish heavy could get a bofor cannon. That said, Medic is SERIOUSLY due some community weapons already, don't disappoint me valve

If I can reflect that, then yes I want it in the game, like 5 minutes ago.

>Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 05:43 PM)Duck link Wrote: I remember when everyone thought heavy was gonna get a bofor cannon

This would work with the damage increase as range increases thing, they were proximity fuzed explosive shells ;x

didzo you seriously need a reality check if you think those of us that dont give a shit about spelling or grammar on a tf2 forum are retarded.  we're not here to write a fucking english paper. 

ill let this post finish the argument.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 06:06 PM)PyroZombie link Wrote: The longer the range, The stronger it gets. The shorter the range, the weaker it gets.

I personally don't have a problem with that idea, but I guarantee you that Valve will never implement something like that. They specifically designed TF2 so that 99% of all combat takes place at medium-to-close range (with the Sniper as the one exception). That's why there's damage falloff for all weapons, regardless of whether it makes any sense, and that's why the main secondary weapon is a shotgun.

(08-12-2010, 07:31 PM)K2 link Wrote: [quote author=PyroZombie link=topic=206.msg169013#msg169013 date=1281654419]
The longer the range, The stronger it gets. The shorter the range, the weaker it gets.

I personally don't have a problem with that idea, but I guarantee you that Valve will never implement something like that. They specifically designed TF2 so that 99% of all combat takes place at medium-to-close range (with the Sniper as the one exception). That's why there's damage falloff for all weapons, regardless of whether it makes any sense, and that's why the main secondary weapon is a shotgun.
[/quote]

k2, isnt that how flares work?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 08-12-2010

I don't even care what this gun does.  I just want to use it.  It could shoot flowers for all I care.

Flower Warfare - Psychedelic Action Scene