Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 08-24-2010

(08-24-2010, 09:32 PM)at0m link Wrote: I didn't get them, even though I preordered. WTF, I hate this shit.

I had that shit with Bill's hat. Sorry man.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 08-25-2010

(08-24-2010, 09:32 PM)at0m link Wrote: I didn't get them, even though I preordered. WTF, I hate this shit.

email valve i bet you can get some pity points out of them if you sound like a polite, devoted fan

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-25-2010

The Worms items haven't even been patched into the game yet, stop whining.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-25-2010

(08-25-2010, 09:09 AM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: The Worms items haven't even been patched into the game yet, stop whining.
Sure they have, haven't you seen the super-secret update log? b)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 08-25-2010

I just hope when you do the equalizer taunt with holy hand grenades they add the "hallelujah!" sound.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-25-2010

(08-25-2010, 09:22 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=206.msg170904#msg170904 date=1282745364]
The Worms items haven't even been patched into the game yet, stop whining.
Sure they have, haven't you seen the super-secret update log? b)
[/quote]

You mean the one the says they fucked up holiday timing?

or the one w/ engine upda... I see what you did there.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-25-2010

(08-25-2010, 09:57 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: I just hope when you do the equalizer taunt with holy hand grenades they add the "hallelujah!" sound.
Fucking agreed, that would be so awesome.

Also if you're buying Worms, get in this group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BRBWORMS (fuck making a thread for it)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - backfire - 08-26-2010

Okay, I need to know. Is anyone else having horrible hit detection issues? I've seen so many shots that were dead-on either miss completely or just barely skim them. Other times I've had shots that I saw were completely off target and somehow get the full 80 points of damage. This is frustrating me to no end. >Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [SiN] Merc - 08-26-2010

(08-26-2010, 07:57 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay, I need to know. Is anyone else having horrible hit detection issues? I've seen so many shots that were dead-on either miss completely or just barely skim them. Other times I've had shots that I saw were completely off target and somehow get the full 80 points of damage. This is frustrating me to no end. >Sad

Here too sir. My ambassador feels like crap at the moment. Every time I'm like "BAM! GOTCHA!" They take only a piddly 30 damage, and have a bloodstain the size of Mexico on their temple.

I scream as I'm blown to bits by a shotgun.

That, and my backstabs have been questionable at best, several fail a night. On the bright side, I do get at least one facestab, but still...

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 08-26-2010

yeah, what merc said, but minus the backstabs. i pop a dude in the face and it misses completely, repeat 30 times a round

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 08-26-2010

thx gameservers.com

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - copulatingduck - 08-27-2010

tf2 is bad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 08-27-2010

Quote: Merc link=topic=206.msg171193#msg171193 date=1282879405]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=206.msg171141#msg171141 date=1282870654]
Okay, I need to know. Is anyone else having horrible hit detection issues? I've seen so many shots that were dead-on either miss completely or just barely skim them. Other times I've had shots that I saw were completely off target and somehow get the full 80 points of damage. This is frustrating me to no end. >Sad

Here too sir. My ambassador feels like crap at the moment. Every time I'm like "BAM! GOTCHA!" They take only a piddly 30 damage, and have a bloodstain the size of Mexico on their temple.

I scream as I'm blown to bits by a shotgun.

That, and my backstabs have been questionable at best, several fail a night. On the bright side, I do get at least one facestab, but still...
[/quote]

Usually this relates to cleaning out the server's temp files which I try to do like once a month. Should have better performance tonight

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-27-2010

I've noticed the hit detection for a while. I'll be scout, and literally the only thing I see on my screen is the other player, I'll shoot, and somehow not do any damage.

Same with melee, sometimes I'll attack, it'll make the hit sound but not the ding, and it doesn't do any damage.  Sad

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 08-28-2010

who's that pokeman?!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-untitled-telltale/703721

or has this already been posted? X3

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - at0m - 08-28-2010

(08-28-2010, 01:29 AM)Reevesith link Wrote: who's that pokeman?!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-untitled-telltale/703721

or has this already been posted? X3
penny arcade, sam & max, tf2, and strongbad? wat

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 08-28-2010

(08-25-2010, 09:57 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: I just hope when you do the equalizer taunt with holy hand grenades they add the "hallelujah!" sound.

I DUN MAED A VIDYAH.

Hallelujah!

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - PyroZombie - 08-30-2010

"Sunday, Bloody Sunday."?

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Reevesith - 09-08-2010

Anyone else have the endless loading screen problem as well?  after the update it freezes there _-_

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Badgerman of DOOM - 09-21-2010

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2)
Optimizations to multi-core rendering
Removed -heapsize command line argument. Some detail: This command made sense in Half-Life 1’s memory manager. The current engine manages memory in a way that doesn’t need it specified. Under some circumstances, specifying a non-optimal heapsize causes crashes and/or reduced performance
Fixed an exploit that allowed people to send fake VAC messages to clients