Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 03:16 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg176131#msg176131 date=1285877217]
[quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=206.msg176124#msg176124 date=1285874299]
EH I see what you're saying caff, but seriously, for pay?  It'd take a lifetime to collect an entire set without paying.  And some of those items and effects are kinda bullshit.  Especially the anti-headshot.

*edit*

On the plus side tho, the new spy stuff is pretty balanced.  But the entranger is going to make merc even more annoying with the DR now Tongue  Actually, hell, use the whole set and merc will never die Tongue

You dont take headshots, but you also dont give them, the +50 protects you from a bodyshot, but not much else
[/quote]

I didn't see the thing where you also can't give headshots. That makes it pretty interesting.
[/quote]

The no headshot bonus is for using all the items at once, but the new rifle does not give them out, and you dont have a secondary weapon at all, with the long distance pee it makes the sniper a long range support class.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Vongore - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 03:31 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=206.msg176132#msg176132 date=1285877809]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg176131#msg176131 date=1285877217]
[quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=206.msg176124#msg176124 date=1285874299]
EH I see what you're saying caff, but seriously, for pay?  It'd take a lifetime to collect an entire set without paying.  And some of those items and effects are kinda bullshit.  Especially the anti-headshot.

*edit*

On the plus side tho, the new spy stuff is pretty balanced.  But the entranger is going to make merc even more annoying with the DR now Tongue  Actually, hell, use the whole set and merc will never die Tongue

I would still reduce the long distance Pee status to 3 seconds instead of 6.

You dont take headshots, but you also dont give them, the +50 protects you from a bodyshot, but not much else
[/quote]

I didn't see the thing where you also can't give headshots. That makes it pretty interesting.
[/quote]

The no headshot bonus is for using all the items at once, but the new rifle does not give them out, and you dont have a secondary weapon at all, with the long distance pee it makes the sniper a long range support class.
[/quote]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - K2 - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 03:31 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=206.msg176132#msg176132 date=1285877809]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=206.msg176131#msg176131 date=1285877217]

*edit*

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also note that it says "The wearer cannot be killed by headshots," not that they can't be headshot. That could mean that a headshot just knocks them down to 1 health instead of killing them.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 09-30-2010

yeah, a tf2 dev confirmed it brings you to 1 hp, which is more acceptable in my book

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Versus - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 03:46 PM)dagrett link Wrote: yeah, a tf2 dev confirmed it brings you to 1 hp, which is more acceptable in my book

smg time

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - [fr31ns]Karrde - 09-30-2010

Ok, that's better then.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - HeK - 09-30-2010

[Image: jump_the_shark.png]

As the HLstats admin:
[Image: ffffuuuu.jpg]

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Moosendoo - 09-30-2010

^lol

Anyway, trading is neat.  Already traded my yellow belt for a panama.  It feels good to be a professional (rather than a pee master) once again.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Maxon - 09-30-2010

God damn, is the pricing broken in the store for some of this stuff? Why would anyone pay nearly twenty bucks for one hat?  That's not even realistic for this type of stuff.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - beep beep diglett - 09-30-2010

yeah hats are fucking overpriced as hell

sidenote: eternal reward fucking owns. instant disguise + you keep medigun beams and the victims corpse makes no sound and disappears

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Chief - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 05:11 PM)dagrett link Wrote: yeah hats are fucking overpriced as hell

sidenote: eternal reward fucking owns. instant disguise + you keep medigun beams and the victims corpse makes no sound and disappears
willing to trade hats for new spy revolver and knife

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 09-30-2010

General observations:

Well, nice to see that the Medic's role is getting shafted pretty hard and "going it alone" is being encouraged what with all the health buffs, health gaining items, vs. sentry perks, and the counterkirtz defense items. (grumblegrumble)

Tank Buster
- The hat is cool
- The launcher is ok
- See above on thoughts about counterkritz...

Special Delivery
- The Pepper gun looks like it has potential, A pistol with a better chance to sink all the shots would be DEVISTATING
- Mad Milk seems to be a waste of a slot, like the rest of the drinks, but the +25 pack perk mitigates it
- I really hope that fish makes the victim get minicrits...

Croco-O-Style
- Preventing the sniper from getting headshotted with the pack perk seems like a bit of a game breaker, but I guess the inability to give headshots is a decent tradeoff.
- Welcome to the age of well-justified BAWDYSHAWTS
- I do like the possibility of a Jarate+Bushwacka combo

Gas Jockey Gear:
- The Degreaser's weapon switch speed is useless if you already know how to flame-puff-axe, free scrap
- Powerjack has O-fucking-P written all over it. It'd be more balanced if they slowed the melee speed a-la Ubersaw.
- Pack perk is lame, boolets are the primary counter-Pyro tactic

Saharan Spy:
- I think the Your Eternal Reward knife is pretty spiffy. It'll make the spy fun to play
- The L'frenchy Spy gun's killing power handicap makes only slightly more useful than the Ambassador
- Pack perk is devious
- Fez Smile

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Wedge - 09-30-2010

Just stopped by to say LOL and go back to playing DFO, which is now shockingly similar to TF2.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 09-30-2010

I'm gone for a day and THIS happens? 5 new sets of items, a cashshop, and the trading?!

DEAR GOD

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - ZargonX - 09-30-2010

The Mann store offended me with it's prices, and the BSOD'd my computer.  This is off to a bad start.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - KarthXLR - 09-30-2010

...are people seriously going to pay for hats? Oh god it's like the maplestory is rushing back to me HELP

(09-30-2010, 06:11 PM)Karth link Wrote: ...are people seriously going to pay for hats? Oh god it's like the maplestory is rushing back to me HELP

If the gear was like 50 cents a pop? I could see caving in for the sniper gear...Over 20 bucks for 3 items, which is actually more than it cost to buy TF2? Fuck that. I don't get what Valve is doing with this.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - CaffeinePowered - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 06:15 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=206.msg176171#msg176171 date=1285888315]
...are people seriously going to pay for hats? Oh god it's like the maplestory is rushing back to me HELP

If the gear was like 50 cents a pop? I could see caving in for the sniper gear...Over 20 bucks for 3 items, which is actually more than it cost to buy TF2? Fuck that. I don't get what Valve is doing with this.
[/quote]

Someone upstairs bitched that the cost of making updates was not made up by the increased sales they got on free weekends and what not.

The pricing structure is what baffles me, it seems like stuff is volatile, more people buy it the price goes up, sort of like that patch they had for CSS for a while with the gun market, and how every server operator and their mother turned that shit off within a few hours of the patch.

I have no problem with Valve trying to make a few extra bucks, but I can't see anyone buying their stuff for 17 bucks or other items for 5 bucks.  It's just gonna make the whole store a useless feature.  Sure a few might jump into the hype of it at first, but it's just gonna die off if they don't change the prices.  I'd almost consider a buck for a hat, but never 5 bucks.  It's a digital item.  It's not worth it.

Re: Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion) - Kirby - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 05:20 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: - The Degreaser's weapon switch speed is useless if you already know how to flame-puff-axe, free scrap

You're the worst pyro ever and I hope you never play it again because you're that bad.

Do you realize just how significant pulling your weapons out 65% faster is?

This weapon has zero downsides.

Good job rating and reviewing the weapons before ever seeing or using them though.