Be Right Back, Uninstalling
SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Left4Dead (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring (/showthread.php?tid=2233)

Pages: 1 2 3

SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Vongore - 02-05-2009

[Image: bunny11.jpg]

Post is short, so there's a bunny

http://kotaku.com/5147229/left-4-dead-survival-pack-unveiled

Yay and expansion pack. a New mode for versus called Survival and 2 more campaigns. ALSOO FUCKING SDK! YAY

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Vongore - 02-05-2009

Can anyone tell me when is spring on the US?

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - ScottyGrayskull - 02-05-2009

Well, I think that's some range of time between March and May. :-\

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Versus - 02-05-2009

spring starts march 21

i can wait a month or 2 :3

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - CaffeinePowered - 02-05-2009

This better be free or I will nut tap someone at Valve

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - fyre - 02-05-2009

Waiiiiit.....it's a fucking expansion pack?? Seriously? Come the fuck on, Valve, who's gonna pay for two versus maps and one new mode?

i hope it's free for us. It's obvious people on Xbox will have to pay for it, as MS doesn't like to give away things for free.
But really, i hope with [Expansion pack they mean a huuuuge update like TF2's, not like the billion Sims expansion packs that exist around there

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - fyre - 02-05-2009

Well...the Kotaku article says the new content will be included in a special edition, and it makes a point of saying the SDK will be free. Which leads me to believe the new content won't be free.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Versus - 02-05-2009

>Sad >Sad >Sad

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Mission Difficult - 02-05-2009

If it's not free on the PC they can shove that  content right up their asses. I'll just dig on user created content.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - CaffeinePowered - 02-05-2009

yea...not paying a fucking dime for this, we paid $50 for broken servers and 4 fucking maps (only two....TWO multiplayer maps)

If this costs money, don't fucking encourage Valve by buying it, spread the word to anyone you know who plays/owns l4d

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Spore - 02-05-2009

They can't honestly charge for this.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - ScottyGrayskull - 02-05-2009

(02-05-2009, 02:23 PM)Vongore link Wrote:i hope it's free for us. It's obvious people on Xbox will have to pay for it, as MS doesn't like to give away things for free.

Contrary to what some pretentious cunts would have you believe, you can get things to XBL for free (eg: the theme and gamerpics you get with The Maw).

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Maxon - 02-05-2009

Alot longer than I was hoping for them to get out the SDK and new campaigns, but it's better than not having it at all.  And I would assume it to be free and that the campaigns are just the ones that are available in singleplayer and to have to pay for just a slightly altered version of them would be really lame.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - x - 02-05-2009

(02-05-2009, 02:41 PM)Caffeine link Wrote:yea...not paying a fucking dime for this

While I do agree with your sentiment, everyone needs to chill the fuck out. All this anger is based purely on speculation.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Dave - 02-05-2009

RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - KarthXLR - 02-05-2009

(02-05-2009, 03:59 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote:[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=2276.msg65149#msg65149 date=1233862873]
yea...not paying a fucking dime for this

While I do agree with your sentiment, everyone needs to chill the fuck out. All this anger is based purely on speculation.
[/quote]
THANK YOU.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - Wedge - 02-05-2009

I'd pay for like... 2 completely new campaigns with single and versus modes.  I would not pay for the two versus maps that were supposed to ship with the fucking game.  I'm sad I got a 360 now just because I no longer want to do anything to encourage Microsoft's existence in the gaming space, since you KNOW they had a hand (up someone's ass) in this.

Re: SDK and 2 new Campaings to be released this Spring - KorJax - 02-05-2009

I don't see why everyone is freaking out.

Why the hell would you have reason to suspect them doing this for money?  Considering Valve released (albet slowly, but it's valve) character expansions, new maps, and new game modes for TF2 on PC absolutly free (and it would of made it to 360 free too minus the hold ups).

Besides, think of it this way.  With the SDK, anyone could easily modify the existing campaigns to be versus compatable.  Do you honestly think valve wouldn't realize this, and release the SDK for free while expecting users to pay for something that would be modded in with their own sdk easily?