Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) (/showthread.php?tid=2455)

Pages: 1 2

Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - ainmosni - 03-17-2009

So here are the ranks and permissions I have set up so far:

All ranks have the permissions of the previous rank.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Rank[/td]
[td]Permissions[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Peon[/td]
[td]The starting rank, can't do anything except speak in guild chat, deposit money in the bank and invite new members.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Grunt[/td]
[td]This rank can view the first bank tab and donate items[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Sergeant[/td]
[td]This rank can now also take one item/stack a day from the first tab[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Blood Guard[/td]
[td]This rank can take 2 items per day from the first tab and view/deposit/take 1 item a day from the second tab[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Champion[/td]
[td]This rank can take 5 items a day from either tab and promote people. They can also take 5 gold a day from the bank.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Warlord[/td]
[td]The Leadership of the guild, these people can do almost everything[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Overlord[/td]
[td]That would be me and I can do everything[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

This is how it's set up for now but I need some input if these restrictions are too lax or too strict. This is where you people come in!

DISCUSS! Smile

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Dave - 03-17-2009

lololol gaylord and cockmaster

on this note, im considering coming back to WoW to help you ain
you know you need me.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - CaffeinePowered - 03-17-2009

(03-17-2009, 01:04 PM)Dave link Wrote: lololol gaylord and cockmaster

you know you need me.

You need a lesson from Kalarifik on how to create guild rank names Wink

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - ainmosni - 03-17-2009

(03-17-2009, 01:04 PM)Dave link Wrote: lololol gaylord and cockmaster

you know you need me.

LOL, I don't have cock on my mind all the time Dave, is there something you're not telling us? Wink

On the other note, you're always welcome.

The names seemed to make sense as we're a horde guild and didn't want to keep the standard ones. Everything is up for change though but the names for the normal ranks shouldn't change too much.

meh the hoarde is more barbaristic, look at the pvp titles

lord and knight and all that are very alliance

check the pvp titles.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Comedian - 03-17-2009

Agreed, the PvP titles aren't bad at all.
The're here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Title

I like the undying and so on..
Althou its not strictly a PvP one

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Eschatos - 03-17-2009

I'm going to hate myself, but I liked playing a trial a while ago and I'm considering subbing.  Can US players join EU servers?  Do you have room for a shadow priest? And more importantly, do I get the automatic rank of Lord just for being a BRBUer?

(03-17-2009, 04:25 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I'm going to hate myself, but I liked playing a trial a while ago and I'm considering subbing.  Can US players join EU servers?  Do you have room for a shadow priest? And more importantly, do I get the automatic rank of Lord just for being a BRBUer?

no

no (go holy spec dont be selfish)

no

are the answers.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - ainmosni - 03-17-2009

(03-17-2009, 04:30 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=2508.msg71851#msg71851 date=1237325125]
I'm going to hate myself, but I liked playing a trial a while ago and I'm considering subbing.  Can US players join EU servers?  Do you have room for a shadow priest? And more importantly, do I get the automatic rank of Lord just for being a BRBUer?

no

no

are the answers.
[/quote]

In the next patch you will be able to do a second spec which you can switch to at will. (Has a long cooldown time afaik) so you could go holy and shadow.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - dazee - 03-17-2009

I will wrap my precious mind around these ideas the next days and will give proper feedback then!!! Smile

(03-17-2009, 04:25 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I'm going to hate myself, but I liked playing a trial a while ago and I'm considering subbing.  Can US players join EU servers?  Do you have room for a shadow priest? And more importantly, do I get the automatic rank of Lord just for being a BRBUer?

And to answer your question, yes if you install the EU client. (I accidentally installed the US one at first, confused the fuck outta me, get the trial version from www.wow-europe.com[url=http://][/url])
Yes but we'll love you a lot if you dual spec holy when able.
Lord no but we're revising the rank system to incorporate trust.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Greatbacon - 03-17-2009

I use to mess around in a WoW community that had both EU and US members, and I know that there was a way for the EU folks to play on US servers. 

If i remember correctly it involved tinkering around a bit in the client files to set it to connect to EU servers, then someone on the other side of the pond had to pick up the respect account keys for you. 

It would work, but if you planned on doing anything serial like raiding and shit, you'd have to deal with the like 7 hour difference or something like that.

its just changing a text file in your server list logs
did it when i did shitty world pvp with some americans befoer
you need a valid US account also.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Geoff - 03-17-2009

(03-17-2009, 01:01 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [table][tr]
[td]24/7 2FORT[b][/td]
[td]The starting rank, can't do anything except speak in guild chat, deposit money in the bank and invite new members.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b]Wakati
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]w+mouse1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Wifu[/td]
[td]This rank can take 2 items per day from the first tab and view/deposit/take 1 item a day from the second tab[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Vongore's Accent[/td]
[td]This rank can take 5 items a day from either tab and promote people. They can also take 5 gold a day from the bank.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]nice dick[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]SCOTTY[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

fixed

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Eschatos - 03-17-2009

(03-17-2009, 04:37 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=2508.msg71853#msg71853 date=1237325438]
[quote author=Eschatos link=topic=2508.msg71851#msg71851 date=1237325125]

no

no

are the answers.
[/quote]

In the next patch you will be able to do a second spec which you can switch to at will. (Has a long cooldown time afaik) so you could go holy and shadow.
[/quote]

I'm just doing shadow because shadow levels a helluva lot faster than holy and soloes a lot better.  If/when I start playing I'll wait till I hit 80 or so and then I'll respec.

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Benito Mussolini - 03-17-2009

HERO can take 5gold a day from the bank?

Long time I haven't played, but from what I heard, 5gold can be gotten in a few minutes now, can't it?

and...
(03-17-2009, 01:04 PM)Dave link Wrote: on this note, im considering coming back to WoW to help you ain
you know you need me.

Just how many MMOs are you playing right now, Dave?

and by the way,
(03-17-2009, 01:21 PM)Dave link Wrote: meh the hoarde is more barbaristic, look at the pvp titles

lord and knight and all that are very alliance

check the pvp titles.
From my experience and from what I hear from friends, the Alliance is not the side you want to be on...

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - ScottyGrayskull - 03-18-2009

(03-17-2009, 06:49 PM)Geoff link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=2508.msg71829#msg71829 date=1237312895]
[table][tr]
[td]SCOTTY[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

fixed
[/quote]

Wouldn't that imply people give a shit about anything I do?

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - CaffeinePowered - 03-18-2009

(03-17-2009, 01:01 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [table]
[tr]
[td]Rank[/td]
[td]Permissions[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Ertai[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bottom Pirate[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tomatoes on Toast[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Beans on Toast[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Marmide on Toast[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Duel Boxing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bamelin[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Also fixed Wink

If you weren't coming out to PS often, you won't get the joke

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - ainmosni - 03-18-2009

(03-18-2009, 06:35 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Geoff link=topic=2508.msg71878#msg71878 date=1237333767]
[quote author=ainmosni link=topic=2508.msg71829#msg71829 date=1237312895]
[table][tr]
[td]SCOTTY[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

fixed
[/quote]

[/quote]

We do! <3 <3 <3

Re: Ranks and Permissions. (Draft version, please discuss) - Eschatos - 03-18-2009

(03-18-2009, 07:33 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=2508.msg71961#msg71961 date=1237376126]
[quote author=Geoff link=topic=2508.msg71878#msg71878 date=1237333767]
[quote author=ainmosni link=topic=2508.msg71829#msg71829 date=1237312895]
[table][tr]
[td]SCOTTY[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

fixed
[/quote]

[/quote]

We do! <3 <3 <3
[/quote]

Or at least pretend to.