Be Right Back, Uninstalling
TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! (/showthread.php?tid=2798)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Radio Raheem - 05-12-2009

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniperupdate/

this looks terrible already let the complaining begin

i realized the title was far too optimisic

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-12-2009

Quote:Karrde link=topic=2612.msg82176#msg82176 date=1242160231]
They updated.  All I can say is, ah fuck.  More shit to keep players from moving?

From the other thread.  And yesh, this is gonna be terribaad, just like the scoot.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Dave - 05-12-2009

i hope they give him a sword, then i can actually play this class.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Wedge - 05-12-2009

(05-12-2009, 03:59 PM)Dave link Wrote: i hope they give him a sword, then i can actually play this class.

He already has a sword and you can already play him like that.  It's awesome.  Also just use the rifle without ever scoping it.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Surf314 - 05-12-2009

Why do they always feel the need to give classes something ridiculous?  What was wrong with just giving him a less powerful semi-auto rifle or something?

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Maxon - 05-12-2009

I like it lol I could care less what people think about this one, that's a fun weapon lol

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Wedge - 05-12-2009

Pinning ragdolls to walls is always win in any case.  I loved the crossbow in the UTChaos mods.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-12-2009

So long it's only the ragdolls who get pinned.  Not screaming disabled players.  See, I had a sick thought, but knowing valve it's what they'll do.  Pin a player to a wall.  Player can shoot, but can't suicide or move.  Player cannot be freed.  Player eventually runs out of ammo and becomes a stationary melee turret.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 05-12-2009

[Image: sigh.jpg]

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Vongore - 05-12-2009

you know, i have faith on this one...But only a little

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - KarthXLR - 05-12-2009

I already have a bad feeling about this.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Benito Mussolini - 05-12-2009

Quote:Karrde link=topic=2859.msg82187#msg82187 date=1242162655]
So long it's only the ragdolls who get pinned.  Not screaming disabled players.  See, I had a sick thought, but knowing valve it's what they'll do.  Pin a player to a wall.  Player can shoot, but can't suicide or move.  Player cannot be freed.  Player eventually runs out of ammo and becomes a stationary melee turret.

Obviously, the arrow would pin you forever.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 05-12-2009

So long it's only the ragdolls who get pinned.  Not screaming disabled players. 

I wish, but: "Any experienced sniper will tell you how irritating it is when your targets keep moving around. The question is how to stop these cheaters from wind-sprinting around like they own the place. And the answer is to pin them to a wall. How? With arrows!"

Love the idea of a bow and arrow as a weapon, just not what they're doing with it :/

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 05-12-2009

Any experienced sniper shithead will tell you how irritating it is when your targets keep moving around.

of course players move around, shithead

i don't need you to tell me that

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Maxon - 05-12-2009

I really don't see it as a permanent or even a temporary wall pin while alive.  That would turn it into an 18 shot Sandman and after getting so much flack for that, I can't see it happening, but we'll have to see.  Corpse pinning is awesome and will be hilarious, let's hope it doesn't do anything to the living other than the arrow sticking out of them.

Of course they'll now be adding in the Metal Gear Solid 3 healing screen to pull out the arrow or suffer more damage.  Now that is bound to happen!

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD YAY! - CaffeinePowered - 05-12-2009

So long it's only the ragdolls who get pinned.  Not screaming disabled players.

This, if its ragdolls only, cool

If its pinning people to walls and immobilizing them, I will rage

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Badgerman of DOOM - 05-12-2009

I hope the pinning is only a slowdown.
Also, the clip is far too small.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Radio Raheem - 05-12-2009

theres still the issue of 1 second charge. assuming headshots obviously wont kill a heavy. will a charged bodyshot kill a medic? a scout? will they be projectile or hitscan? it almost has to be projectile due to the entire idea. can valves bad game detect a projectile headshot? hitscan headshots dont register enough as it is. are they easy to dodge?

i see this as a pretty obvious downgrade from the rifle. projectile and possible arcing of a shot kinda kill it. max range?

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - K2 - 05-12-2009

The bow seems like a pretty cool idea (as long as it doesn't pin living players, that is). Depending on how fast the arrows travel, it could be pretty useful for smaller maps or maps with shorter sightlines.

Re: TIMS SNIPER UPDATE MEGATHREAD BOOOURNS! - Negate - 05-12-2009

www.tf2.com[url=http://][/url]
You can quit your whining guys. seriously.