Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2849)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - CaffeinePowered - 05-19-2009

Current Limits

Sniper - 3
Spy - 3

These apply to #1 only at the moment I believe, I can't remember at the moment if #2 has any limits, and I know that #3 currently does not have any limits.

Do we want these numbers to be changed or apply to all servers during the update?

Please post any thoughts you have here, I'm definitely open to having different limits on different servers as well, during the scout update, there was a limit of 3 Scouts on #1 and no limit on #3.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - 3clipse - 05-19-2009

Good idea.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Surf314 - 05-19-2009

3 each is fine, shouldn't be on #2 as that is the goof off server.  #3 I think is supposed to be vanilla-like so that is debatable there.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - CaffeinePowered - 05-19-2009

(05-19-2009, 10:56 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: 3 each is fine, shouldn't be on #2 as that is the goof off server.  #3 I think is supposed to be vanilla-like so that is debatable there.

Just throwing it out there for #3 if anyone wants it there (even if only for say, a week), Ive always been surprised its not built into the game by default, as every other iteration of the team fortress model that I know of has the cvars for limits built in.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Eschatos - 05-19-2009

I'll be working on my Scout achievements then.  I still only have 2 or 3.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Versus - 05-19-2009

sounds good.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - zaneyard - 05-19-2009

uhh, im pretty sure there was a 2 scout limit last night.

i personally dont mind the limit, as i am awesome at every class.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - CaffeinePowered - 05-19-2009

(05-19-2009, 11:53 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: uhh, im pretty sure there was a 2 scout limit last night.

i personally dont mind the limit, as i am awesome at every class.

I just listed the relevant classes....I think at some point I might have stuck limits on #3, Ill need to check when I get home

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - zaneyard - 05-19-2009

ehh, just figured i would point that out
we were on steel on server one

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Wedge - 05-19-2009

Practically speaking you never have a need for more than 2 of either of these, but I don't really care I guess, I never play the updated classes for a while.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Fail Medic - 05-19-2009

I support #1 limited, #2 unlimited, #3... ... unlimited.  I'm not sure about #3.  I say unlimited because of the vanilla thing, but I like #1 being a haven of forced normalcy.

Sniper and Spy are my least played classes (2.9, 9.3 hours, respectively), but I'm actually not fearing the update that much.  Sniper lines can be avoided on a well-designed map, and spies with little experience are easy to hose down on their approach if you're alert... maybe.

edit: failed to put numbers.  I'm with 2 on #1, 3 on #3.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Dave - 05-19-2009

#1: 2 of each
#2: unlim since its the special kids only server.

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - Trace - 05-19-2009

(05-19-2009, 12:58 PM)Dave link Wrote: #1: 2 of each
#2: unlim since its the special kids only server.

#3: 2 of each. Relatively the same kind of play as #1 without the customs. Plus it'd just be more enjoyable without huge #s of spies/snipers during the next few weeks. Unless we choose to turn #3 into the whoring server(which will probably happen on  #2 anyways).

Re: Sniper/Spy Class Limits on Updates Discussion - fyre - 05-19-2009

Class limits suck. Much as I hate being on BLU on Dustbowl when half of the team are snipers, people should have the right to be fuckwits. So if you're not gonna remove the limits entirely, I say leave it the way it is. I don't support limiting peoples options even further. It's not gonna be hard to kill snipers and spies.

(05-19-2009, 02:17 PM)fyre link Wrote: Class limits suck. Much as I hate being on BLU on Dustbowl when half of the team are snipers, people should have the right to be fuckwits. So if you're not gonna remove the limits entirely, I say leave it the way it is. I don't support limiting peoples options even further. It's not gonna be hard to kill snipers and spies.

server 1 is strictly no asshats.

stay on server 2 if thats how you feel.

(05-19-2009, 02:19 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=2912.msg84171#msg84171 date=1242760676]
Class limits suck. Much as I hate being on BLU on Dustbowl when half of the team are snipers, people should have the right to be fuckwits. So if you're not gonna remove the limits entirely, I say leave it the way it is. I don't support limiting peoples options even further. It's not gonna be hard to kill snipers and spies.

[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Server one is the main server. Server two is for "fun" maps. Going sniper or spy when half of your team is already that class is stupid but it is hardly griefing.

(05-19-2009, 03:09 PM)fyre link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=2912.msg84172#msg84172 date=1242760764]
[quote author=fyre link=topic=2912.msg84171#msg84171 date=1242760676]

[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Server one is the main server. Server two is for "fun" maps. Going sniper or spy when half of your team is already that class is stupid but it is hardly griefing.
[/quote]

its griefing if your trying to play the actual aim of the game (intel cap point pushmap) and everyone but you is trying to whore unlocks or get kills with the two useless objective classes.

(05-19-2009, 03:11 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=2912.msg84186#msg84186 date=1242763751]
[quote author=Dave link=topic=2912.msg84172#msg84172 date=1242760764]
[quote author=fyre link=topic=2912.msg84171#msg84171 date=1242760676]

[/quote]

[/quote]

its griefing if your trying to play the actual aim of the game (intel cap point pushmap) and everyone but you is trying to whore unlocks or get kills with the two useless objective classes.
[/quote]

Ok I agree that achievement whoring is kind of like griefing. But I think that it's pretty much unavoidable the first few days after an update anyway. All class limits are going to do is drive everyone off our servers and into the achievement farms. I dunno, whatever. I'm fine with 3 of each, but 2 of each just seems a bit too restrictive. Whatever though. If it's only temporary it's not a big deal.

Also, I could make an argument that if everyone but you is whoring and you are the only one trying to win the game that you are in the minority and you can thus be seen as griefing. Wink I'm not gonna make that argument though.

whatever fyre

(05-19-2009, 03:19 PM)fyre link Wrote: All class limits are going to do is drive everyone off our servers and into the achievement farms.

That's not necessarily true, farm servers get it for you quickly, then you go back to the normal population and play with your toys. A good number of players actually gravitate toward servers with limits because it gets them out of exactly what Dave is describing.