Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Left 4 Dead 2 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Left4Dead (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 (/showthread.php?tid=2936)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Spore - 10-12-2009

(10-12-2009, 06:43 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: what scout?

The guy on the right. Don't you know any of the characters? Left to right: chick from RE5, Gob from Arrested Development, Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and the Scout.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - zaneyard - 10-12-2009

ahhh

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Mr. Face - 10-12-2009

(10-12-2009, 06:47 PM)Spore link Wrote: Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Uncle Phil visits the Lost Woods...

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Badgerman of DOOM - 10-12-2009

By the by, my predictions for the new Left 4 Head series that's almost certain to come out-
Spitter is gonna give one of the male characters (probably Coach) a blowjob and then spit, not swallow.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Squishy3 - 10-12-2009

(10-12-2009, 10:04 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: By the by, my predictions for the new Left 4 Head series that's almost certain to come out-
Spitter is gonna give one of the male characters (probably Coach) a blowjob and then spit, not swallow.
... onto his penis

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - KarthXLR - 10-12-2009

(10-12-2009, 11:10 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=Coordinator Ruby link=topic=3000.msg117744#msg117744 date=1255403055]
By the by, my predictions for the new Left 4 Head series that's almost certain to come out-
[Image: captain_obvious5.jpg]
[/quote]

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - SAVAGE-0 - 10-15-2009

read this and figured it was worth a share...

if you didn't know the "l4d2 boycotters" posted the following: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott/announcements/detail/91356134662203323

here's a little response from G4----

It has been a trying few months for a series of brave and levelheaded gamers who took it upon themselves to shun a highly anticipated title from one of the most revered developers in the industry, based on an in no way absurd sense of entitlement with regards to Left 4 Dead support. But as of October 21st, boycotters of Valve’s Left 4 Dead 2 will stop fighting the good fight, GamePolitics reports.

Given how reasonable the group’s arguments were for boycotting L4D2, it’s hardly surprising that in the disbandment announcement letter posted over at Steam, two of the group’s leaders (Agent of Chaos and Walking_Target) address their fellow boycotters with a tone that suggests some serious delusions of grandeur in terms of their effectiveness and relevance concerning Valve’s commitment to future L4D support. As Agent of Chaos explains:

“We have accomplished everything we can on our manifesto. We’ve been dealing with Valve ever since our group started, then we met them in-person and now we’re at the point of concluding our discussions. Our goal wasn’t to steer people away from L4D2, it was to get Valve’s attention and have them support original L4D. We succeeded and that’s where our mission ends; nothing more or less.”

There are several things worth noting about these statements. First off, take a look at the boycotters’ original demands:

* That Valve honor its commitment to release ongoing periodic content for Left 4 Dead.
* That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners.
* That Left 4 Dead owners be given discounts for Left 4 Dead 2, should it be released as premium content.

As you can see, the only one of these that will end up happening is the first one, and that was something Valve was planning to do all along; it hadn’t provided any details on the recently released Crash Course (or future DLC for that matter), because it wasn’t ready to discuss it. So for the boycotters to suggest that they had anything to do with Valve “deciding” to continue supporting L4D is utter nonsense, and claiming victory for it is even more so.

What’s interesting about the other two requests is that if you go to the group’s original manifesto announcement, those requests are no longer listed. The page says it was “updated 10.10.09 for relevance,” which I guess is code for, “Now that Valve has released a fresh batch of L4D DLC as well as info about its plans for future content (which it has been planning all along), and considering the company was gracious enough to invite us for a studio tour despite our insulting criticisms of Valve’s design approach for L4D2, let's make it seem like we ‘won’ even though we clearly didn’t.”

The other funny part about the aforementioned quote is that the original manifesto clearly states, “Therefore, we - the members of this Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott - promise to abstain from the purchase of Left 4 Dead 2 until our requests are addressed.” Yet now, the group claims, “Our goal wasn’t to steer people away from L4D2, it was to get Valve’s attention and have them support original L4D.” Backtracking and delusion don’t really get any more hilarious than that…Oh, except they do, thanks to the following comments from Walking_Target:

“As a collective we have done more than achieve a few goals, we have paved the way for Developer-Community relations in the future. No matter what the press or other gamers say, we have made an indelible mark upon the future of this industry. You should all be proud, we certainly are.”

I could spend the next few minutes pointing out just how bat-s#*& crazy these statements are, but I think they pretty much speak for themselves. I mean…wow.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - SAVAGE-0 - 10-15-2009

also... an update on official news:

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 DEMO DETAILS REVEALED

Pre-Order Now and Be the First To Play

Oct 15, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced details and timing for the demo of its upcoming zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead 2.

The Left 4 Dead 2 demo will feature gameplay taken from "The Parish" campaign, set in the New Orleans French Quarter. Playable by 1 to 4 players over local or Internet connections on both the Xbox 360 and PC (with two-player split screen available on the Xbox 360), the demo features all the new boss infected zombies and all the new melee weapons included in the full product.

Those who pre-order the game (at participating retailers or via Steam) will obtain early access to the demo on October 27. The demo will then be made available to Xbox LIVE Gold members and all PC gamers on November 3. Then all Xbox LIVE members will obtain access to the demo on November 10.

Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009's marquee titles. Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaws, frying pans, axes, baseball bats, and more.

With the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Adding new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original, featuring more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, new Survival maps, and the new competitive game mode, Scavenge, all available at launch.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - CaffeinePowered - 10-15-2009

(10-15-2009, 02:11 PM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: * That Valve honor its commitment to release ongoing periodic content for Left 4 Dead.
* That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners.
* That Left 4 Dead owners be given discounts for Left 4 Dead 2, should it be released as premium content.

As much as people say "lol internet boycot" or "lol internet petition"

I think they have some very valid points, they have continued to release content, for free, so kudos to valve for  at least doing that, even if its not on the same level as TF2.

The last two could be combined into one point in that both games based on their overall length and _how_ they are set up feel like half-complete games. I don't see why they couldn't combined the games into one, at least on the point of not wanting to have to launch separate exe files on my PC, there's no reason you couldn't recompile the L4D maps into L4D2, so that L4D2 would amount to a massive content expansion for along the lines of $20 - $30, I think that would be very reasonable.

I have a nagging feeling L4D2 is basically going to be exactly the same ride as 1 was, it lasts a few months, then it gets boring playing the same small batch of maps over and over again. Unless they have done something to address custom content, it will follow the same path.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Spore - 10-15-2009

(10-15-2009, 02:26 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I have a nagging feeling L4D2 is basically going to be exactly the same ride as 1 was, it lasts a few months, then it gets boring playing the same small batch of maps over and over again. Unless they have done something to address custom content, it will follow the same path.

This time the official level editor probably won't take half a year to come out.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - beep beep diglett - 10-15-2009

(10-15-2009, 03:46 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3000.msg118076#msg118076 date=1255634771]
I have a nagging feeling L4D2 is basically going to be exactly the same ride as 1 was, it lasts a few months, then it gets boring playing the same small batch of maps over and over again. Unless they have done something to address custom content, it will follow the same path.

This time the official level editor probably won't take half a year to come out.
[/quote]

in game downloading delayed until 2012

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Wedge - 10-18-2009

(10-12-2009, 06:43 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: what scout?

The guy on the far right...

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - zaneyard - 10-18-2009

(10-18-2009, 10:30 AM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3000.msg117698#msg117698 date=1255391009]
what scout?

The guy on the far right...
[/quote]

(10-12-2009, 06:47 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3000.msg117698#msg117698 date=1255391009]
what scout?

The guy on the right. Don't you know any of the characters? Left to right: chick from RE5, Gob from Arrested Development, Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and the Scout.
[/quote]

(10-12-2009, 08:48 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: ahhh

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - backfire - 10-22-2009

CG Trailer Leaked

Left 4 Dead 2 Zombie Survival Guide trailer

"Kill all sons of bitches. That's my official instructions."

HD Link

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Trace - 10-22-2009

(10-22-2009, 02:59 PM)backfire link Wrote: CG Trailer Leaked

HD Link

Almost makes me wanna get the game.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - zaneyard - 10-22-2009

when is the demo supposed to be coming out? anyone know?

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - backfire - 10-22-2009

(10-22-2009, 03:47 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: when is the demo supposed to be coming out? anyone know?
October 27th for pre-orders, think it's the 5th next month for everyone else.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Maxon - 10-22-2009

(10-22-2009, 03:39 PM)Trace link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3000.msg119028#msg119028 date=1256241555]
CG Trailer Leaked

HD Link

Almost makes me wanna get the game.
[/quote]

I feel the same way.  That video is so awesome, but unless they really come through on the AI director and adding more substance to the game, I can't see myself sticking to the game more than a month or two like the first one.  I think I'll wait for release and see what people have to say about it.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Mr. Face - 10-22-2009

(10-22-2009, 02:59 PM)backfire link Wrote: CG Trailer Leaked

HD Link
Coach is so cool
"Hey, the helicopter... Maybe it's made of chocalate."

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Spore - 10-22-2009

(10-22-2009, 04:53 PM)Mr. Face link Wrote: "Hey, the helicopter... Maybe it's made of chocolate."

[Image: Doc_Louis_PO_1copy_1247593524_640w.jpg]

What's your favorite kind of flower son?

Edit: That trailer is also incredible.