Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Left 4 Dead 2 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Left4Dead (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 (/showthread.php?tid=2936)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - cbre88x - 12-25-2009

DLing now..psyched to play it.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Maxon - 12-25-2009

(12-24-2009, 09:40 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: I now own this game as well.

Also:
All I Want For Christmas (is to kick your ass)

Badass Christmas song lol I seriously want an album from these guys XD

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - CaffeinePowered - 12-27-2009

http://midnight-riders.com/

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Turtle - 12-27-2009

They are on tour...

Neonie you have to go to this.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Surf314 - 12-28-2009

You know this game really is a lot of fun. It still feels light on content though.....

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Coppanuva - 12-28-2009

(12-27-2009, 11:56 AM)Turtle link Wrote: They are on tour...

Neonie you have to go to this.
I live kinda near Fort Worth too Turtle... but look at the dates, unless it means next year, it happened before the game was released, meaning it's all a joke.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - KarthXLR - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 09:43 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: You know this game really is a lot of fun. It still feels light on content though.....
Sadly, same. Plus, I can never get a friggin' group together to play the thing. They're always offline or busy or some crap like that. :/

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Tricks - 12-30-2009

A friend of mine from my WoW days needed a fourth for clan play last night. Why he assumed that WoW skills would somehow translate into Zombie-killing skills I have no idea.

Organized play is totally different. The focus is changed, how you utilize the infected is completely different, and the rage levels are unbelievable. Things I observed:

Survivors: Run. Every map, every time, just sprint the whole way. If you don’t know the map like the back of your hand just leave the match. Use items immediately. Find a pipe? Just throw it at the nearest group of infected and keep moving. Smoker misses? Keep running, let him catch up, don’t track him down and kill him. For scavenge, work in teams. Cover each other, call out locations. If a charger misses you, and you don’t get the kill, you better be screaming “Charger missing” into your mic so the other group doesn’t get combo-pulled by a charger/jockey charger/hunter. Don’t stop moving.

Infected: Instead of thinking “this doorway is a choke point, we should wait on the other side” look for ledges. Using a jockey to pull a survivor over the edge, smoke pull, or charger is going to incap instantly. We pulled a full team incap off in about sixty seconds on Dead Center. The smoker can spawn on the ledge beneath the first ledge the survivors run out on. They broke out into teams of two, and the first team I smoke pulled one with the other was charged off. Double incap, other group came over for the rescue, double incap, rage.

I can’t say I did very much, and I was certainly the weakest link. I’ve had the game for less than a week. I’m clearly still pretty terrible, but it was fun to see what the more competitive side of the game is like.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Turtle - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 09:50 AM)Tricks link Wrote: A friend of mine from my WoW days needed a fourth for clan play last night. Why he assumed that WoW skills would somehow translate into Zombie-killing skills I have no idea.

Organized play is totally different. The focus is changed, how you utilize the infected is completely different, and the rage levels are unbelievable. Things I observed:

Survivors: Run. Every map, every time, just sprint the whole way. If you don’t know the map like the back of your hand just leave the match. Use items immediately. Find a pipe? Just throw it at the nearest group of infected and keep moving. Smoker misses? Keep running, let him catch up, don’t track him down and kill him. For scavenge, work in teams. Cover each other, call out locations. If a charger misses you, and you don’t get the kill, you better be screaming “Charger missing” into your mic so the other group doesn’t get combo-pulled by a charger/jockey charger/hunter. Don’t stop moving.

Infected: Instead of thinking “this doorway is a choke point, we should wait on the other side” look for ledges. Using a jockey to pull a survivor over the edge, smoke pull, or charger is going to incap instantly. We pulled a full team incap off in about sixty seconds on Dead Center. The smoker can spawn on the ledge beneath the first ledge the survivors run out on. They broke out into teams of two, and the first team I smoke pulled one with the other was charged off. Double incap, other group came over for the rescue, double incap, rage.

I can’t say I did very much, and I was certainly the weakest link. I’ve had the game for less than a week. I’m clearly still pretty terrible, but it was fun to see what the more competitive side of the game is like.
this strategy almost never works unless you have a very coordinated team, if you ever try this in a pub match you'll die almost on the first map. It always seems like the best way to go but it's better to finish with pretty low health and no kits together than dying off 1 by 1 because some people can't keep up

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Tricks - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 12:18 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3000.msg129698#msg129698 date=1262184636]
A friend of mine from my WoW days needed a fourth for clan play last night. Why he assumed that WoW skills would somehow translate into Zombie-killing skills I have no idea.

this strategy almost never works unless you have a very coordinated team, if you ever try this in a pub match you'll die almost on the first map. It always seems like the best way to go but it's better to finish with pretty low health and no kits together than dying off 1 by 1 because some people can't keep up
[/quote]

I’m in total agreement with you, but the whole underlying premise to what I said was that we were a very coordinated team. I was just attempting to highlight the difference between scrim play and pubstomping, not really offer tips to newer players.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Turtle - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 12:23 PM)Tricks link Wrote: [quote author=Turtle link=topic=3000.msg129710#msg129710 date=1262193513]
[quote author=Tricks link=topic=3000.msg129698#msg129698 date=1262184636]

[/quote]

I’m in total agreement with you, but the whole underlying premise to what I said was that we were a very coordinated team. I was just attempting to highlight the difference between scrim play and pubstomping, not really offer tips to newer players.
[/quote]
Ok. In a pub match if they take way to long just start rushing, sometimes they will follow you, other times they will watch you run away, and every so often theyll start shooting you ;-;

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Turtle - 12-31-2009

This guy plays the voice of Nick
[Image: HughDillonART456.jpg]
lol

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Ungodly - 01-04-2010

Not sure if this has been posted before, and wasn't really sure where to post it, SO HERE, TAKE THIS!

[Image: Hunter.jpg?t=1262620426]

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - KarthXLR - 01-04-2010

Valve nerfed a few of the old classes in versus. Sad

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Spore - 01-04-2010

(01-04-2010, 04:49 PM)Karthkarthkarth link Wrote: Valve nerfed a few of the old classes in versus. Sad

I'm pretty sure Boomer makes your vision much worse than in L4D1 as a trade off to how much harder he is to use in L4D2's open levels. Hunter and smoker feel the same. If anything, I'd say they just made the survivors better. Shiny better weapons, melee stuffs, adrenaline, defibrillators...

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - KarthXLR - 01-04-2010

(01-04-2010, 07:50 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Karthkarthkarth link=topic=3000.msg130620#msg130620 date=1262641749]

I'm pretty sure Boomer makes your vision much worse than in L4D1 as a trade off to how much harder he is to use in L4D2's open levels. Hunter and smoker feel the same. If anything, I'd say they just made the survivors better. Shiny better weapons, melee stuffs, adrenaline, defibrillators...
[/quote]
I feel like smoker got a range nerf.

also
CHARGER BUFF PLOX

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Spore - 01-04-2010

(01-04-2010, 11:00 PM)Karthkarthkarth link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=3000.msg130644#msg130644 date=1262652631]
[quote author=Karthkarthkarth link=topic=3000.msg130620#msg130620 date=1262641749]

[/quote]
I feel like smoker got a range nerf.

also
CHARGER BUFF PLOX
[/quote]

That video shows an incredibly effective Charger, you ignoramus.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - CaffeinePowered - 01-05-2010

Learn2Charger

Left 4 Dead Bad Team Theatre Episode 41

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - BoBoTheBum - 01-10-2010

So I just played left 4 dead 2 yesterday and I gotta say I deeply wish my rig could run it

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 - Turtle - 01-10-2010

<3 Negate

We finished the entire Dark Carnival campaign in like 25 minutes