Be Right Back, Uninstalling
A few changes to zombie monday madness - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Left4Dead (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: A few changes to zombie monday madness (/showthread.php?tid=2988)

A few changes to zombie monday madness - Negate - 06-08-2009

Today we had the most turnout for zombie monday madness then we have ever had before. We had a full server and yet the people still wanted more. Based on my conversations with some of you I have decided that there will be more then 1 slot for playing l4d. I will keep the original time 8 cst and I will also be allowing people to go an hour earlier at 7 cst. Hopefully if interest keeps up like it did tonight then no one should be left out in the cold. If you have a group of people who want to play at a specific time feel free to post that in that weeks thread if you have a team or even just a pair and you want to play at a specific time, let us know and you will get a guaranteed slot. This will reward the forumgoers who actually read the threads without unduly punishing those who come in at the last minute. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions etc feel free to post them here I'd love to here them.
The L4D team.
EDIT: For those who didn't get to play tonight I am sorry and I hope that these changes will help each and every one of you to keep playing l4d with us.

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - SAVAGE-0 - 06-09-2009

Can I add a suggestion:

Anyone that wants to play get in the BRB:L4D Chat room.  Not all of us are on friends, so even if we want to play while the server is busy, at least we can group up in the chat.

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - zaneyard - 06-09-2009

(06-09-2009, 08:01 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: Can I add a suggestion:

Anyone that wants to play get in the BRB:L4D Chat room.  Not all of us are on friends, so even if we want to play while the server is busy, at least we can group up in the chat.
thats what the brb:4d group is for, spam invites to those in the group.

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - SAVAGE-0 - 06-09-2009

thats the exact opposite of how I wanted to come across... I'm in the group so I can see other people playing already, not so I have a list to spam... if we already have a time set, theres no reason not to just use the tools we're given by having a steam group.

I don't mind getting invites from people, but I know some people really dont like it.  Furthermore I dont really know people well enough to know which is which... so as a respectful (maybe overly so) person, I don't ever "spam" for any reason.

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - CaffeinePowered - 06-09-2009

Chat or invites works, I think the easiest would be to set an event, if you don't get in time, then you can go to the chat to figure something out, whether that be wait for a slot to open or for the first group to cycle out...

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - cbre88x - 06-09-2009

I like to get invites frequently. Sometimes I have no clue what I'm in the mood to play so if someone spams me an invite before gaming sessions there's a greater chance I'd go play because I know there's gonna be a group going.

Re: A few changes to zombie monday madness - KorJax - 06-11-2009

(06-09-2009, 02:27 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: I like to get invites frequently. Sometimes I have no clue what I'm in the mood to play so if someone spams me an invite before gaming sessions there's a greater chance I'd go play because I know there's gonna be a group going.

Ditto Smile

Well most of the time I just have steam open for the hell of it but if I'm not actually doing anything feel free to drop me an invite and I'll be all "Oh sure!"