Be Right Back, Uninstalling
BF: Bad company 2? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: BF: Bad company 2? (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Geoff - 03-05-2010

god dammit i want this game.  also james thats bullshit when do you not have money

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Tricks - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 03:38 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: Killed a tank with my impact wrench.

win

can't you get a headshot with that too?

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Eightball - 03-05-2010

So far my impression of this game is actually not very good. I tried some single player and multiplayer and here's the pros and cons of what I found for each (and I know my view will be seen as biased since I play MW2, so I'll compare it to past Battlefield games):

Single Player:
+ Game is pretty, landscapes and terrain are well-detailed.
+ Everything seems to be destructible, nice.

• Movement is slow, but may be a design choice.
• Knifing and many other actions are very slow, again could be a design choice.
- Voice acting is laughable.
- Plot is incomprehensible at times. (Who was that guy who just got shot? Why are we on this map now?)
- Computer AI is useless to the point that my squad literally ran around in circles in the open as a tank fired at them.
- Models and terrain are made in such a way that when you try to shoot next to them your bullets ricochet seemingly off of the air.
- Multiple instances of enemies spawning directly in front of you, not a problem for multiplayer.
- Recoil when aiming down sights seems even worse than when you hipfire. Maybe it's just me.
- No pronation, which wouldn't really be a con if it weren't for the fact that BF2 and 2142 both had it.

Multiplayer:
+ Kills are satisfying
+ Advancement system seems great, but read below.
+ Squad & teamwork elements are great.

• Damage seems rather unreliable. Some (full hp) enemies dropped with a few pistol shots whereas others could stand on grenades and laugh. I'm sure that this is just me, though.
- Soldier naming conventions are as draconic as always, this is minor.
- The dedicated servers that DICE extolled all seem to be very, very laggy. Everyone on the servers I played on had >150 ping.
- After a few hours of play, exactly zero of my earned experience or points were credited to my soldier. (no medkit for me! Wait, why should I even have to unlock medkits?! Defibrillators sure, maybe, but medkits?...)
- No reliable indicators of your health--the on-screen blood or whatever doesn't seem to differentiate very much between minor wounds and being on the verge of death. (perhaps this will come with more practice)
- It uses Punkbuster.

I'm sure I'll come to like it more when I get to play with some brb.u folks but right now I'm sort of distraught over the fact that I shelled out $50 for it.
EDIT: Woohoo, now I can't connect to EA online. I guess it overheard me talking poorly of it.
EDIT2: Yeah, now when I try to log on I get one of the three results:
"Failed to connect to EA Online. Please try again"
"You have been disconnected due to multiple logins. Please try again"
(tries to connect for 5 minutes until I get fed up and kill it)
EDIT3: According to Trace the servers are just down. I'll forestall my final judgment until then.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Vandamguy - 03-05-2010

this seems to be the new darling game of the month.
worth getting ? maybe.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Surf314 - 03-05-2010

I thought the single player was pretty meh. I have been having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. Most of the issues eightball said were true but AFAIK are being fixed. Also our server has great latency (except for squishy).

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - zaneyard - 03-05-2010

honestly i think it's fun as shit but EA needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix their horrible fucking netcode before they release a game

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Surf314 - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 04:19 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: honestly i think it's fun as shit but EA needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix their horrible fucking netcode before they release a game

It does feel a bit like we are in Beta 2. It's still a lot of fun and unlocks take time so if you want it you should get it and play with us. But if you are on the fence wait for the patches, otherwise you will get disappointed.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Maxon - 03-05-2010

I'd have to agree about singleplayer.  While I still think the characters are great and it started off well, I was constantly leaving my AI team mates in the dust and don't target people very well and leave me to do most of the work.  Also the ending while seeming epic, felt way to hurried, like they ran out of a time and just sorta had to finish it really quick.

And the multiplayer connection stuff is being worked on I believe.  I usually see higher ping, but rarely does it factor into the experience.  Also health indiciator works just fine.  If your just barely hit, it's only a couple splatters.  If your on the verge of death, your vision gets abit blurry, sound becomes muffled and there's more blood. I think it works fine to me.

As for the grenades, I thought they are fine.  They'll kill almost always when on top of people, but they do give people a chance to run, which may make it seem like they aren't dying from them.  Pistols I do agree are pretty tough, but they have very little ammo and are easy to use up.  Plus someone who is on the ball with his SMG or AR will usually win in a fight against someone using the pistol since it takes 4 or 5 shots to down someone with the 1911.

I can understand the connection issue stuff, but it doesn't happen often.  I've only been booted twice from a game and had a few connection issues.  I know others have had enormous problems, but they are working on them right now.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Vandamguy - 03-05-2010

purchoiced.
prepare for fiery rage in your ears.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - beep beep diglett - 03-05-2010

spent 20 minutes trying to login, fucking retarded

40 minute still cant login, fucking stupid bullshit

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Maxon - 03-05-2010

Apparently they are doing an uber long maintenance on everything to fix the bugs and connections and the servers won't be up till the AM in the US.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/933742-game-will-back-8-am.html

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - zaneyard - 03-05-2010

Quote:If the game works when I wake up tomorrow, I think I can bottle the rage. If it doesn't, I will eat my cat.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-05-2010

Quote:and it's all collapsed like a flan in a cupboard.

lol

[troll]IWNET IS SUPERIOR[/troll]

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - KarthXLR - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 09:44 AM)Yahhh Trick yahhhhhhh link Wrote: We had 28 people on the server at 1 in the morning. Yesterday was my first time playing.

1. Maxon and Mission are good.
2. I picked up 8,300 points playing with paddles, pistol, and combat knife.
3. Duck and Zane are really good at squad-based combat.
4. I want to start a fund to get Versus Karth, Eightball, and Scar this game.

Smile

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Squishy3 - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 04:19 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I thought the single player was pretty meh. I have been having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. Most of the issues eightball said were true but AFAIK are being fixed. Also our server has great latency (except for squishy).
it's weird because it was fine on wednesday, but for whatever reason it's fucked now.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Turtle - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 09:44 AM)Yahhh Trick yahhhhhhh link Wrote: We had 28 people on the server at 1 in the morning. Yesterday was my first time playing.

1. Maxon and Mission are good.
2. I picked up 8,300 points playing with paddles, pistol, and combat knife.
3. Duck and Zane are really good at squad-based combat.
4. I want to start a fund to get Versus Karth, Eightball, and Scar this game.
(03-05-2010, 03:38 PM)jeff link Wrote: god dammit i want this game.
Jeff you're #1 on my list :-*

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Goffin - 03-05-2010

I like the game.

that is all.

also,

[Image: get_to_da_choppa_card-p137632200394293483q0yk_400.jpg]

Johnny,  You made me pick up borderlands.  now,  it's your turn!

but please,  get to da choppa

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - KarthXLR - 03-05-2010

Went to play'n'trade in hope of my crappy games racking up enough money to afford this game. Long story short, I don't have nearly enough money.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Squishy3 - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 07:02 PM)Karth del Top Hat link Wrote: Went to play'n'trade in hope of my crappy games racking up enough money to afford this game. Long story short, I don't have nearly enough money.
if you want to trade stuff gamestop is running the 50% extra trade-in bonus

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - beep beep diglett - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 07:25 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Karth del Top Hat link=topic=3946.msg139909#msg139909 date=1267833758]
Went to play'n'trade in hope of my crappy games racking up enough money to afford this game. Long story short, I don't have nearly enough money.
if you want to trade stuff gamestop is running the 50% extra trade-in bonus
[/quote]

so instead of getting 5 dollars you get 7.50