Be Right Back, Uninstalling
BF: Bad company 2? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: BF: Bad company 2? (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Eschatos - 03-21-2010

Useful weapon info

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Kirby - 03-21-2010

(03-21-2010, 11:38 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Useful weapon info

According to that chart, the GOL and M24 Sniper riles have a 3.25 dmg multiplier for a domeshot, whereas the .50 BMG chambered M95 only has a 2.0 dmg multiplier.

Now I don't know about you, but that seems weird.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-22-2010

(03-21-2010, 11:38 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Useful weapon info

HMG_bullet. Used by stationary and vehicle mounted machineguns. That AND the M95 sniper rifle. It drops as much or slightly less than Sniper_bullet.
The feature of HMG_Bullet is that it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.

Smile

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Kirby - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 10:41 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=3946.msg142454#msg142454 date=1269189492]
Useful weapon info

HMG_bullet. Used by stationary and vehicle mounted machineguns. That AND the M95 sniper rifle. It drops as much or slightly less than Sniper_bullet.
The feature of HMG_Bullet is that it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.

Smile
[/quote]

I've been using the M95 as soon as I hear a chopper since I got it, I figured out it hurts flying stuff and cars when I was trying to pick off a pilot in a HIND who kept hovering over me to keep his (no so?) stupid head out of my scope, and my shots against it's belly were still giving me the "you inflicted damage, here's a little flashy white X" thing.

Now I just keep dropping clip after clip into choppers with it, it seems to do a great job at either A) Keeping them from hovering too still and thus directly nerfing the gunner(s) (works 'specially well vs transports) or B) Plain scaring them off because they can't find what keeps pegging them, even the smallish amount of damage the M95 does vs a chopper adds up fast, 'specially when weighed against the possibility of an RPG shot now blowing your shit up in midair, as opposed to it falling out of the sky and giving you a change to bail.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-22-2010

yeah, it fucking rapes.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Kirby - 03-22-2010

Here's how awesome DICE is:

Every single independent mortar round out of the 8 that are deployed when recon calls for remote pwn, is counted as a single deployment of a mortar strike.

So according to DICE, I have deployed 2080 mortar strikes.

:Smile

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Maxon - 03-25-2010

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1546-Battlefield-Bad-Company-2

In short, we all know he is gonna hate it.  He hates pretty much all shooters, so another basic military shooter won't get something beyond a proper thrashing lol Only thing I really would agree with was that god damn mortar scene.  It's intense, but when I had to do it a half dozen times cause there weren't any safe areas, and my team mates were of zero help, it just ended up being me getting lucky.  Man that part sucked.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - CaffeinePowered - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 12:58 AM)Maxon link Wrote: He hates pretty much all shooters, so another basic military shooter won't get something beyond a proper thrashing lol

I think most of his complaints center around having friendly AIs that are either too pants on head retarded to do anything or enemies with ridiculous accuracy. The shooters that he does like (ie. Half Life) don't have much of either.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - beep beep diglett - 03-25-2010

my issues with the game stem from multiplayer, which is riddled with issues, mainly how higher leveled players will curbstomp your ass with their stuff. It's impossible to actually snipe without a better scope and magnum ammo, so im running around using the m1911 and mortaring stuff. its also ridiculous how easy it is to play medic. i havent gotten the defib yet, and im averaging 1400-1600 points a game with a 2.0 kd ratio because of how easy it is to just play like a soldier, and occasionally drop a medkit in a high traffic area. i also hate that you cant accurately see your health, like, wtf, I DONT KNOW HOW DEAD I AM FROM THE BIG RED CIRCLE, GIVE ME HEALTH BARS PLEASE

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Surf314 - 03-25-2010

I do pretty well against the higher level players, the thing I've learned from this game is never go toe to toe with anyone. It's not that kind of game. Never fight someone you don't have a tactical advantage over. If you don't have the advantage run and hope they don't kill you shooting you in the back.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - zaneyard - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 12:31 PM)lil d link Wrote: my issues with the game stem from multiplayer, which is riddled with issues, mainly how higher leveled players will curbstomp your ass with their stuff. It's impossible to actually snipe without a better scope and magnum ammo, so im running around using the m1911 and mortaring stuff. its also ridiculous how easy it is to play medic. i havent gotten the defib yet, and im averaging 1400-1600 points a game with a 2.0 kd ratio because of how easy it is to just play like a soldier, and occasionally drop a medkit in a high traffic area. i also hate that you cant accurately see your health, like, wtf, I DONT KNOW HOW DEAD I AM FROM THE BIG RED CIRCLE, GIVE ME HEALTH BARS PLEASE
everything you just said is wrong

when the big red circle is close to obscuring your view, you're damn close to dieing
damn i wish i had a health bar IRL
also, the first sniper is the best sniper

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Mission Difficult - 03-25-2010

I don't see a problem with adding a health bar, or at least having a better indication of your health. After all, medics can see you're health, why can't you? Then remove whatever it is for hardcore mode. I'm pretty sure you regain health over time without a medipack as well.

And you should be fighting with your squad. Follow each other around. Of course that doesn't help when your entire squad is a bunch of loser snipers.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 12:44 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=lil d link=topic=3946.msg143237#msg143237 date=1269538309]
my issues with the game stem from multiplayer, which is riddled with issues, mainly how higher leveled players will curbstomp your ass with their stuff. It's impossible to actually snipe without a better scope and magnum ammo, so im running around using the m1911 and mortaring stuff. its also ridiculous how easy it is to play medic. i havent gotten the defib yet, and im averaging 1400-1600 points a game with a 2.0 kd ratio because of how easy it is to just play like a soldier, and occasionally drop a medkit in a high traffic area. i also hate that you cant accurately see your health, like, wtf, I DONT KNOW HOW DEAD I AM FROM THE BIG RED CIRCLE, GIVE ME HEALTH BARS PLEASE

when the big red circle is close to obscuring your view, you're damn close to dieing
[/quote]

everything you just said is wrong, GOL/M95 > M24

using the M1911 is a good choice, god that thing rapes

yeah you get ridiculous points as a medic, and it gets even better once you get marksman training and a good LMG (M60, MG36)

edit: you really don't need a better scope to snipe, i do better without the 12x scope

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - zaneyard - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 01:06 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3946.msg143243#msg143243 date=1269539063]
[quote author=lil d link=topic=3946.msg143237#msg143237 date=1269538309]

[/quote]

yeah you get ridiculous points as a medic, and it gets even better once you get marksman training and a good LMG (M60, MG36)

edit: you really don't need a better scope to snipe, i do better without the 12x scope
[/quote]
i meant to say the best bolt action rifle
i don't know about the semi auto ones, i haven't use them much

you regen a small amount of health without a healthpack, but never to full i believe.

I'm pretty sure you fully recover.  Not in hardcore mode though, in hardcore, you have to find health or you will never heal.  SO HARDCORE!

And yes, GOL or M95 are better than the M24.  And since it always takes two shots if not a headshot, I go with the GOL that has better accuracy, or the M95 cause it'll damage choppers.  The non-silent sniper, and the first silent sniper are alright, but the VSS is crap.  It's like a really bad SMG that has range.  Totally useless I think.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - beep beep diglett - 03-25-2010

you need magnum ammo and a better scope if you're playing with high level recons who can shoot you across the map, and yeah its kinda retarded how the 1st rifle is better than anything else ive gotten so far

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Tricks - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 03:21 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I'm pretty sure you fully recover.  Not in hardcore mode though, in hardcore, you have to find health or you will never heal.  SO HARDCORE!

And yes, GOL or M95 are better than the M24.  And since it always takes two shots if not a headshot, I go with the GOL that has better accuracy, or the M95 cause it'll damage choppers.  The non-silent sniper, and the first silent sniper are alright, but the VSS is crap.  It's like a really bad SMG that has range.  Totally useless I think.

damn that's hardcore

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Eschatos - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 03:21 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I'm pretty sure you fully recover.  Not in hardcore mode though, in hardcore, you have to find health or you will never heal.  SO HARDCORE!

Use VSS with a red dot sight and you get a super powerful SMG.

(03-25-2010, 03:52 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: Use VSS with a red dot sight and you get a super powerful SMG.

I've tried that, but using it like an SMG really throws off the accuracy of it, making it less accurate than an SMG to me.  I'd rather a red dot onto a UMP45 or AKS74u and use that instead of the VSS.  I tested out the close range aspect of the VSS in a game the other night where it's just four of us and I missed horribly.  It was bad.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-25-2010

(03-25-2010, 01:10 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=3946.msg143248#msg143248 date=1269540390]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3946.msg143243#msg143243 date=1269539063]
[quote author=lil d link=topic=3946.msg143237#msg143237 date=1269538309]

[/quote]

[/quote]
i meant to say the best bolt action rifle
i don't know about the semi auto ones, i haven't use them much

you regen a small amount of health without a healthpack, but never to full i believe.
[/quote]

um GOL and M95 are bolt action

also magnum ammo is nice, but i get marksman headshots with the regular scope.

also VSS is the worst gun in the game