Be Right Back, Uninstalling
BF: Bad company 2? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: BF: Bad company 2? (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Surf314 - 03-03-2010

Day 1 bugs aside, this game was way more fun than I expected. Sniping a helicopter pilot and watching it crash was massive lulz. A lot of play actually feels like small scale Planetside, and there are lots of opportunities for shenanigans. The squad thing I need to get used to though. From what I can tell if you click the put me in a squad button it will put you in with up to 3 other people and you can spawn next to them and talk to them with voice. There is no voice communication outside of that so vent is a must.

I'm looking for someone to get the first BC2 Wednesday going tonight assuming all works well with technical issues. I have work to do tonight so probably won't be able to show. I'd really like to get this started right and get us on favorites early so we can get a BC2 forum and a more permanent funding for our server.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Squishy3 - 03-03-2010

(03-03-2010, 08:53 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Day 1 bugs aside, this game was way more fun than I expected. Sniping a helicopter pilot and watching it crash was massive lulz. A lot of play actually feels like small scale Planetside, and there are lots of opportunities for shenanigans. The squad thing I need to get used to though. From what I can tell if you click the put me in a squad button it will put you in with up to 3 other people and you can spawn next to them and talk to them with voice. There is no voice communication outside of that so vent is a must.

I'm looking for someone to get the first BC2 Wednesday going tonight assuming all works well with technical issues. I have work to do tonight so probably won't be able to show. I'd really like to get this started right and get us on favorites early so we can get a BC2 forum and a more permanent funding for our server.
The thing about BC is it focuses on squads as the main point. If you had all the squads being in the same voice chat server it'd not work as well because you can't tell where the other squads are on your map offhand. That's why they give them all separate comms channels, so that while they may run into doing the same objective as another squad, you can still keep things in order in your squad. Practically they just want you to treat your squad as your team, and nothing else. That way you don't end up having to control large amounts of people and not everyone will listen to a strategy. A smaller squad is going to listen to a strategy better because there won't be as many people talking over each other.

(03-03-2010, 11:01 AM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3946.msg139288#msg139288 date=1267624388]
Day 1 bugs aside, this game was way more fun than I expected. Sniping a helicopter pilot and watching it crash was massive lulz. A lot of play actually feels like small scale Planetside, and there are lots of opportunities for shenanigans. The squad thing I need to get used to though. From what I can tell if you click the put me in a squad button it will put you in with up to 3 other people and you can spawn next to them and talk to them with voice. There is no voice communication outside of that so vent is a must.

The thing about BC is it focuses on squads as the main point. If you had all the squads being in the same voice chat server it'd not work as well because you can't tell where the other squads are on your map offhand. That's why they give them all separate comms channels, so that while they may run into doing the same objective as another squad, you can still keep things in order in your squad. Practically they just want you to treat your squad as your team, and nothing else. That way you don't end up having to control large amounts of people and not everyone will listen to a strategy. A smaller squad is going to listen to a strategy better because there won't be as many people talking over each other.
[/quote]

I agree with the setup it just lowers the community aspect I think. Well maybe not, squad selection is random. Just make sure to get to know the pubbies in your squad and try and get them to come here and give us input to make our server better.

I think we should use both though, vent for hanging out while playing and in game voice for actually playing.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Squishy3 - 03-03-2010

(03-03-2010, 11:07 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=3946.msg139302#msg139302 date=1267632103]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3946.msg139288#msg139288 date=1267624388]

[/quote]

I agree with the setup it just lowers the community aspect I think. Well maybe not, squad selection is random. Just make sure to get to know the pubbies in your squad and try and get them to come here and give us input to make our server better.

I think we should use both though, vent for hanging out while playing and in game voice for actually playing.
[/quote]Yeah, we can switch between since squad chat is on all the time and vent is push-to-talk

(03-03-2010, 11:16 AM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3946.msg139303#msg139303 date=1267632444]
[quote author=Squishy link=topic=3946.msg139302#msg139302 date=1267632103]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3946.msg139288#msg139288 date=1267624388]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, we can switch between since squad chat is on all the time and vent is push-to-talk
[/quote]

I thought you had to hold down Alt to do squad chat?

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - zaneyard - 03-03-2010

it's changeable.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Eschatos - 03-03-2010

I can't get any multiplayer to work. Fail.

(03-03-2010, 04:30 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I can't get any multiplayer to work. Fail.
and what's exactly wrong?

also, anyone wanna seed up the server in like 20 minutes?

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Greatbacon - 03-03-2010

(03-03-2010, 05:14 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: also, anyone wanna seed up the server in like 20 minutes?
soon as i get my shit working i'll be in

(03-03-2010, 05:12 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=3946.msg139348#msg139348 date=1267651837]
[/quote]

First off, the server browser takes forever to load.  But when I try to actually enter a game, I just get a little loading bar for a minute or so, and then a disconnect message or a kick message.  I also can't add the BRBU server to my favorites, I just get a loading bar for forever until I cancel it.  The only online thing that has worked for me is logging in and adding friends.

(03-03-2010, 05:37 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3946.msg139355#msg139355 date=1267654365]
[quote author=Eschatos link=topic=3946.msg139348#msg139348 date=1267651837]
[/quote]

First off, the server browser takes forever to load.  But when I try to actually enter a game, I just get a little loading bar for a minute or so, and then a disconnect message or a kick message.  I also can't add the BRBU server to my favorites, I just get a loading bar for forever until I cancel it.  The only online thing that has worked for me is logging in and adding friends.
[/quote]
my server browser takes forever to load as well
my disconnect problem got fixed when i put my IP on a DMZ, though i really shouldn't do that.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - copulatingduck - 03-03-2010

so are there some ports that are supposed to be forwarded or something?

(03-03-2010, 05:54 PM)Duck link Wrote: so are there some ports that are supposed to be forwarded or something?
official ones have been forwarded and that didn't fix things
people have been speculating other ports were in use idk check the battlefield forums

the official response in game is "we're working on it"

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - copulatingduck - 03-03-2010

well thats gay

i would say that they are cruising for a lackluster launch a la AVP, but really this has orders of magnitude more momentum than AVP, they can't really fuck it up.

yeah i haven't been up on things cause the DMZ fixed my game disconnection problems.

check the battlefield forums to see if a fix has been found

Well forums say to completely get rid of all beta files, and turn off firewall. I'm gonna try when I get home.

Also this.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Montoya - 03-03-2010

Does anyone really think the multiplayer is worth $50? I was mainly gonna buy this for singleplayer, and now I see that there are...other options. Options that prevent online play, but are considerably cheaper.

Re: BF: Bad company 2? - Versus - 03-03-2010

battlefield is pretty much a multiplayer game