Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers (/showthread.php?tid=3886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Kirby - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 01:43 AM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: i really think airblast should at least get a bit longer cooldown so not every fucking rocket someone fires is reflected
its getting more frustrating than annoying now

Wahhhh, I can't hold down M1 for fast firerate and be guaranteed a win. Wahhhhhhh.

[Image: wambulance5fw.jpg]

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - beep beep diglett - 06-12-2010

no kirby the cooldown reduction is p retarded, i just hold down m2 when im 2 feet away from a soldier or demo and reflect everything

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - KarthXLR - 06-12-2010

It is pretty easy to kill soldiers now, but if they know any better they'll get out their shotgun, then switch to rocker launcher, etc.

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Professor Funbucks - 06-12-2010

all i can see is "waaaah, now I have to weapon heckle like scouts now"

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Chief - 06-12-2010

at first i didnt mind because airblasts still killed people and still pissed soldier off
but now its literally "press right click and you get a kill" because it really doesnt matter where the rocket is

i should find a video of reflecting and just see how large that radius is actually

also, how am i crying
im like "its getting more frustrating now than annoying ugh"
you're like "wahwahwah you're crying ololol i kill u ohhohohoho"

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - KarthXLR - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 02:08 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: but now its literally "press right click and you get a kill" because it really doesnt matter where the rocket is
[Image: facepalm.jpg]

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Chief - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 02:10 PM)Karth del Top Hat link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=3962.msg157641#msg157641 date=1276369735]
but now its literally "press right click and you get a kill" because it really doesnt matter where the rocket is
[Image: facepalm.jpg]
[/quote]lets all post a facepalm now mmkay chief doesnt know what he is talking about he never plays soldier anyway

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - beep beep diglett - 06-12-2010

the reflect area is kinda huge its basically a 90 degree angle from where you're pointing because the airblast basically works like a mirror and rockets are light

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Odin - 06-12-2010

I dunno a lot of pyros still suck at it and so you can usually just aim at their feet.

tested airblast size with chief, he should have pics up soon. anyways, as long as you can see the projectile and its within about 5 feet, you can reflect it. im serious, you can just barely see something in your peripheral vision and reflect it

edit: since FOV is 95 it does have a 90 degree area cone but its more like a square cuz it doesnt get smaller farther in

its more like a square cuz i was reflecting rockets going BEHIND me

well i did like two pictures but i want it with an overhead view otherwise it will look like im bullshitting you guys

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Odin - 06-12-2010

I can maybe snap pics later today with you guys.

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - copulatingduck - 06-12-2010

just record a demo then make a video from it

(06-12-2010, 05:46 PM)Duck link Wrote: just record a demo then make a video from it
how do i shot web convert demo

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Eightball - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 05:53 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=3962.msg157683#msg157683 date=1276382799]
[/quote]
Get the Xvid (or better yet h264) codec and use the startmovie command.

Or you know, do some searches.

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - copulatingduck - 06-12-2010

i think wegame has a plugin that will do it, but make sure you record the demo first, and then use wegame plugin on demo playback. otherwise it will be laggy as fuck

Re: Pyro Thread - For Reflecting Silly Projectiles at Drunks and Unskilled Soldiers - Mission Difficult - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 05:53 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=3962.msg157683#msg157683 date=1276382799]
[/quote]
Try this out.

yeah wegame is p good and yes that is sound advice whenever you're recording directly from the game

edit: chief is gonna convert it i guess though but keep wegame in mind if ur gonna record a video

i had to do another recording with backfire and john, but im way too lazy to edit so here is two pictures and a .7z folder with two videos
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjyqmt25yz0

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6008/17926766.png
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4532/19843186.png

idk if you can see from those pics but the airblast area is huge, like i said if you can see it you can reflect it, dunno if its diff for rockets at dif angles tho