Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back (/showthread.php?tid=3920)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - CaffeinePowered - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:06 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3998.msg129670#msg129670 date=1262150925]
Eh, it's stupid, but it is fun to have something you are winning at:

http://www.brbuninstalling.com/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=actioninfo&action=chargedeployed&game=tf

If only I would use the uber when people said "NOW" instead of being stabbed or one shotted by a stray pipe or rocket...
[/quote]

Pro-Tip for medics, don't wait for your target to ask, assess the situation and uber when you feel the time is necessary, this goes double for the kritz. If Im healing a demo or soldier and I see 3 - 4 people round the corner, I pop it, I don't even ask.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Tricks - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:11 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Whendilin link=topic=3998.msg129716#msg129716 date=1262196376]
[quote author=Tricks link=topic=3998.msg129670#msg129670 date=1262150925]

http://www.brbuninstalling.com/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=actioninfo&action=chargedeployed&game=tf

If only I would use the uber when people said "NOW" instead of being stabbed or one shotted by a stray pipe or rocket...
[/quote]

Pro-Tip for medics, don't wait for your target to ask, assess the situation and uber when you feel the time is necessary, this goes double for the kritz. If Im healing a demo or soldier and I see 3 - 4 people round the corner, I pop it, I don't even ask.
[/quote]

+++++++++++

When they say "now" you are already 1-2 seconds late.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 12-30-2009

Liquid is wearing me down

I need to find something else to be good at

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - backfire - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:11 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Whendilin link=topic=3998.msg129716#msg129716 date=1262196376]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh for the love of god! THIS!

Don't know how many times I died because the medic, though clearly aware of the soldier, pyros, stickies and snipers infront of us, persisted me to march on through and rely on his dulled sense of danger to activate his charge.

I went and bound "activate charge" to q last night just encase I come across those situations again.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - zaneyard - 12-30-2009

does the kill assist action count kill assist - medic? or is it entirely seperate?

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - CaffeinePowered - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 06:20 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: does the kill assist action count kill assist - medic? or is it entirely seperate?

Medics have a separate kill assist that is worth 2 points as opposed to the normal 1

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Tricks - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 07:26 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3998.msg129766#msg129766 date=1262215201]
does the kill assist action count kill assist - medic? or is it entirely seperate?

Medics have a separate kill assist that is worth 2 points as opposed to the normal 1
[/quote]

http://www.brbuninstalling.com/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=actioninfo&action=kill_assist_medic&game=tf

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 12-30-2009

Played TF2 for 4 and a half hours straight today just to get ahead of liquid with DH

HLstats is going to kill me

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Squishy3 - 12-31-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:06 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3998.msg129670#msg129670 date=1262150925]

[/quote]So many times have I hit uber when people said "HIT IT", only to be hit by a crit from a direct hit as soon as I hit right mouse. It should have instant startup, not activate a second after you hit right mouse.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - SAVAGE-0 - 12-31-2009

(12-30-2009, 06:05 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3998.msg129718#msg129718 date=1262196684]
[quote author=Whendilin link=topic=3998.msg129716#msg129716 date=1262196376]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't know how many times I died because the medic, though clearly aware of the soldier, pyros, stickies and snipers infront of us, persisted me to march on through and rely on his dulled sense of danger to activate his charge.

I went and bound "activate charge" to q last night just encase I come across those situations again.

[/quote]

eh.. i do this more than I like, but I also think I have a very good eye for the correct timing, so I don't pop early... I think my properly timed game changing ubers make up for the times I leave my tank to die Smile

though it is nice to have someone say hit it... mostly because they actually know its coming - nothing worse than a properly timed uber followed by the guy going uhhhh.....wut? i have no ammo and where do I go? (obviously doesnt apply to the mojority of people who read this haha)

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Ungodly - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 01:54 AM)Squishmas link Wrote: So many times have I hit uber when people said "HIT IT", only to be hit by a crit from a direct hit as soon as I hit right mouse. It should have instant startup, not activate a second after you hit right mouse.

That right there. You spend all that time building an uber, get into position, hit the button, and out of no where, crit sticky/rocket/grenade and you're dead and your team mate is running face first into a sentry with no uber.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Tricks - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 10:35 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3998.msg129762#msg129762 date=1262214301]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3998.msg129718#msg129718 date=1262196684]
[quote author=Whendilin link=topic=3998.msg129716#msg129716 date=1262196376]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

eh.. i do this more than I like, but I also think I have a very good eye for the correct timing, so I don't pop early... I think my properly timed game changing ubers make up for the times I leave my tank to die Smile

though it is nice to have someone say hit it... mostly because they actually know its coming - nothing worse than a properly timed uber followed by the guy going uhhhh.....wut? i have no ammo and where do I go? (obviously doesnt apply to the mojority of people who read this haha)
[/quote]

I agree, you have decent uber timing, and you are certainly better than myself with the bonesaw/ubersaw.

Your last point is so true. There is an absolute famine of eligible kritz targets. Eyelander demoman? Direct Hit Solly? Even with our pyros, the chance of getting a crit reflect kill are fairly low.

I continue to have soldiers get upset with me for not Kritizing them when they have the direct hit. I have yet to see any solider with the direct hit get more than one kill while being krtized. It just doesn’t work, end of story.

I get that it is fun to play with new weapons, or to play a class that suddenly has gained relevance, but the majority of players are too busy trying to get kills to focus on actually winning maps.

I can think of two demoman who are truly scary with the Eyelander. Stickies and Pipes are still the highest DPS producing combination in the game. Nothing has changed when it comes to that respect. When you use the Targe, have you noticed how you are getting creamed by snipers? When Liquid, Gekko, and Cbre88x see you Targe in a straight line you might as well be standing still with a flashing arrow on your head. It is incredibly easy for a good sniper to farm you.

If you play solider all the time, look at the people who are best at that class on the server. Do you see them using them direct hit? I don’t. 

I’m not giving just baseless complaining; I am just tired of being part of teams that ragequit and fall apart because they are full of direct hit soldiers and Eyelander Demoman.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Luinbariel - 12-31-2009

Honestly, when it comes to Medic, you are not going to be able to please everyone.

I have over 130 hours clocked into this class now, as it is mostly the only thing I like to play. I occasionally will try something else for awhile but Medic remains my favourite. However, that said, it comes with a lot of grief.

Playing on a server where you know the people and they know you makes a huge difference, however. I have had several months of good times as a medic, but with an influx of members that I don't know as well or that are entirely new due to the holidays, I'm noticing some of the same issues. People getting mad when you don't uber them when they want, or how they want, or even who they want. People questioning every move you make even if you are sitting at the top of the team for the entire match more often than not (or at that very moment). But, when I have had a chance to get to know and play with someone for awhile, I usually no longer need to ask when, or how, or why.

There are always going to be times still when someone is unhappy with your medic abilities and I generally say fuck 'em. If they don't like it, they can do it. I give them a round or two with either no medic or no healing (depending on how pissed I am) and THEN continue on the way things were. Or, as I did the other day with whomever it was, simply tell them to fuck off, please don't tell me how to do my job, thankyouverymuch. Don't take shit. You wanted to play the class, you play it.

Now that stats are back it seems there is a lot more of a competitive air in game and in the forums. I don't particularly care for that aspect of it. It's great that people want to make themselves better... but honestly people were less cranky and bitched less about the style of their medic BEFORE stats.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Moosendoo - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 11:48 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: People getting mad when you don't uber them when they want, or how they want, or even who they want. People questioning every move you make even if you are sitting at the top of the team for the entire match more often than not (or at that very moment).
Honestly that's why I hardly ever play medic anymore.  It used to be my favorite class, since it's really the best way to contribute to the team, but I just got so sick of people complaining (for example, when I get hit by random crit bomb from behind and they still charge out as if they were ubered and then start yelling at me when they die).  I'll hit the uber under my own discretion or if you call for it; and just because I'm healing you doesn't mean I'm going to uber you!

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - CaffeinePowered - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 12:05 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: and just because I'm healing you doesn't mean I'm going to uber you!

So true...and I still love playing medic, any bitching I have is when we had no medics during the stupid update

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Luinbariel - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 12:05 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3998.msg129849#msg129849 date=1262278086]
People getting mad when you don't uber them when they want, or how they want, or even who they want. People questioning every move you make even if you are sitting at the top of the team for the entire match more often than not (or at that very moment).
Honestly that's why I hardly ever play medic anymore.  It used to be my favorite class, since it's really the best way to contribute to the team, but I just got so sick of people complaining (for example, when I get hit by random crit bomb from behind and they still charge out as if they were ubered and then start yelling at me when they die).  I'll hit the uber under my own discretion or if you call for it; and just because I'm healing you doesn't mean I'm going to uber you!
[/quote]

Exactly.

Or, sometimes if the situation calls for it I uber just to save my ass and to give me, and sometimes the person I'm healing, a chance to retreat. "Why did you uber me? Are you stupid?" No... I'm just saving your life AND mine. If I DON'T help them and just myself, "Why didn't you heal/save/help me? Are you stupid?" No... If I let myself die, we lose the uber. If I use it to live we still lose it, but at least it will shave about 20 seconds or more off of the time it takes to rebuild it that would be lost while I waited to respawn and run back to my team.

In the end I still love medic. I'm not going to let other people ruin it for me; it's fun, and I find it a challenge to keep everyone as buffed as possible at all times, to keep everyone as healed as possible and to still help be strategic in taking shit out/down. If someone has a problem with it, at this point I just tell them to go blow themselves (unless they have legitimate feedback). Why should you let someone else ruin it for you?

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Eightball - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 11:48 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Now that stats are back it seems there is a lot more of a competitive air in game and in the forums. I don't particularly care for that aspect of it. It's great that people want to make themselves better... but honestly people were less cranky and bitched less about the style of their medic BEFORE stats.
I'm just grateful that people still play medic. If you care a lot about your points or rank (sadly, I can't deny that I belong to that demographic a bit) you have less incentive to play medic since you can pretty much guarantee you'll gain less (or lose more) points than you would as a battle class.

I love the stats, but yeah it's made me a bit more conscious of how I play (and thus makes me rage a lot harder).

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 12-31-2009

I'm one of those people but i don't rage because all i need are kills, Even if i'm like 10 and 100 i still got 10 kills 8)

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Geoff - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 01:27 PM)Turtle link Wrote: I'm one of those people but i don't rage because all i need are kills, Even if i'm like 10 and 100 i still got 10 kills 8)

but deaths are minus points

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 01:41 PM)jeff link Wrote: [quote author=Turtle link=topic=3998.msg129887#msg129887 date=1262284055]
I'm one of those people but i don't rage because all i need are kills, Even if i'm like 10 and 100 i still got 10 kills 8)

but deaths are minus points
[/quote]
NOT IN DIRECT HIT KILLS