Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back (/showthread.php?tid=3920)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Tricks - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 01:22 PM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3998.msg129849#msg129849 date=1262278086]
Now that stats are back it seems there is a lot more of a competitive air in game and in the forums. I don't particularly care for that aspect of it. It's great that people want to make themselves better... but honestly people were less cranky and bitched less about the style of their medic BEFORE stats.
I'm just grateful that people still play medic. If you care a lot about your points or rank (sadly, I can't deny that I belong to that demographic a bit) you have less incentive to play medic since you can pretty much guarantee you'll gain less (or lose more) points than you would as a battle class.

I love the stats, but yeah it's made me a bit more conscious of how I play (and thus makes me rage a lot harder).
[/quote]

I think of this way. What is the best utility I can give to my team? If I can play an above-average demoman for example, or any of the three primary offensive classes (solider, demoman, and scout) my team is best served by playing as that class. Basically, if I could set up a team before we started, I would never have you go medic. While I am sure you could handle playing the class, you are more valuable to the team playing a class that can push and capture then a support class. I still think a medic is central to every good setup, but even if you are the best medic in the world like Creepin, a medic can only slightly amplify the skill of the best players on your team. A bad demo with a critz is still a bad demo.

I’m not knocking medics; I am just saying it is more difficult to be a decent push class then a decent medic. Overheal may make your job easier and give you enough advantage to win, but it isn’t so major an advantage that it could overcome say poor solly shotgun skills. Or if you can’t headshot a medic before they uber, why are you playing sniper?

Same thing with people playing eyelander demo. Unless you are fantastic, at best you are going to get a K/D of less than one and some lulz. What is the most you can offer your group in terms of utility?

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Benito Mussolini - 12-31-2009

I play Medic 1/9 of the time in pub games.

That said, with over 200 hours played as a Medic, and with enough experience in competitive matches, I can fairly say that most people in pub games are stupid.

That said, you have to command respect as a Medic. The Medic is the most important class out there, and most people don't know that they should do anything to help a Medic stay alive.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - zaneyard - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 02:24 PM)Benito link Wrote: I play Medic 1/9 of the time in pub games.

That said, with over 200 hours played as a Medic, and with enough experience in competitive matches, I can fairly say that most people in pub games are stupid.

That said, you have to command respect as a Medic. The Medic is the most important class out there, and most people don't know that they should do anything to help a Medic stay alive.
and that's why i'm a good medic
i spend the majority of my medic time being team commander

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Whendilin - 12-31-2009

I play medic because I like it and now I have more reason to because of the Hlstatsx. I will be king of medic!

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Luinbariel - 12-31-2009

I think a lot of people are forgetting that some folks still focus on games for the FUN aspect. When I'm not playing competitively, which is ALL THE TIME, I'm there to have fun. I'm not thinking too much about how to best serve my team, because I'm there to play with friends. I'm pretty sure this isn't necessarily true for most others, but that's how it works for me. I came into this kind of game late, tried other classes, and failed at them at first. As I got more experienced with gaming I got better at other classes but continued to enjoy medic... and thus I'm going to keep doing what I enjoy.

I play what class I feel like when I feel like it, basically. If people don't care for how I play medic, fine. I would love to have better stats, but I don't care that much about a number. I know that I blew chunks for the first few months at the game (again, was very new to this sort of PC gaming) and I suffer for it still. I know that Medic is terrabad for stats, but really.... Do I enjoy the class? Yes? Do I care about being the best? Not really. Problem solved.

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - beep beep diglett - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 04:11 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I think a lot of people are forgetting that some folks still focus on games for the FUN aspect. When I'm not playing competitively, which is ALL THE TIME, I'm there to have fun. I'm not thinking too much about how to best serve my team, because I'm there to play with friends. I'm pretty sure this isn't necessarily true for most others, but that's how it works for me. I came into this kind of game late, tried other classes, and failed at them at first. As I got more experienced with gaming I got better at other classes but continued to enjoy medic... and thus I'm going to keep doing what I enjoy.

I play what class I feel like when I feel like it, basically. If people don't care for how I play medic, fine. I would love to have better stats, but I don't care that much about a number. I know that I blew chunks for the first few months at the game (again, was very new to this sort of PC gaming) and I suffer for it still. I know that Medic is terrabad for stats, but really.... Do I enjoy the class? Yes? Do I care about being the best? Not really. Problem solved.

^^this

it's why im still using eyelander on demo

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 12-31-2009

darklink and tom know what i like in a medic

I got 4 dominations in a full server with tom as my medic and made half of blu team rage with darklink as my medic

Holy shit nice job canada

they are like 3 points off from being better than usa :o

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - CaffeinePowered - 12-31-2009

You do all know we can change point values on things rather easily  :Smile

Feel free to make suggestions

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - ZargonX - 12-31-2009

(12-31-2009, 06:23 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: You do all know we can change point values on things rather easily  :Smile

Feel free to make suggestions

Is there a way to find out the multiplier for being killed by someone lower rank than you?  It's a little odd to be playing with some pubs and have a 3:1 k:d ratio, but still be down -200 points...

charge kill = 500 points

do it

(12-31-2009, 07:01 PM)diggs link Wrote: charge kill = 500 points

do it
Diglett and War will have the top 2 spots before new year's.

(12-31-2009, 07:04 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=diggs link=topic=3998.msg129961#msg129961 date=1262304115]
charge kill = 500 points

do it
[/quote]

i mean killing with a shield charge, like for the achievement

(12-31-2009, 07:06 PM)diggs link Wrote: [quote author=Turtle link=topic=3998.msg129962#msg129962 date=1262304284]
[quote author=diggs link=topic=3998.msg129961#msg129961 date=1262304115]
charge kill = 500 points

do it
[/quote]

i mean killing with a shield charge, like for the achievement
[/quote]
oh, but  500 is a little much, should be like 100

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - KarthXLR - 12-31-2009

A charge kill should take away points. durp

(12-31-2009, 07:13 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: A charge kill should take away points. durp

sniper rifle headshot should ban you from server

(12-31-2009, 07:24 PM)diggs link Wrote: [quote author=Karthmas link=topic=3998.msg129965#msg129965 date=1262304807]
A charge kill should take away points. durp

sniper rifle headshot should ban you from server
[/quote]
a taunt kill you send a man to your house to shoot you

Moosendoo...

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Neonie - 01-01-2010

[Image: kobrbu23.png]

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Turtle - 01-01-2010

Feel free to make any changed you guys find :-*
[Image: kobrbu23.png]

Re: Attention Peasents - Your stats are back - Benito Mussolini - 01-01-2010

(12-31-2009, 06:21 PM)Turtle link Wrote: Holy shit nice job canada