Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Server Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: Server Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=4195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Server Suggestions - copulatingduck - 04-08-2010

(04-08-2010, 06:32 PM)airmax link Wrote: AI servers are cheaper than NFO and better imo, but still like 50-60 dollars.

they don't do BC2

a 24slot bc2 server is only like 48.50 month to month, 43.73 if you pay 3 months (131.19) at a time, not that ridiculous imo (with nfo I have never found the higher cpu priority to be worth it, they do a very good job of not overcrowding their boxes).

As it is, a 32slot server that crashes when it's full, oftentimes when it's not even full, has problems with hit registry, and often drops off the server masterlist is hardly worth paying for, and I wonder how much (if any) traffic it's driven to the site. Imo either experiment with what a more reliable server might do or drop BC2 entirely.

Also, nfo does give 2-day trials, if anyone wants to try snagging one to play with over a weekend sometime Wink

Re: Server Suggestions - Surf314 - 04-08-2010

I made an NFO account, people can donate to the server fund here:
https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?force_recipient=1&recipient=mattclane@gmail.com

If we can get together the cash then I say let's do it. I can't put in anything right now but if we can get a first month together I can probably get the second month later.

Edit: Msg me before you donate anything, this may be premature. Waiting to see what the response to caff's ticket is.

Re: Server Suggestions - Versus - 04-08-2010

sounds good

Re: Server Suggestions - Maxon - 04-08-2010

I'm for trying a new server.  Having the server dump an entire full game, the first I've seen in a week or two, and then not have anyone come back just isn't worth the cost of having one.  I'll donate if I can.  Only got 6 bucks on my paypal now, but I can probably donate another 10 bucks or so later on towards the end of the month.

Re: Server Suggestions - CaffeinePowered - 04-09-2010

Uh...they said they fixed things last night, I have no idea if it helped anything or not. I basically said it was rubber banding and causing poor hit detection and the tech said he reinstalled some patch and confirmed that everything was up to date on the server.

Re: Server Suggestions - Tricks - 04-09-2010

(04-08-2010, 08:44 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=airmax link=topic=4281.msg145837#msg145837 date=1270769535]
AI servers are cheaper than NFO and better imo, but still like 50-60 dollars.

they don't do BC2

a 24slot bc2 server is only like 48.50 month to month, 43.73 if you pay 3 months (131.19) at a time, not that ridiculous imo (with nfo I have never found the higher cpu priority to be worth it, they do a very good job of not overcrowding their boxes).

As it is, a 32slot server that crashes when it's full, oftentimes when it's not even full, has problems with hit registry, and often drops off the server masterlist is hardly worth paying for, and I wonder how much (if any) traffic it's driven to the site. Imo either experiment with what a more reliable server might do or drop BC2 entirely.

Also, nfo does give 2-day trials, if anyone wants to try snagging one to play with over a weekend sometime Wink
[/quote]

This, a lot. I love having our own server, but it pretty much sits empty except for exccciiiittttinnnggg 2 v 2 matches that we call seeding. When it does get full and crashes it is just heartbreaking.

And as for Maxon’s comment above about giving 6 dollars: even though that may not seem like much, that is awesome. If everybody interested in using a more high-quality server chipped in 5 dollars every so often, it would make it so much easier to fund. That’s a footlong at Subway versus hours of entertainment with your community.

Re: Server Suggestions - Kirby - 04-09-2010

As of right now we're planning on testing whether Caff's ticket reply was just another canned reply of "yeah its good on our end"

I'd be willing to bet it is, I've had a poor history w/ GameServers before, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, its been some time since I last dealt wif them.

Also, I seeded the server alone yesterday on Rush using the blank slate soldier trick, although only Surf and myself have the ability to turn PB on and off, and as of right now with the r9 patch release, even that is broken. I'll update on when we're able to toggle PB again.

Re: Server Suggestions - Tricks - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 09:13 AM)Kirby, the Axe Zealot link Wrote: As of right now we're planning on testing whether Caff's ticket reply was just another canned reply of "yeah its good on our end"

I'd be willing to bet it is, I've had a poor history w/ GameServers before, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, its been some time since I last dealt wif them.

Also, I seeded the server alone yesterday on Rush using the blank slate soldier trick, although only Surf and myself have the ability to turn PB on and off, and as of right now with the r9 patch release, even that is broken. I'll update on when we're able to toggle PB again.

Ughhhhhh I am depressed now

I need Starcraft 2 now please

Re: Server Suggestions - zaneyard - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 08:40 AM)Trick_ link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=4281.msg145866#msg145866 date=1270777498]
[quote author=airmax link=topic=4281.msg145837#msg145837 date=1270769535]

they don't do BC2

[/quote]

This, a lot. I love having our own server, but it pretty much sits empty except for exccciiiittttinnnggg 2 v 2 matches that we call seeding. When it does get full and crashes it is just heartbreaking.

And as for Maxon’s comment above about giving 6 dollars: even though that may not seem like much, that is awesome. If everybody interested in using a more high-quality server chipped in 5 dollars every so often, it would make it so much easier to fund. That’s a footlong at Subway versus hours of entertainment with your community.
[/quote]
that's why we should just keep it on squad dm
rush and conquest are too fucking big to even try to have fun with a small amount of people

Re: Server Suggestions - Kirby - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 09:33 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Trick_ link=topic=4281.msg145933#msg145933 date=1270820439]
[quote author=Duck link=topic=4281.msg145866#msg145866 date=1270777498]
[quote author=airmax link=topic=4281.msg145837#msg145837 date=1270769535]

they don't do BC2

[/quote]

[/quote]
that's why we should just keep it on squad dm
rush and conquest are too fucking big to even try to have fun with a small amount of people
[/quote]

and then it gets boring after one squad accumulates 4 people able to roll the map round after round after round, and it gets boring and stupid.

Re: Server Suggestions - Versus - 04-09-2010

squad deathmatch only = god no

Re: Server Suggestions - beep beep diglett - 04-09-2010

sqdm is fun twice a day, but after that it just blows

Re: Server Suggestions - Surf314 - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 03:36 PM)lil d link Wrote: sqdm is fun twice a day, but after that it just blows

I agree, also with the clean soldier hack and either the improved current or new server most of our population problems will go away me-thinks.

Re: Server Suggestions - Darklink - 04-09-2010

and i dont really know how nfo billing works, but if it has an account "bank" im pretty sure duck had a tf2 nfo server a year or two ago and might have some money left in it

Re: Server Suggestions - zaneyard - 04-09-2010

(04-09-2010, 03:36 PM)lil d link Wrote: sqdm is fun twice a day, but after that it just blows
obviously not playing with me then

Re: Server Suggestions - copulatingduck - 04-10-2010

i have 13.42 USD but you cant transfer between accounts so it would have to be me ordering the server

I'd be cool with paying for a month but like others I've gotten stuck footing bills for servers and it was expensive, and I'm poor

Re: Server Suggestions - Surf314 - 04-10-2010

(04-10-2010, 09:40 AM)Duck link Wrote: i have 13.42 USD but you cant transfer between accounts so it would have to be me ordering the server

I'd be cool with paying for a month but like others I've gotten stuck footing bills for servers and it was expensive, and I'm poor

That + Versus 20 and we got half a month already all we'd need is $30-$40 more. I'll pitch in the last $10.

Re: Server Suggestions - Kirby - 04-10-2010

I'm in for $20, means we need $10-$20 more

Hope everyone has paypal

Re: Server Suggestions - CaffeinePowered - 04-11-2010

The GS server has been officially canceled in leiu of trying NFO, it will be up through 5/5

Re: Server Suggestions - Kirby - 04-11-2010

64.79 for a 32 man ranked public server from NFO for 1 month

Duck  = 13
Versus = 20
Kirby  = 20
Surf    = 10

If someone doesn't care about the change (I don't, whatever.) - we have what we need.

Duck, how do we get you the money?