Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The "I found / bought / crafted a hat!" thread! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: The "I found / bought / crafted a hat!" thread! (/showthread.php?tid=4350)

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Kirby - 06-23-2010

(06-22-2010, 08:21 PM)dagrett link Wrote: 3 metals -> bonk helm -> bonk helm + tyrolean = bald scout

FUUUUUUUUUU

Myself and a coworker had an excellent laugh at your expense.

<3

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - copulatingduck - 06-23-2010

god bald scout rapes ill trade you plz

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - beep beep diglett - 06-23-2010

(06-23-2010, 12:52 PM)Duck link Wrote: god bald scout rapes ill trade you plz

ok

i wouldnt be this pissed if i actually fucking played scout

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Moosendoo - 06-25-2010

4 refined + pyro token:

[Image: whiskeredgentleman.jpg]

I was hoping for a hat (any one besides brain slug), but I guess this is decent.

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Kirby - 06-25-2010

(06-25-2010, 10:11 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: 4 refined + pyro token:

[Image: whiskeredgentleman.jpg]

I was hoping for a hat (any one besides brain slug), but I guess this is decent.

Trade my Fire Brigade for that, it's like, so awesomely supersexy with my Vintage Merryweather.

Luca has one too and I'm like @#%$#$

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Hobospartan - 06-25-2010

Freaking liquid has one of those, and he never plays pyro  :'(

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Kirby - 06-26-2010

(06-25-2010, 11:44 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: Freaking liquid has one of those, and he never plays pyro  :'(

[me=Kirby]adds another entry on the 'Why I'm secretly planning on assassinating Liquid' list[/me]

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Wrath Of Sandvich - 06-27-2010

[Image: Heavyushankapose.png]

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - BS1 - 06-30-2010

I just crafted my first class specific hat (note: crafted), and I got the Soldiers Stash. I feel so cheated.  :'(

I do not plan on doing a class specific hat again, it takes too much metal. I could have crafted a hat months ago otherwise.

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Moosendoo - 06-30-2010

Soldier's Stash isn't that bad.  And months? It takes like 3 weeks to craft 1 refined (assuming you reach your limit of drops each week).

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - BS1 - 07-01-2010

(06-30-2010, 08:21 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: Soldier's Stash isn't that bad.  And months? It takes like 3 weeks to craft 1 refined (assuming you reach your limit of drops each week).
3 weeks x 4 refined metals = 12 weeks / 4 = 2 months

Of course, not every month has the same amount of weeks in it so I took the average. Before you say "Hey, you only need 3 refined!", go back and re-read what I posted; IE: Class specific hat. And I also didn't include the items needed to craft a class metal. Plus, I keep at least one of every item I get. Either way I don't see why you brought that up.

And it's a matter of opinion on whether it's bad or not. I think it's a horrible hat and I wasted my time crafting it.

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Dtrain323i - 07-01-2010

3 Refined metals= ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING BALD SNIPER!!!!!  >Sad

Crafting my two bald snipers= Prussian Pickelhaube

Fuck hats.

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Kirby - 07-01-2010

(07-01-2010, 07:19 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: 3 Refined metals= ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING BALD SNIPER!!!!!  >Sad

Fuck hats.

Much lol's were had in the server, <3 Dtrain

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Dtrain323i - 07-01-2010

(07-01-2010, 09:08 AM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: [quote author=Dtrain323i link=topic=4452.msg161562#msg161562 date=1277986751]
3 Refined metals= ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING BALD SNIPER!!!!!  >Sad

Fuck hats.

Much lol's were had in the server, <3 Dtrain
[/quote]

I facepalmed myself when that happened.

Out loud I just said "you gotta be fucking kidding me!"

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Moosendoo - 07-01-2010

(07-01-2010, 12:25 AM)BS1 link Wrote: [quote author=Moosendoo link=topic=4452.msg161353#msg161353 date=1277904066]
Soldier's Stash isn't that bad.  And months? It takes like 3 weeks to craft 1 refined (assuming you reach your limit of drops each week).
3 weeks x 4 refined metals = 12 weeks / 4 = 2 months

Of course, not every month has the same amount of weeks in it so I took the average. Before you say "Hey, you only need 3 refined!", go back and re-read what I posted; IE: Class specific hat. And I also didn't include the items needed to craft a class metal. Plus, I keep at least one of every item I get. Either way I don't see why you brought that up.

And it's a matter of opinion on whether it's bad or not. I think it's a horrible hat and I wasted my time crafting it.
[/quote]

You said:
(06-30-2010, 12:40 AM)BS1 link Wrote: I do not plan on doing a class specific hat again, it takes too much metal. I could have crafted a hat months ago otherwise.

Which implies that it took you "months" to get that 1 extra refined + the token, the latter of which I admittedly didn't take into account so add another week and it should take about a month longer at the most to craft a class specific hat (which was my point) and have a better chance of getting something you want.

I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it; I was just trying to say that it doesn't really take that much longer (compared to how long it takes to get 3 refined in the first place) to get the extra refined and IMO it's worth the wait (unless you already have most of the hats you want).  And of course it's a matter of opinion of whether it's a bad hat or not, I meant no offense.  :-\

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - CaffeinePowered - 07-01-2010

(07-01-2010, 07:19 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: 3 Refined metals= ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING BALD SNIPER!!!!!  >Sad

Fuck hats.

6 Refined Metals got your a decent hat at least....

Two weeks ago we all saw Trick craft the bald scout  :Smile

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - copulatingduck - 07-01-2010

(07-01-2010, 01:17 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: 6 Refined Metals got your a decent hat at least....

Two weeks ago we all saw Trick craft the bald scout  :Smile

(07-01-2010, 01:17 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Two weeks ago we all saw Trick craft the bald scout  :Smile

(07-01-2010, 01:17 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: we all saw Trick craft the bald scout  :Smile

(07-01-2010, 01:17 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: :Smile

GOD DAMMIT

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - beep beep diglett - 07-01-2010

caff, me and trick switched names. it was me. i crafted the bald scout. god fucking damnit.

ps: i second the motion for getting SA emotes, something to soothe the pain that comes from the loss of rollieeyes

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Geoff - 07-04-2010

crafted all my weps to make my first and only hat

after 400 hours of play time since early 08 i got a tyrants helm

meanwhile,
http://www.thebest404pageever.com/swf/308.swf

Re: I love rebuild headgear (AKA the "I found / crafted a hat!" thread) - Odin - 07-04-2010

Grats, Tyrant is dead sexy.