Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Guess who's next? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Guess who's next? (/showthread.php?tid=451)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Guess who's next? - Benito Mussolini - 06-07-2008

Pyro is!

After the medics achievements, pyromen are getting a brand new ax and two still unknown weapons.
Valve says they "almost completely wrapped up the next big release for Team Fortress 2" so we can expect the update in three months or so  Wink

http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1608/

Re: Guess who's next? - CaffeinePowered - 06-07-2008

Maybe we can expect it sometime after Christmas

Isnt the new Ax called the 'Axstinguisher', and its like guaranteed crit if the person is on fire?

Re: Guess who's next? - copulatingduck - 06-07-2008

Yea, but it only gets half damage otherwise, so I'm wondering if the crit is 3x 70-90 (typical melee) or 3x 35-45 (Axtinguisher).

Re: Guess who's next? - Benito Mussolini - 06-07-2008

If it is 3x axtinguisher dammage, it doesn't make it very good...

The weapon doesn't look great since ennemies in ax range are usually in flamethrower range, which does enough damage without the ax.
I have always though of the ax as a useless weapon, but very funny to use.

Maybe the other weapons will make it more useful?

Oh and I forgot to say: I can't wait to see 12 red pyros fighting against 12 blu pyros the week after the update.

Re: Guess who's next? - Squishy3 - 06-07-2008

(06-07-2008, 10:40 AM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: If it is 3x axtinguisher dammage, it doesn't make it very good...

The weapon doesn't look great since ennemies in ax range are usually in flamethrower range, which does enough damage without the ax.

Oh and I forgot to say: I can't wait to see 12 red pyros fighting against 12 blu pyros the week after the update.
what are you talking about this already happens enough on TFT and FNF

(06-07-2008, 11:31 AM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=460.msg10921#msg10921 date=1212853240]
If it is 3x axtinguisher dammage, it doesn't make it very good...

what are you talking about this already happens enough on TFT and FNF
[/quote]

He's referring to pub play, like what happened during the medic update, last night's pyro vs pyro RPS was kind of a fluke

Re: Guess who's next? - Surf314 - 06-07-2008

:o if anyone can get some good use out of that axe its me.  Also now there will be a huge incentive for pyros to work in pairs.  One attacks from the front one axes them from behind as they are fleeing.  I'm officially excited about this.

Re: Guess who's next? - Negate - 06-07-2008

Before you all start whining at the useless stuff lets be frank. Your a pyro you see some noob soldier walking around all full of himself with his 200 hp. You give him a little tap with the flame thrower, he is now in one hit killz ville for your axe no more noob soldier blowing themselves up getting a point and you also die and get nothing. This is good.

Re: Guess who's next? - KarthXLR - 06-07-2008

I just dunno about this whole new weapons thing...most of the classes seem fine to begin with.

Re: Guess who's next? - Wedge - 06-07-2008

I don't think the crit fire axe would be useless, it would potentially make a pyro much more dangerous to taking down a heavy 1v1.

Re: Guess who's next? - ZoSo - 06-07-2008

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690319&page=3

[Image: axtinguisher.jpg]

Re: Guess who's next? - cbre88x - 06-07-2008

This weapon and it's strategies will take some time to master. I love the look of that weapon though.

Re: Guess who's next? - Eschatos - 06-07-2008

Axetinguisher doesn't sound very good.  If you're going to set someone on fire then you won't need the axe.  If you're going to axe someone then you don't need the fire. 

Re: Guess who's next? - Ianki - 06-07-2008

Concept art is awesome, but it better be less than three months.  9 class updates every 5 months? man i'll be dead before this game is complete.

Re: Guess who's next? - KarthXLR - 06-07-2008

I think the axetinguisher will be a virtually useless weapon.

This leads me to repeat what I said earlier, I don't see the point of new weapons when most of the classes are fine to begin with.

Re: Guess who's next? - cbre88x - 06-07-2008

(06-07-2008, 04:37 PM)KarthXLR link Wrote: I think the axetinguisher will be a virtually useless weapon.

This leads me to repeat what I said earlier, I don't see the point of new weapons when most of the classes are fine to begin with.

It keeps the game fresh for all of us who have had it since the beta...that's a first.

Re: Guess who's next? - ZargonX - 06-07-2008

I think the Axestinguisher is definitely going to be a teamwork-type weapon.  Like was said before, one pyro runs through and ignites, a second one follows up with a storm of crits.  Could be quite effective.

(06-07-2008, 06:49 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: I think the Axestinguisher is definitely going to be a teamwork-type weapon.  Like was said before, one pyro runs through and ignites, a second one follows up with a storm of crits.  Could be quite effective.

Well again that depends on a few things, if the crits are from the new weapon's baseline, if it does 30 - 40 damage, well that gives you a crit value of 90 - 120, which will take down lighter classes, but if you just tap a heavy/soldier with it, its not going to kill them, on fire or not.

Re: Guess who's next? - Luca Shoal - 06-08-2008

All I know is that Pyro achievements make me <3. I wonder how many I'll be able to get legit.

Re: Guess who's next? - copulatingduck - 06-08-2008

(06-08-2008, 12:19 AM)Luca Shoal link Wrote: All I know is that Pyro achievements make me <3. I wonder how many I'll be able to get legit.

Valve already said they're going to be easier (ie less ridiculous) than the medic achievements. Those were "just an experiment" to gauge community reaction.