Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 02:54 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: AMG WHY AREN'T PEOPLE POSTING THIS THREAD SHOULD BE MOVING LIKE A CONVEYOR BELT
A GODDAMNED CONVEYOR BELT  /CAPSLOLJK  /caps

I got bored of SMP until he adds/fixes stuff. :-\

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Maxon - 10-03-2010

Only playing singleplayer till the SMP becomes stable :\

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-03-2010

I agree, the smp is broken as hell. I'm taking advantage of it while it is broken though so I can quickly accomplish these things you see before you.

I do hope he fixes it/stabilizes it soon.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 03:24 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: I agree, the smp is broken as hell. I'm taking advantage of it while it is broken though so I can quickly accomplish these things you see before you.

I think its kind of nice having no health for now.  Definitely ruins the point of "survival" though.  I wonder which will come first, working mechanics (minecarts/redstone) or working health.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 10-03-2010

I haven't been able to get the oblique map to load for a couple days now.  :'(

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-03-2010

Don't try to open it in your web browser, just save-as and then open it with the windows picture viewer. It is a 50+ MB PNG, your browser shits itself when you try to load that.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 11:17 AM)demonspork link Wrote: Don't try to open it in your web browser, just save-as and then open it with the windows picture viewer. It is a 50+ MB PNG, your browser shits itself when you try to load that.
Oh thanks, I didn't think of that.  :p

EDIT: Vixxen definitely has the best building right now.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 07:30 AM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5010.msg176743#msg176743 date=1286094248]
I agree, the smp is broken as hell. I'm taking advantage of it while it is broken though so I can quickly accomplish these things you see before you.

I think its kind of nice having no health for now.  Definitely ruins the point of "survival" though.  I wonder which will come first, working mechanics (minecarts/redstone) or working health.
[/quote]

I want working mechanics first :<

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 11:19 AM)BS1 link Wrote: [quote author=demonspork link=topic=5010.msg176764#msg176764 date=1286122674]
Don't try to open it in your web browser, just save-as and then open it with the windows picture viewer. It is a 50+ MB PNG, your browser shits itself when you try to load that.

[/quote]
Where/what is it?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 01:11 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=BS1 link=topic=5010.msg176765#msg176765 date=1286122774]
[quote author=demonspork link=topic=5010.msg176764#msg176764 date=1286122674]

[/quote]
Where/what is it?
[/quote]

It's basically the temple of time, north of Cielo. As of right now, it's the only object you can see completely zoomed out on the map.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-03-2010

Found myself bored enough to try to make my own texture pack.... It also appears that any 'texture' for the terrain.png file over 512 by 512 pixels doesn't work.

Decided to borrow the textures from STALKER (And a few other texture packs to correct what I was too lazy to make myself XD)

.....The world looks very cold and dead now... Does wonders for the fog though....

On a side note, reducing the texture size rather ruined the already bad picture quality XD
[Image: terrain.png]
If you can't see the picture............. ditch internet explorer.

(10-03-2010, 01:27 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=5010.msg176776#msg176776 date=1286129502]
[quote author=BS1 link=topic=5010.msg176765#msg176765 date=1286122774]

[/quote]
Where/what is it?
[/quote]

It's basically the temple of time, north of Cielo. As of right now, it's the only object you can see completely zoomed out on the map.
[/quote]
I can see your project and mine zoomed out from the map. I guess it just depends on your monitors resolution.  :p

(10-03-2010, 01:59 PM)BS1 link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5010.msg176778#msg176778 date=1286130471]
[quote author=Stein link=topic=5010.msg176776#msg176776 date=1286129502]
[quote author=BS1 link=topic=5010.msg176765#msg176765 date=1286122774]

[/quote]
Where/what is it?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I can see your project and mine zoomed out from the map. I guess it just depends on your monitors resolution.  :p
[/quote]

Ah, now that you mention it, I suppose you can. Good call.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-03-2010

it's not a replica of the temple of time, if it were, i would have made it a 1:1 copy. i didn't use reference to do it, just the initial idea of what it's supposed to be.......
here's some pics:

Signature for Temple waypoint (will move it once it's done)
Mountainside view on Temple (IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A PENIS, DEMON!!!)
View from entrance
View from altar
The dome in the ceiling
Made this during construction. I like the fog effect around the pillars

feel free to come by and visit...... and here's a map on how to get there from cielo via boat for all you hopeless romantic wanderers:
Temple Map

Ah yes, the giant church.

That must have taken hours to make.  Did you plan it out at all before you started building?

Also, what's the roof made of? Just stone? The map makes it look really bright.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-03-2010

it's 99% stone. the reason it looks so bright is because it reaches very high up. higher objects look brighter on the oblique image.
it took me roughly a week to make, i would say so far there's probably more than 24 hours work in that project, which makes it the largest minecraft project i've made since i did this which only took me 3 days to make and perhaps 8 hours of actual work.
i've just started out planing a fairly large amount of ground. once that was done, i've measured it and made a rough outline. after that i decided where the pillars should be (some of you might remember the stone pillars standing around all naked). then i closed the sides up, pulled the roof over and finally did some ledges to make it look a little more interesting. x3 it was fun to work on something of that magnitude. at night it's a particularily gloomy place, i've found myself inside thinking i've seen movement in the shadows =~~= only proves to me that i did it right Big Grin. i might revise the look of the inside to add a tomb or something in the center of it later, but that's not decided yet. :3 merf

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-03-2010

oh shit thats pretty impressive

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Evil Cheese - 10-04-2010

I want to play this game so bad. I actually bought it and everything. I really need to replace my shitty broken video card soon.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 10-04-2010

http://minecraft.net/boo/

BIG letters so you can all see.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 01:07 PM)BS1 link Wrote: http://minecraft.net/boo/

BIG letters so you can all see.

I am excited by all of this.  Non-everburning torches is going to be really interesting...