Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 10-04-2010

More features, moar bugs!

Yay.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-04-2010

so it's going to be lanterns instead of torches :/ just a roundabout way to keep things lighted. i'm still not sure if i like this. the majority of that update sounds very very good though. i'm excited for it [Image: woohoo.gif]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 01:30 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: [quote author=BS1 link=topic=5010.msg176941#msg176941 date=1286215621]
http://minecraft.net/boo/

BIG letters so you can all see.

I am excited by all of this.  Non-everburning torches is going to be really interesting...
[/quote]
Yeah... Without lanterns it would suck, but with...

(10-04-2010, 01:38 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: so it's going to be lanterns instead of torches :/ just a roundabout way to keep things lighted. i'm still not sure if i like this. the majority of that update sounds very very good though. i'm excited for it [Image: woohoo.gif]
I see no point to it, other than making it a bit more expensive to keep everything lit.

More monsters will be good though.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-04-2010

Oh god this is gunna be awesome! New monsters, more difficulty... a hell world...  ;D

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 10-04-2010

aw yeah. hopefully "more features" means redstone works in SMP.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-04-2010

hopefully "more features" means damage works in smp

i wanna gank you noobs

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Maxon - 10-04-2010

I'm glad lanterns will be there.  Burning out torches would've got annoying.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-04-2010

see you guys on hopefully a new map on october 31st

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-04-2010

can't drop the thought of starting a new map, can ya chief? xD
well sooner or later there would have to be more than one server at any rate, since there will be different MP game-modes.... looking forward to those [Image: meow.gif]

anyhow.... didn't someone else start a server too that was snow-themed? aw i was invited to check that one out and now i've forgotten where i put the IP =~~= maybe you should check that server out, chief it's still fairly young i believe..... whoever made it pls resend the information to me pls xDD i'm so clumsy with notes sorry....

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 04:28 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: see you guys on hopefully a new map on october 31st

I second this motion o.=.o

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-04-2010

>build obsidian ziggurat
>start new map 2 weeks later
>i mad

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-04-2010

welp after we make the new map ill demand we remake it because...?

because i dont like walking. >Sad

edit: also looking forward to chief building exactly one (1) thing and then quitting and thinking his opinion matters

jerk >Sad

now now =o3o= be nice about it, digg. i mean i understand that a fresh start is sometimes a nice thing, but really in this particular case i think we've did some awesome things with that existing map so far and already put thought into how it will play out once everything works like it's supposed to [Image: meow.gif] i'd like to see it all in action and i'm sure there are others that think like that. it will never end, though.... once a clean map is open, after 2 weeks the same complaints will hit. "i don't like this map anymore" "too many problems" "let's start a new map" ...... since lack of space will never be an issue with this gametype, i would suggest you build a teleport somewhere near spawn and just venture out somewhere if you don't want others to mess with your things or you feel the areas around spawn are too crowded.... =o3o=

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-04-2010

Sneak peak
[Image: clocktower.png]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 05:44 PM)dagrett link Wrote: welp after we make the new map ill demand we remake it because...?

because i dont like walking. >Sad

edit: also looking forward to chief building exactly one (1) thing and then quitting and thinking his opinion matters

jerk >Sad
[Image: maximumoverdrive.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 05:03 PM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg176967#msg176967 date=1286227720]

[/quote]

There's gunna be huge changes to the terrain gen what with hell, biomes and whatnot. I defiantly agree with this.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 09:18 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=5010.msg176978#msg176978 date=1286229829]
[quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg176967#msg176967 date=1286227720]

[/quote]

There's gunna be huge changes to the terrain gen what with hell, biomes and whatnot. I defiantly agree with this.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd have to third this as well.  Don't think of it as losing what you've built; think of it as a chance to make something even more impressive on a blank canvas Big Grin

yeah tbh despite all my reservations ill agree. keep runecraft though.

also we need groundrules for the new map, like say, DONT MAKE GIANT 500X500 PITS DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE MAP IN CENTRAL

blew up my shit, go find it and loot 100 diamond blocks from the rubble

(10-04-2010, 10:21 PM)dagrett link Wrote: yeah tbh despite all my reservations ill agree. keep runecraft though.

also we need groundrules for the new map, like say, DONT MAKE GIANT 500X500 PITS DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE MAP IN CENTRAL

blew up my shit, go find it and loot 100 diamond blocks from the rubble

With the dark world transportation, we won't need teleports (or at least need em less). I still think runecraft long range transportation way too easy and cheap, and since the update will add mobs back in, it'd completely destroy the danger of traveling. Who would want to risk faster transportation in the other world when they can just set up a quick transportation rune for a few cobblestone and sig blocks? If you want to do long range transportation without risking danger, save up and craft a rail system. Runecraft will just keep things much too easy.

Oh, and especially the chrono trigger. "Oh hey, night again *hits the trigger* NO MONSTERS YAAAA!"

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - copulatingduck - 10-04-2010

http://twitter.com/Nerfnow/status/26417470666