Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - copulatingduck - 10-04-2010

also, backfire speaks with the wisdom of a minecraft elder

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-04-2010

(10-04-2010, 10:48 PM)Duck link Wrote: also, backfire speaks with the wisdom of a minecraft elder
although it isnt word-for-word what i said, about 80% of backfire said was my intention from the start

the other 20% was pointless bitching

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-05-2010

*snifffffff* oh well if that's what the ballots are, then whatever guess it'd be nice to have a central that doesn't crash you every single time you go there..... =;3;= imma miss mah temple

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-05-2010

4 days of work, culminating in this.

The Ziggurat.

[Image: ScreenShot029.jpg]
Night

[Image: ScreenShot030.jpg]
Brighter outside

[Image: ScreenShot026.jpg]
The inside

[Image: ScreenShot024.jpg]
The top

EDIT: With the completion of this, I submit to the notion of starting a new server world WHEN SMP IS POLISHED AND STABLE.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-05-2010

....Wouldn't it be possible to transfer over the massive contraptions of those who complain via a map editor..? Making some massive city thinggy...?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 05:29 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: ....Wouldn't it be possible to transfer over the massive contraptions of those who complain via a map editor..? Making some massive city thinggy...?
Yes, but Demon doesn't know how :p.

But yeah, that'd be a great option.  Only problem is that my best building atm is built into a freaking island (so is my third best), so that could be a pain.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 06:00 AM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=Ekarus Ryndren link=topic=5010.msg177091#msg177091 date=1286274566]
....Wouldn't it be possible to transfer over the massive contraptions of those who complain via a map editor..? Making some massive city thinggy...?
Yes, but Demon doesn't know how :p.

But yeah, that'd be a great option.  Only problem is that my best building atm is built into a freaking island (so is my third best), so that could be a pain.
[/quote]
1. DL a map editor that's up to date (Or risk losing stuff like fences, or it not working at all.)
2. Download the old buggy map
3. find a big enough chunk of land in the new map
4. paste.

Profit??

I could do it o.=.o

Hell, if we really wanted to get creative we could build a store and stock it half-full and trade for materials in it. (But, yah know not a set 'currency')

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - CaffeinePowered - 10-05-2010

(10-04-2010, 10:47 PM)Duck link Wrote: http://twitter.com/Nerfnow/status/26417470666

This has to be fake, there is no way nerfnow would play an indie game, they are so unrefined, just like custom maps, not up to Valve standard

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 10-05-2010

Well I'm putting my pyramid on hold. I won't be able to get it done in time, and I don't even want to finish it if it will just be deleted. However if it does get edited over via a map editor I would still work on it. But that might not even work.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-05-2010

hrrm well the only editor i've ever worked with was using a 2-D work-area =o3o= would be a pain to get that copied and pasted right.....
but as much as i'd like to save my stuff over, it's not necessary.... i'm well capable of building new awesome stuff i guess~ derp

(10-05-2010, 11:32 AM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: hrrm well the only editor i've ever worked with was using a 2-D work-area =o3o= would be a pain to get that copied and pasted right.....
but as much as i'd like to save my stuff over, it's not necessary.... i'm well capable of building new awesome stuff i guess~ derp

The one I found is 3D (Uses a shit-ton of memory on my piss-poor computer) and I've edited a map and then used it sucessfuly (See Underwater fortress from Single Player, Hollowed out Cobblestone segments)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-05-2010

(10-04-2010, 10:44 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=dagrett link=topic=5010.msg177049#msg177049 date=1286248918]
yeah tbh despite all my reservations ill agree. keep runecraft though.

also we need groundrules for the new map, like say, DONT MAKE GIANT 500X500 PITS DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE MAP IN CENTRAL

blew up my shit, go find it and loot 100 diamond blocks from the rubble

With the dark world transportation, we won't need teleports (or at least need em less). I still think runecraft long range transportation way too easy and cheap, and since the update will add mobs back in, it'd completely destroy the danger of traveling. Who would want to risk faster transportation in the other world when they can just set up a quick transportation rune for a few cobblestone and sig blocks? If you want to do long range transportation without risking danger, save up and craft a rail system. Runecraft will just keep things much too easy.

Oh, and especially the chrono trigger. "Oh hey, night again *hits the trigger* NO MONSTERS YAAAA!"
[/quote]

we don't really know how itll work yet, i'm guessing a fairly shitty and innaccurate way of travel, guess we'll just have to see

also you can disable specific runes so if we dont want waypoints or chrono you can just disable them

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 10-05-2010

Dude's already got a compiler written for it, too.

http://hackaday.com/2010/09/29/16-bit-alu-in-minecraft/

16-bit ALU in minecraft

was already posted =o3o= is interesting but i don't understand enough of electronics to make anything like that
also, LINK PLS, DWAGGIE! =o3o=

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 04:44 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: was already posted =o3o= is interesting but i don't understand enough of electronics to make anything like that
You and your =o3o= things.  >Sad

(10-05-2010, 05:40 PM)BS1 link Wrote: [quote author=Metal_Vixxen link=topic=5010.msg177166#msg177166 date=1286315069]
was already posted =o3o= is interesting but i don't understand enough of electronics to make anything like that
You and your =o3o= things.  >Sad
[/quote]

Furry words o.=.o you wouldn't understand o.=.o

Also, I have no link, just a name. "MCEdit" *shakes milkshake in frustration* DAMN THING'S FROZEN * searches franticly for the ctrl, alt, and delete keys*

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-05-2010

The image generation is taking an insane amount of time and resources on my server. My server runs minecraft comfortably, but taking 5+ hours to generate an image is getting to be too much. I am looking to find someone who can do the processing and upload the image. I may try to do it on my home computer, but it would take a hella long time to upload the image from my home internet connection.  The compressed world backup runs 350MB now and would need to be downloaded for each image generation.  is anyone both willing and able to take over making the map?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - copulatingduck - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 08:27 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=5010.msg177055#msg177055 date=1286250451]
http://twitter.com/Nerfnow/status/26417470666

This has to be fake, there is no way nerfnow would play an indie game, they are so unrefined, just like custom maps, not up to Valve standard
[/quote]

minecraft got plugged on the official tf2 blog though, it's ok

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 10-06-2010

(10-05-2010, 09:36 PM)demonspork link Wrote: The image generation is taking an insane amount of time and resources on my server. My server runs minecraft comfortably, but taking 5+ hours to generate an image is getting to be too much. I am looking to find someone who can do the processing and upload the image. I may try to do it on my home computer, but it would take a hella long time to upload the image from my home internet connection.  The compressed world backup runs 350MB now and would need to be downloaded for each image generation.  is anyone both willing and able to take over making the map?

I'll get with you tonight, we'll see how well both my box and my PC can do it.

Also would be a good opportunity to test your colo and see if they're giving you your full 10MB port. I've pulled sustained 60MB/s both directions on my box, so I'm sure I could load up your side. ^.^

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-06-2010

With Halloween coming up I tweaked the Brown and Bloom texture pack... things look exceptionally more... dead.... (Except lava, which.. strangely looks like orange Sherbert...)

I can post screenshots if anyone's interested...