Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-08-2010

And I agree with what you're saying. I was just irked at the way you said it.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-08-2010

so I have been kind of watching this thread, and I didn't see any conclusive decision about it. Moving the spawn away from this premade area will accomplish the same thing as creating a new map, and the old stuff will still be accessible if you want to take a long journey.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 10:21 PM)demonspork link Wrote: so I have been kind of watching this thread, and I didn't see any conclusive decision about it. Moving the spawn away from this premade area will accomplish the same thing as creating a new map, and the old stuff will still be accessible if you want to take a long journey.

This.  Just don't go back to central if you don't want to.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-08-2010

i dunno, i dont think hell will actually work on an old map, and that sounds like a pretty neato feature so...

suggest you put the old map up for download though, museum sort of thing

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - rilnac - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 10:41 PM)dagrett link Wrote: i dunno, i dont think hell will actually work on an old map, and that sounds like a pretty neato feature so...

or how about everyone stops making wild speculations about how the new patch will work, when no one actually knows anything

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - MasterGH - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 11:11 PM)rilnac link Wrote: [quote author=dagrett link=topic=5010.msg177726#msg177726 date=1286595718]
i dunno, i dont think hell will actually work on an old map, and that sounds like a pretty neato feature so...

or how about everyone stops making wild speculations about how the new patch will work, when no one actually knows anything
[/quote]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-08-2010

(10-08-2010, 11:15 PM)MasterGH link Wrote: [quote author=rilnac link=topic=5010.msg177731#msg177731 date=1286597494]
[quote author=dagrett link=topic=5010.msg177726#msg177726 date=1286595718]

[/quote]
[/quote]notch will break everything on oct. 31st
and spend all his acquired golds on making steam games for 59.99 dollars, but will be the equivalent of a flash game, therefore making him billions of dollars for him to buy a park for his name in where ever he lives

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-09-2010

(10-08-2010, 11:44 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: notch will break everything on oct. 31st
and spend all his acquired golds on making steam games for 59.99 dollars, but will be the equivalent of a flash game, therefore making him billions of dollars for him to buy a park for his name in where ever he lives

you forgot the part where he closes the movie deal with lion's gate to make "MINECRAFT: The Motion Picture", starring brad pitt and nicholas cage, who are miners that get stranded on an uncharted island and start digging a mineshaft just to find out there are zombies and skelettons in the caves that lie below them. i'm looking especially forward to the part where pitt is hanging on a ledge over a pool of lava and cage suddenly turns on him, trying to force him off the edge because he wants pitt's diamonds. in the end though, (SPOLER ALERT) both die of an aneurism caused by stress from relentless chicken-squawking.

/BS

to repeat what was mentioned before: it's demon's server, it's demon's rules. i'd be content with either scenario and if he says that a larger world will not affect performance, what's the difference to anyne who plays on the server? i think moving the spawn is just as legit a solution. derp [Image: meow.gif]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:34 AM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: you forgot the part where he closes the movie deal with lion's gate to make "MINECRAFT: The Motion Picture", starring brad pitt and nicholas cage, who are miners that get stranded on an uncharted island and start digging a mineshaft just to find out there are zombies and skelettons in the caves that lie below them. i'm looking especially forward to the part where pitt is hanging on a ledge over a pool of lava and cage suddenly turns on him, trying to force him off the edge because he wants pitt's diamonds. in the end though, (SPOLER ALERT) both die of an aneurism caused by stress from relentless chicken-squawking.

BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 01:34 AM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: you forgot the part where he closes the movie deal with lion's gate to make "MINECRAFT: The Motion Picture", starring brad pitt and nicholas cage, who are miners that get stranded on an uncharted island and start digging a mineshaft just to find out there are zombies and skelettons in the caves that lie below them. i'm looking especially forward to the part where pitt is hanging on a ledge over a pool of lava and cage suddenly turns on him, trying to force him off the edge because he wants pitt's diamonds. in the end though, (SPOLER ALERT) both die of an aneurism caused by stress from relentless chicken-squawking.

At this point? Why the hell not, might be entertaining XD

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - CaffeinePowered - 10-09-2010

(10-08-2010, 06:59 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5010.msg177592#msg177592 date=1286541998]
Ok, after seeing some screenshots from the goon and penny arcade server, you all need to build the following

Or you could buy it and help out. You keep lurkin around in this thread posting every now and then and still don't have it Tongue
[/quote]

I barely even have time for TF2 Sad

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 10-09-2010

This is why I never put SMP on my box.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-09-2010

Working on making a basic redstone circuit on my Myst map.  I'm working on a switch that illuminates the 5 (10?) generators in the power station.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - KarthXLR - 10-09-2010

Have any of you taken into consideration that the Halloween update might not even be implemented into multiplayer?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-09-2010

Okay, besides what I've said before, here's my main reason why I'd want to start a completely new map rather than just move the spawn in a farther off place.

Everything we've been collecting up until now have been in cave explorations completely void of any sort of danger. Even if you were to fall off the maps edge on the bottom of the map, you wouldn't lose a single thing by using /home to go back spawn. If we were to just continue the map, everyone would still have all of their supplies that they got from exploring dangerous-less caves. Just look around the Cielo and tell me we don't have a huge abundance of rare minerals. The Furry Emissary has a pure iron block floor with a few gold blocks here and there.  There's an entire castle built entirely out of obsidian just outside of Mizugawa. We really have no need to go cave exploring anymore.

If we were just to move the spawn, the only reason why anyone would want to go spleunking would be if they actually want to go fight monsters or something. If an update is going to bring much more danger into the world, then we can't build apun this empire we already have. With so many materials, all diamond tools, and endless supplies of food, we may as well be building in creative mode.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 10-09-2010

Why not just play our current map for a bit after then update, see if all our accumulated minerals and supplies ACTUALLY change the way we play the game, and THEN decide to drop everything.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 08:40 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Why not just play our current map for a bit after then update, see if all our accumulated minerals and supplies ACTUALLY change the way we play the game, and THEN decide to drop everything.

Because it will change the way we play the game. Almost everyone else are so attached to their buildings and work that it seems everything I say will fall on deaf ears. Do you know the rail system? That big thing that goes around the map which was planned to be very useful? That thing that took us about 3 full days to build and ended up becoming completely useless with the introduction to runecraft? That thing that for whatever reason, even though you were okay with a station next to your house at the time, now hate it and don't want it in your area? That thing, combined with my entire waterside house.. I'm perfectly fine with that going away so I will have to start from scratch, actually taking risks to build. Everyone on the server who has been playing for at least a week by now has some sort of impenetrable structure they made back when there was absolutely no threat.

I think I get it now. We both have different ideas on what kind of server this is. You seem to want it to be a sort of social server. Hop in, say hi, build stuff from your endless supply you took no risk acquiring, then take off. Everything you have said would leave me to believe that if you would be okay with people choosing their own difficulty level, having some people just playing in peaceful mode while others are playing normal and actually dieing from the hoard of mobs that somehow made it in the city.

The bulk of us have already played through the creative stages of the game, and now most of us actually prefer a challenge, hence "survival" multilayer. If you prefer to go out and make new buildings with your set of diamond tools made from your chest full of diamond blocks wearing full diamond armor from the get go, then (as I have said before) you may as well be playing creative.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-09-2010

(10-09-2010, 09:06 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=5010.msg177875#msg177875 date=1286674842]
Why not just play our current map for a bit after then update, see if all our accumulated minerals and supplies ACTUALLY change the way we play the game, and THEN decide to drop everything.

Because it will change the way we play the game. Almost everyone else are so attached to their buildings and work that it seems everything I say will fall on deaf ears. Do you know the rail system? That big thing that goes around the map which was planned to be very useful? That thing that took us about 3 full days to build and ended up becoming completely useless with the introduction to runecraft? That thing that for whatever reason, even though you were okay with a station next to your house at the time, now hate it and don't want it in your area? That thing, combined with my entire waterside house.. I'm perfectly fine with that going away so I will have to start from scratch, actually taking risks to build. Everyone on the server who has been playing for at least a week by now has some sort of impenetrable structure they made back when there was absolutely no threat.

I think I get it now. We both have different ideas on what kind of server this is. You seem to want it to be a sort of social server. Hop in, say hi, build stuff from your endless supply you took no risk acquiring, then take off. Everything you have said would leave me to believe that if you would be okay with people choosing their own difficulty level, having some people just playing in peaceful mode while others are playing normal and actually dieing from the hoard of mobs that somehow made it in the city.

The bulk of us have already played through the creative stages of the game, and now most of us actually prefer a challenge, hence "survival" multilayer. If you prefer to go out and make new buildings with your set of diamond tools made from your chest full of diamond blocks wearing full diamond armor from the get go, then (as I have said before) you may as well be playing creative.
[/quote]well, once again, kinda my words in a less bitchy form, but not exactly my words

what im saying is, im agreeing with backfire
also i dont think backfire is directing the last paragraph at you luin, just those in general who prefer the creative playstyle

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Didzo - 10-09-2010

lol

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 10-09-2010

Edit: going to address these issues now that I'm thinking about them straight.

1> I do not hate the railway. I am not opposed to it. I simply asked if we could remove it since a> we were unable to use the trains and b> we were using runecraft instead. It was much larger than expected at the time but not a major issue. It was why I asked first; to see what you thought. You got so upset over a question that I figured I'd just move instead, which I did. More importantly, YOU decided to build the railway. No one asked you to spend all that time building it; you decided to. You didn't have to, you wanted to, which is a bit of a difference. Plus you're upset that we all have materials to build with since it's safe... your railway wouldn't have been built if it weren't safe either, so I'm thinking that's a bit hypocritical of you.

2> I do not really appreciate the thought that I don't want to take risks to build. You have no clue how I like to play the game when it's not all safe as it is now; I would appreciate it if you wouldn't make these assumptions about me to help fuel your points. I agree with the idea of starting over but merely ASKED if we could see what happens when we don't FIRST. I wanted to see how quickly accumulated materials would diminish in the face of monsters, not stay there forever.

3> "I think I get it now. We both have different ideas on what kind of server this is. You seem to want it to be a sort of social server. Hop in, say hi, build stuff from your endless supply you took no risk acquiring, then take off."

Excuse me, wat? That's a pretty shitty assumption on your part as well, and it sounds a bit rude. I don't want the server to be that way; that's just kind of the way it is right now, seeing as there are no threats at all. I'm more than excited for the chance to play a multiplayer with actual threats and challenges. Know why I just come in for a bit, chat, and leave? 'CAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO RIGHT NOW. It gets boring just building with nothing to do. Oh goodness, look... I actually want a challenge.

4> "The bulk of us have already played through the creative stages of the game, and now most of us actually prefer a challenge, hence "survival" multilayer. If you prefer to go out and make new buildings with your set of diamond tools made from your chest full of diamond blocks wearing full diamond armor from the get go, then (as I have said before) you may as well be playing creative."

Here's where I keep the "fuck you" portion of my response. I have never EVER said that. You made the assumption that this is how I want to play and now you're trying to cram it down my throat to prove your point. Forget that I actually kind of agree with the idea of starting over again (AFTER just seeing what happens for the lulz). No, no... since you've come to the conclusion that this is how I play and how I want everyone else to play, then I guess that's how it is, right?

Forgive me if I seem upset, but I am. This is not the first time you've come to your own conclusions about how I want to play and about what sort of person I am. I had hoped that after the first time it wouldn't happen again, at least not on this kind of scale, but I guess I was wrong. I don't think it's fair at all and wanted to say my piece, since you aren't responding to me.