Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 02:02 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=5010.msg179522#msg179522 date=1287546822]
[quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=5010.msg179492#msg179492 date=1287536072]
[quote author=Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link=topic=5010.msg179444#msg179444 date=1287518124]
[quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=5010.msg179440#msg179440 date=1287517434]
I have the best karma.

Mine rapes yours bro, just sayin'
[/quote]inb4 tardle thinks he's cool or something
[/quote]

*brofive*
[/quote]*brofive*

/late
[/quote]

you're all dummies

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-23-2010

After yesterday's photographic fail, I've come across something strangely inspiring.

I want to build this.

[Image: 1287818692880.png]
Unless of course the next update is of a magnitude worthy of ignoring creative altogether.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - copulatingduck - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 02:50 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: After yesterday's photographic fail, I've come across something strangely inspiring.

I want to build this.

[Image: az_kylgal_dalaran.jpg]
Unless of course the next update is of a magnitude worthy of ignoring creative altogether.

ftfy

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Didzo - 10-23-2010

D:

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 02:50 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: After yesterday's photographic fail, I've come across something strangely inspiring.

I want to build this.

[Image: 1287818692880.png]

Do it o.=.O

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 10-23-2010

That would be epic.

You MUST do this.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 10-23-2010

Do it in Hell for bonus awesome.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Gasman - 10-23-2010

I did some testing yesterday on Demonspork's server to see how tnt works in SMP under different stimuli. Long story short, the man cannon is an impossible concept in SMP.

What I did was place tnt in and out of water and triggered it with redstone. Both times the explosion didn't render, didn't create a shockwave needed to propel objects around, and while out of water, the tnt made a crater in the ground, which I think means that redstone makes tnt behave like someone else triggered it, so your client doesn't register the explosion.

The next test was to see if tnt could trigger other tnt within the blast radius. I placed tnt 3 stacks high in water and placed another tnt behind the stack in the water. I whacked the one stack high tnt and stood back to look at what would happen. the whacked tnt did what it should do, exploded, and did not trigger the 3 stack of tnt. I do not know why. I may try again later today with the tnt outside of water.

So, tl;dr: there will be no sheep making low orbit go into in SMP

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - KarthXLR - 10-23-2010

Can't talk about no floating islands without mentioning ZEAL.

[Image: ctworldmapzeal.gif]

#15 - Corridors of Time (Zeal Theme) - Chrono Trigger

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-23-2010

gee, gasman..... i hope this testing is not taking place on my front lawn, or imma have to crack some skulls.....

also i like this version better:
Konata Healing Springs

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Gasman - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 04:59 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: gee, gasman..... i hope this testing is not taking place on my front lawn, or imma have to crack some skulls.....

No no, my dear Vixen, I perform any and all tests under rigidly enforced safety precautions in specially designed spaces (in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the server map, over a body of water, etc.)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 05:13 PM)Gasman link Wrote: No no, my dear Vixen, I perform any and all tests under rigidly enforced safety precautions in specially designed spaces (in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the server map, over a body of water, etc.)

[Image: glados_240px.jpg]
eye sEe...
f0r sciEnCe...

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 11:42 AM)Gasman link Wrote: What I did was place tnt in and out of water and triggered it with redstone.
redstone isnt fully working right now im pretty sure, therefore once redstone is fully implemented it will be fully working

I conducted the final test of tnt triggering other tnt outside of water, and I feel the need to say...

SUCCESS

Tnt does trigger other tnt just so long as both the first tnt and the second tnt are not in water, so this means that a cannon is theoretically possible. Just so long as the cannon and all surrounding landscape is obsidian, but that's easy enough to obtain.This also eliminates the need for water in the cannon. I am working on a simple trigger for the cannon, but I'm not sure how well it will work. I will need to experiment with how much tnt and where the tnt needs to go to find out what maximum distance is.

/for science

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-23-2010

So I figure I may as well say this since no one else has yet...

Quote:
Mast3r_Shak3r Wrote:
notch Wrote:
Gagtech Wrote:I dont suppose SMP will be getting damage with this halloween update, will it?
we'll see next week during the crunch.
PLEASE WE NEED THIS SOOO BAD!!
If it's not in for the 31'st, it will be soon after. SMP is highest priority.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-24-2010

(10-23-2010, 10:08 PM)backfire link Wrote: So I figure I may as well say this since no one else has yet...

notch Wrote:
Mast3r_Shak3r Wrote:
notch Wrote:
Gagtech Wrote:I dont suppose SMP will be getting damage with this halloween update, will it?
we'll see next week during the crunch.
PLEASE WE NEED THIS SOOO BAD!!
If it's not in for the 31'st, it will be soon after. SMP is highest priority.

We can only hope.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Hobospartan - 10-24-2010

My moms boyfriend owns a cabin in the mountains.

This is right down the road

[Image: p1030159u.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-24-2010

(10-24-2010, 11:49 AM)Hobospartan link Wrote: My moms boyfriend owns a cabin in the mountains.

[big fucking picture that takes a long time to load]

It's a sign. Literally. Someone is going to destroy Cielo.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-24-2010

Daily backups would render the destruction of Cielo a minor inconvenience at worst.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-24-2010

(10-24-2010, 01:14 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=5010.msg180168#msg180168 date=1287938955]
My moms boyfriend owns a cabin in the mountains.

[big fucking picture that takes a long time to load]

It's a sign. Literally. Someone is going to destroy Cielo.
[/quote]
I was thinking more like water-falls.