Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-26-2010

(10-26-2010, 11:02 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=5010.msg180471#msg180471 date=1288108258]
I have still NEVER seen a slime.

If you built blocks around a slime would that make it a snail?
[/quote]

deep stuff..... kinda like chicken and egg..... why are there no eggs btw.... i want omelette

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-26-2010

http://www.mediafire.com/?raea212xkr11we7
Chief Master Compilation 3.1

Updated main texture file and added a bunch of mods if you guys want to add them. Instructions in the .txt file.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-27-2010

New picture.

[Image: tumblr_lax4egvAp51qzb7ox.png]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-27-2010

can't wait for biomes...... i just hope they don't screw the maps up...... for one they need to be large enough so it won't feel like the map is patched together..... then of course i hope he does transitions right away :x if those hard cuts will stay like that and we start a new map or explore, they will stay forever =~~= and they will look like crap forever...... either way though i find this entire idea very very intriguing =o3o= needs volcanic wasteland too..... lava on surface and perhaps ashes covering the ground Big Grin

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-27-2010

i see your picture and raise you a video
Minecraft Biome Test

so is anyone really gonna complain about a new map now
the biomes should be bigger though in my opinion

also i think i see a bunch of new textures for a darker grassland or whatever, i cant really tell

also
[Image: 500x_100_1980.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-27-2010

creepy creeper......
notch tweeted (excuse me while i vomit for using that word) ....
... that he would increase the biome size before release..... and the debate over new-vs-old map has to die, so CAN IT.
biomes still need some work, but i'm already loving the concept.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-27-2010

I think there's currently way too much snow in biomes, but otherwise it's alright. Deserts should be bigger as well.

(10-27-2010, 05:49 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: I think there's currently way too much snow in biomes, but otherwise it's alright. Deserts should be bigger as well.
that's what i thought when the video started, but later on you see pretty large patches that are snow-free...... altogether you're probably right, though...... the balance between snow:grass should probably be no more than 1:10 or so..... currently it's much more than that.....

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-27-2010

I only see one type of grass, but I think the shade changes a tad as the camera angle moves up and down (maybe).

I only saw two types of biome, grassy and snowy.  Sand just looked to be used freely between the two.

edit: just ready his tumblr
Quote:To the right of the player is a Taiga (mostly over the ocean), to the left is either a Forest, or Woods, I can’t remember. In the distance is probably tundra.

Remaining work on biomes include letting them change the elevation (deserts, plains, tundras and swamps should all be flat), and changing the grass color depending on the biome type. The border between frozen biomes and not frozen ones will get way nicer.

The sky color changes slightly depending on how cold the area you are in is.

Hopefully they look more different from each other than the video, although I guess some of it could be due to the small size of biomes shown.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 10-27-2010

awesome

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-27-2010

Based on the number of users I am expecting to play on my server for the update I am going to run into serious load issues with this server.  Unless they magically added multithreading to the server as well as drastically decreased its memory and CPU load per player, my hardware won't handle all the players we have being on at one time.  Therefore, I have 2 or 3 options here.  

1) Use the VDS that the Green TF2 server is on, taking that offline for a few weeks while the update is new and just using that for minecraft until the hype calms down, then move it back to my dedicated box again.

2) upgrade my VDS (move to dual core with 2GB of RAM instead of single core with 1GB) and run minecraft in addition to the TF2 server.   The issue with this is that I am not ready to push more money out of my pocket to upgrade the specs on that server

3) find a temporary alternate host. My dedicated hardware can comfortably handle about 15 players, maxing out at 18 or 20, so when the hype for the update dies down a bit it will move back

UPDATE:  There is now a donate button at http://minecraft.brbuninstalling.com that will go towards helping with the VDS that has TF2 Green and will hopefully soon be running the minecraft server to handle the extra load from the update

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-28-2010

^^^this
sadly i can't part from any money right now since i made a major purchase just recently (got adobe CS5 whoot) but i've spread the word out as much as i could which i hope will bear some fruit (i bat eyelashes)
seriously all them options seem like they don't come easy.... i hope we can work it out somehow :x
also if it's a matter of running 2 minecraft instances for old and new map (and i will kill you if you chime in on this, darkchief), i'd be ok if you'd simply start a new map... i'm not sure about the others, but after this had been discussed the last time, i had the feeling most of us felt the same... however if instances don't matter and it's just pure player amount, disregard this completely... keep us posted pls

Edit: i just had a confirmation that 2 of my friends teamed up and submitted some moola to you <3

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-28-2010

Thank you very much Vixxen, it is a player count issue - we overloaded the current server sometimes on weekends. This update is probably going to bring in 30 or more players, so we need some more oomph behind the server this time.  I am going to keep the old map up and running as long as the new map stays on the VDS.  We need to get a ruleset for the new map drafted before the update hits though.

1. Don't be a dick
2. Respect other player's space and work.
3. Don't make a pit mine and leave it open - either build something on top of the open pit or cover the entrance with a few layers of dirt or something.
4. Don't strip the sand from beaches leaving them wide open - if you need sand try to leave some behind so the beach still looks nice or at least replace the sand you take with dirt so the grass grows to the edge of the water.
5. Don't go unnecessarily far away, it just generates unnecessary map area, so just go far enough to get a clear area to do what you want to do.
6. Admins have the final word to decide if you are breaking the aforementioned rules.

please post revisions and ideas

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Hobospartan - 10-28-2010

I don't mind people destroying beaches, only when they do it near established communities, i.e. the fuckhole who tnt'd the shit out of the beach near cielo

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-28-2010

(10-28-2010, 07:46 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: I don't mind people destroying beaches, only when they do it near established communities, i.e. the fuckhole who tnt'd the shit out of the beach near cielo

any beach is a potential future "near-something" beach..... no beach should look like someone bulldozed over it to farm sand or whatever. it looks like crap and i had to fix several beaches already which always was a big waste of time i could have used on my projects. also the water currents that this kind of stripping sometimes generates are nothing short of annoying since they are a pain in the arse to fix.

so far the rules sound good..... #5 seems kinda vague though..... i mean i like the idea, but it's kinda hard to control...... imma think about it for a bit

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Didzo - 10-28-2010

6. Admins reserve the right to modify the rules as they see fit.

A catch-all for avoiding arguments and bullshit.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - chronomaster - 10-29-2010

(10-28-2010, 08:12 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: so far the rules sound good..... #5 seems kinda vague though..... i mean i like the idea, but it's kinda hard to control...... imma think about it for a bit
I mean, it's not something really enforceable, sure, but it's a guideline to follow. Again, it comes down to the admins on whether a move far out is an abuse and for the action to be taken.

It might be vague, but the intent is clear. Don't create unnecessary clutter.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-29-2010

PC Gamer - Minecraft Halloween Update - Building a Slip gate

Minecraft Halloween Update  Slipgate Adventures 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/29/minecraft-halloween-update-hands-on/

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 05:59 AM)backfire link Wrote: PC Gamer - Minecraft Halloween Update - Building a Slip gate

Minecraft Halloween Update   Slipgate Adventures 1

Shrooms in hell? Intresting... Also, we need to get a UAC logo on that gate o.=.O

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 09:21 AM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg180899#msg180899 date=1288349963]
PC Gamer - Minecraft Halloween Update - Building a Slip gate

Minecraft Halloween Update   Slipgate Adventures 1

Shrooms in hell? Intresting... Also, we need to get a UAC logo on that gate o.=.O
[/quote]

Eating hell shrooms... delicious.

But this looks super awesome... I'm so excited