Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-29-2010

Ok so first off the blood cobblestone or whatever its called is basically an infinite lit log so the lanterns are somewhat useless now aren't they.

Second, has anyone decided how where going to protect the spawn (i.e. gated community, etc.) cuz since the map is constantly going through the day/night cycle it would suck if you login for the first time at the spawn and theres a zombie or something there and *BAM* dead. I don't know if anyone has thought about this I was just wondering.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 12:08 PM)TITAN_001 link Wrote: Ok so first off the blood cobblestone or whatever its called is basically an infinite lit log so the lanterns are somewhat useless now aren't they.

Second, has anyone decided how where going to protect the spawn (i.e. gated community, etc.) cuz since the map is constantly going through the day/night cycle it would suck if you login for the first time at the spawn and theres a zombie or something there and *BAM* dead. I don't know if anyone has thought about this I was just wondering.

Well actually yes -.=.- originally back in ye current server there's the shelter in central. Back when I built it, it could have easily been converted to a walled-in shelter... then we encountered a problem. We realized the spawn wasn't there >.=.>

This time we hope to actually build the goddamned shelter OVER THE SPAWN -.=.-

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-29-2010

Only admins will be able to help build the spawn shelter (at least the middle of it) because normal players can't build/destroy anything in that spawn block

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 03:08 PM)demonspork link Wrote: Only admins will be able to help build the spawn shelter (at least the middle of it) because normal players can't build/destroy anything in that spawn block

Good cuz I don't want to login and die right away Big Grin

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 03:08 PM)demonspork link Wrote: Only admins will be able to help build the spawn shelter (at least the middle of it) because normal players can't build/destroy anything in that spawn block

Backfire's an admin right?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 04:30 PM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: [quote author=demonspork link=topic=5010.msg180943#msg180943 date=1288382934]
Only admins will be able to help build the spawn shelter (at least the middle of it) because normal players can't build/destroy anything in that spawn block

Backfire's an admin right?
[/quote]i used to be admin Sad

anyways i just thought of something that might cause problems
wouldnt hell/the slip be another map entirely, therefore causing problems with running the two maps on the servers period?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-29-2010

(10-29-2010, 12:08 PM)TITAN_001 link Wrote: Second, has anyone decided how where going to protect the spawn

problem solved, next in line

[Image: unbenanntjc.png]

only thing about this design, i still wonder how altitude changes figure out in hell..... i mean if you build a portal near the sky limit, will you turn out higher in hell or not...... i wouldn't see how that's a problem with protecting your portals like that, but i'm just curious about that.

EDIT: silly me, confused spawn with portal...... same concept can be applied to spawn though...... build a mote or something around it and light the area well..... no big deal

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-29-2010

1. Don't be a dick
2. Respect other player's space and work.
3. Don't make a pit mine and leave it open - either build something on top of the open pit or cover the entrance with a few layers of dirt or something.
4. Don't strip the sand from beaches leaving them wide open - if you need sand try to leave some behind so the beach still looks nice or at least replace the sand you take with dirt so the grass grows to the edge of the water.
5. Don't take trips simply to expand the map, only go exploring when you need a clear place to build something.
6. Admins reserve the right to modify the rules as they see fit.

Shortly after map creation I am going to take a picture of the map and then designate a continent (a contiguous body of land surrounded by water) That I am going to designate "The Wasteland". This area is going to be completely unprotected, nothing you build there is sacred and none of the other rules will apply to this land. It will be perfect for unrestricted strip mining.

As far as the address for the server, minecraft.brbuninstalling.com will be redirected to the new server, and spork5.it.cx will still point to the old server as long as people keep playing.  http://spork5.it.cx will still hold the images of the old map, but http://minecraft.brbuninstalling.com will hold the images of the new server.

PM Me if you think you should be a minecraft admin, although I may just use the TF2 admin list instead.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 10-30-2010

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2010&month=10&day=31&hour=00&min=00&sec=00&p0=239

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-30-2010

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but with the update are the textures I have installed  currently going to go away after the update.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 11:27 AM)TITAN_001 link Wrote: This is gonna sound like a stupid question but with the update are the textures I have installed  currently going to go away after the update.
I was going to say no, but when I thought about it, I think it will.  Since the update will add new blocks, that means new textures, which means the skin image will be patched.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-30-2010

in case you didn't understand what backfire posted:
THERE IS LESS THAN 4 HOURS UNTIL SUNDAY IN SWEDEN

so the update will hopefully pop up then, as soon as I am able to download the new server files I will put the server up at minecraft.brbuninstalling.com    The old server is still available with the old map at spork5.it.cx.

1. Don't be a dick
2. Respect other player's space and work.
3. Don't make a pit mine and leave it open - either build something on top of the open pit or cover the entrance with a few layers of dirt or something.
4. Don't strip the sand from beaches leaving them wide open - if you need sand try to leave some behind so the beach still looks nice or at least replace the sand you take with dirt so the grass grows to the edge of the water.
5. Don't take trips simply to expand the map, only go exploring when you need a clear place to build something.
6. Admins reserve the right to modify the rules as they see fit.
7. Don't build any phallic symbols unless you intend to build them epicly large (50 blocks tall at least)

Admin List:
demonspork
Luinbariel
HeK
Metal_Vixxen
Stein3
TheDarkChief
backfire21

Still looking for more of them, if you are interested, PM me and ask.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Hobospartan - 10-30-2010

You know what, stipping sand from beaches shouldn't be a problem, since we'll have deserts now

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 01:32 PM)demonspork link Wrote: Admin List:
demonspork
Luinbariel
HeK
Metal_Vixxen
Stein3
TheDarkChief
backfire21
jeez thats a lot of admins
but okay im on there, sweetums

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-30-2010

also
Quote:Oh nuts, I can't get the portal to work in SMP in time. I'll add a flag to start in either normal or Nether mode so you can try it in smp
oh, notch

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 02:49 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: also
Quote:Oh nuts, I can't get the portal to work in SMP in time. I'll add a flag to start in either normal or Nether mode so you can try it in smp
oh, notch
wait, so whats happening?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 03:44 PM)TITAN_001 link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg181154#msg181154 date=1288468143]
also
oh, notch
[/quote]

probably lets you either gen a normal map or a hell map, no switching in SMP i guess

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 03:47 PM)diglett link Wrote: [quote author=TITAN_001 link=topic=5010.msg181160#msg181160 date=1288471448]
[quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg181154#msg181154 date=1288468143]
also
oh, notch
[/quote]

probably lets you either gen a normal map or a hell map, no switching in SMP i guess
[/quote]
Yeah, that's what Notch is saying.

Sad

(10-30-2010, 03:48 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=diglett link=topic=5010.msg181161#msg181161 date=1288471632]
[quote author=TITAN_001 link=topic=5010.msg181160#msg181160 date=1288471448]
[quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg181154#msg181154 date=1288468143]
also
oh, notch
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, that's what Notch is saying.

Sad
[/quote]

So then will we stick with the normal map and wait for the switching to work ???

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-30-2010

The update has dropped, but the site is down so I can't get the server files. If any of you can find someone who is hosting the server files elsewhere, LINK ME TO THEM.