Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-30-2010

no dying torches? hell i can live with that
EXCITEMENT!
also i made admin whee ty [Image: meow.gif]

EDIT:
got it downloaded and am experimenting around......

CRAFT A WATCH: same as compass, only with gold ingots around

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-30-2010

so since the torches arent going to die did he still make the lanterns?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-30-2010

[Image: tumblr_lb4gltVyaH1qzb7ox.png]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 10-30-2010

so i went down my mineshaft to get some obsidian. i knew the perfect cavern that had some lava in it...... i go down and got greeted by 3 creepers..... i consider my shafts well lit and STILL i kept seeing creepers all over the place...... bottom of the map is DANGEROUS, so be careful and bring a shitload of torches
also i went fishing...... caught me some fish :3 system is similar to the one in WoW if that rings a bell to any of you guys..... cast rod, wait for splash, pull in..... fish don't stack and i haven't eaten any yet..... hrrm hang on......

*loud noises*

fish by itself heals 1 heart.... you can cook it.....
cooked fish heals 2.5 hearts

edit: another pro tip: portals are noisy..... don't build one in your home.....

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - shoopfox - 10-30-2010

I love that exiting hell through the portal you came in takes you to a totally different place @_@

(10-30-2010, 05:30 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: I love that exiting hell through the portal you came in takes you to a totally different place @_@
this......
i went to hell (freaked out there.... the noises will keep me awake tonight) and when i went back, i landed like 50 blocks away from the original portal.......
also the transition takes too long in my opinion =._.= ack

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-30-2010

if anyone hasnt edited their .minecraft folder yet, please put your bin and resources folder in a zip file and host it so people who cannot connect to minecraft can at least get the files to play it, thanks

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-30-2010

I think we just need to relocate the spawn on the old map. The main reasons for a new map were A) wealth (box duping is inflating rare material quantities) B) Danger - we can mine without risk of death from monsters  C) Minecarts - We can use them as a more established transportation system  and D) Hell (The Slip) would allow us to travel quickly without using a mod like runecraft

Of those 4 reasons to start a new map 0% of them actually occur with this update and thus I move that we put the old map back in place after moving the spawn to a new biome.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - TITAN_001 - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 05:43 PM)demonspork link Wrote: I move that we put the old map back in place after moving the spawn to a new biome.

So does that mean... A NEW CITY  Big Grin

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 10-30-2010

(10-30-2010, 04:27 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: no dying torches? hell i can live with that
EXCITEMENT!
also i made admin whee ty [Image: meow.gif]
[b]
*high five*

I'm not going to hell yet.  I am, however, extending my sky-bridges out into new territory to try and find desert/snow.

(10-30-2010, 05:42 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: if anyone hasnt edited their .minecraft folder yet, please put your bin and resources folder in a zip file and host it so people who cannot connect to minecraft can at least get the files to play it, thanks

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE PULLING THE PATCH FOR MINECRAFT:
unedited, young and sexy, like it's owner - GET IT HERE
should the page display in russian for you too, just hit the button with the downwards pointing arrow (in case you didn't figure that one out)

(10-30-2010, 05:43 PM)demonspork link Wrote: Of those 4 reasons to start a new map 0% of them actually occur with this update and thus I move that we put the old map back in place after moving the spawn to a new biome.

i second that notion.... too bad, but let's hope SMP gets the attention it deserves soon

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-30-2010

I came up with a reason to continue with this new map thing: IMAGE GENERATION
it takes 3 hours minimum (doing it on my desktop) to generate the image and then like an hour to upload the image that is generated. It takes 7 hours to do it on my server (when it is working right) so I think I will just keep the old map online and we can play in this new, smaller, wonderlander until beta, and we make new map when beta is release.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-31-2010

(10-30-2010, 08:08 PM)demonspork link Wrote: I came up with a reason to continue with this new map thing: IMAGE GENERATION
it takes 3 hours minimum (doing it on my desktop) to generate the image and then like an hour to upload the image that is generated. It takes 7 hours to do it on my server (when it is working right) so I think I will just keep the old map online and we can play in this new, smaller, wonderlander until beta, and we make new map when beta is release.

The image generator is not, for some reason, rendering the area of the map that I am currently on. I don't know why, but none of the nearby landmarks or structures I've built show up on the image. I'm just dead east of spawn past the snow region. I am sad.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - MasterGH - 10-31-2010

I've chosen to build on the the desert area currently situated at the top of the overhead map. If you look closely on the top of one of the sand hills you'll see my beginning work. I'd appreciate it if people could avoid taking large quantities of sand from it without asking, or building huge things there, since I have some plans for expanding across quite a bit of that area.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-31-2010

Regular images are going to take a bit longer to get set up - I need to write a script that will connect to a remote server, transfer the world backup, extract the world backup, then run the image generation.  http://spork5.it.cx/brbminecrafting-overview is the image that will be updated over time - this one isn't going to have multiple versions, it is just going to be updated regularly because it knows which chunks have actually changed and which images need updating.  This is possible via a program called Minecraft-Overview and is powered by Google Maps which makes it amazing.  I want to figure out a way to use this to mark where a player is when the image is generated, but we shall see if that is possible.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 10-31-2010

(10-31-2010, 02:16 PM)demonspork link Wrote: Regular images are going to take a bit longer to get set up - I need to write a script that will connect to a remote server, transfer the world backup, extract the world backup, then run the image generation.  http://spork5.it.cx/brbminecrafting-overview is the image that will be updated over time - this one isn't going to have multiple versions, it is just going to be updated regularly because it knows which chunks have actually changed and which images need updating.  This is possible via a program called Minecraft-Overview and is powered by Google Maps which makes it amazing.  I want to figure out a way to use this to mark where a player is when the image is generated, but we shall see if that is possible.

What direction is north on that map? I'm so confused when I look at these things.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 10-31-2010

I think north is the bottom left corner, the program doesn't support changing that at this time, and even if it gets added in we will probably be too used to this by then

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 10-31-2010

working on chief master compilation 4 that will work with halloween update, updated textures, some .exe files to 'help' if you want, along with other mods and stuff
if there's a mod or something that you think is cool (not textures dont worry i got that all done) PM me and ill put em in if i think its awesome like me
thanks bros <3

oh, i do need a good creeper texture though, if you know one, pm that as well

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 10-31-2010

..Ekarus Ryndren reporting live from The Nether.... It's fucking creepy... I don't want to leave my bunker...... and Ghasts are flammable... (They also make a fucking creepy noise.)

*Standing outside base* Fuck that shit, abandoning The Slip gate facility and going back to MP where shit ain't so creepy. *Mountain side explodes*

In retrospect I probably spent a longer time setting up the base and the self-destruct than exploring the slip... BUT WHATEVER

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Duck, Duck, Goose - 11-01-2010

fyi buckets are disappearing from my inventory and furnaces are glitched as fuck (stuff disappears/doesn't smelt)