Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 11-01-2010

Well this is just annoying...

So I have three different hellgates set up in the overworld. Originally had one in my lake far outside by base, one across the area deep in an obsidian mine, and one I just put up in my base.

They all lead to the same place in hell, after destroying my original gate on the lake, it just made a new "exit" portal right NEXT to the lake.

This is kinda lame.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 03:15 AM)backfire link Wrote: Well this is just annoying...

So I have three different hellgates set up in the overworld. Originally had one in my lake far outside by base, one across the area deep in an obsidian mine, and one I just put up in my base.

They all lead to the same place in hell, after destroying my original gate on the lake, it just made a new "exit" portal right NEXT to the lake.

This is kinda lame.
I hope its just a new "bug" that will be fixed.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 03:15 AM)backfire link Wrote: Well this is just annoying...

This is kinda lame.

yeah i had that same problem that when i return from hell, i end up not in the same portal in the overworld, but far away....... THAT portal, when used, however brings me back to the same the other one does...... i yet have to try building a new portal in the nether..... i had some..... let's call it "failed communication" with the pig people down there...... they don't play nice..... yeah.....

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 11-01-2010

this is how hellgates work

1. you put down a gate and activate it. it searches hell for the closest relative spot
2. if something is in the way, it searches for the closest OPEN spot. this isnt always where your hellgate is on the upper part of the level
3. this means you can put a gate down on, say 1,1,10 and in hell, 1,1,10 is filled with lava but 1,2,10 is not. it will put your gate in hell on 1,2,10, and when you use that gate it will attempt to put itself on 1,2,10 above ground. if that's taken, well, shit. it'll usually have to travel a ways away to actually get to a useable spot, so you end up pretty far from your original spot.

i hope he just makes it so that hell gates go in the exact same spot in hell and just have them clear out a 10x10x10 area so you dont end up teleporting a million miles from your base

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 11-01-2010

I've seen a couple of randies on lately, and I just wanna check and make sure that at least someone from here knows them and they aren't actually just random people.

We've got:

elfo
nootcakes
nobile

and there were a couple other names that I haven't seen on here at all, but yeah. I don't like bitching and I'm not trying to.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 11-01-2010

Totaly Relevant
[Image: cedb96e5-19fd-47f2-8e25-4eb4021302dd.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 11-01-2010

Zaius here, reporting the discovery of a medium sized continent, Borreta, found southeast of spawn continent.

Colonization is in progress.
[Image: ScreenShot084.jpg]

Lush forests, Emerald Mountains and inland lakes.
[Image: ScreenShot080.jpg]

Other awesome land formations.
[Image: ScreenShot078.jpg]

Oh and I figured out where the hell I was lost at for the past two days. Turns out its in the exact spot on the oblique image that didn't render so I wasn't seeing my landmarks. Figures.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 11-01-2010

wow, that owns

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 11-01-2010

http://www.mediafire.com/?y87kdq85mapp8bt

chief master compilation v4
enjoy it, it looks very good, especially in the nether i think

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - sk8mystery23 - 11-01-2010

Oh hey there. By the way.
Quote:Survival Mode Multiplayer is priority #1
I just finished moving minecraft.net to a new server, and it’s looking fairly stable. I fixed a few bugs with creative mode, so that should be working now as well.

Now I will rest for a few days, as I’m utterly exhausted. After that, I will get cracking on Survival Mode Multiplayer, as it’s still the highest priority for the game.

There’s a bug in there now where the cpu usage will shoot up through the roof sometimes, and I think that’s related to lighting. Immediately after the release, there was a hang bug where lighting would go into an infinite loop sometimes on existing loaded maps. I “fixed” that by making the loop always terminate after a certain number of iterations. My guess of what’s going on now is that the lighting probably keeps going into that loop over and over again.

The biggest features that need fixing are;

* Fixing the performance issues
* Health and working enemies
* Finishing up the inventory code so the dupe bugs/glitches go away
* Figuring out how to run both the normal world and the nexus in parallel.

I also want to make the portals able to teleport players between servers, both on different IPs and just to a different port on the same IP. Player equipment will follow through the portal and everything! (that will be agreed upon between the servers, so they don’t have to trust the client)

[edit:]

Oh, and the secret artist is Junkboy. Check out some of his stuff here:
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=10694.0
Source

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chief - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 09:18 PM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: Oh hey there. By the way.
where's your intro post
get over there and make one foo

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - sk8mystery23 - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 09:29 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=5010.msg181541#msg181541 date=1288664297]
Oh hey there. By the way.
where's your intro post
get over there and make one foo
[/quote]

Oh shi-.

/runz

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Metal_Vixxen - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 05:33 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?y87kdq85mapp8bt

POST DEM SCREENS!...... derp~

(11-01-2010, 09:54 PM)Metal_Vixxen link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5010.msg181504#msg181504 date=1288650821]
http://www.mediafire.com/?y87kdq85mapp8bt

POST DEM SCREENS!...... derp~
[/quote]no.
just backup your minecraft.jar, dont be a lazy ass
and dont call me lazy because im the one who put it together

(11-01-2010, 10:05 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: no.
just backup your minecraft.jar, dont be a lazy ass
and dont call me lazy because im the one who put it together

you call me lazy, i didn't call you such and had no intention to either....
it's just i have no clue what it is you keep offering here..... and thus i have no interest in it.
a couple of screens go a long way if you want people to actually look at what you have to offer in the first place.....
just trying to help out.... geez~

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 11-01-2010

Good work, dickchief

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 11-02-2010

I'm a photowhore today.

Map showing where I was lost for two days, as well as the location of Borreta. I'm really digging this application you use, Demon. Only gripe is that the directions (or what we'd call directions) are completely switched around on this, north is south obliquely, etc.
[Image: ScreenShot096.jpg]

My test for blue Creepers, chilling out having a pool party.
[Image: ScreenShot094.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Gasman - 11-02-2010

Is there a way to get some insurance policy on my all-wood resort in the new server? Me and Sk8's house were hit by a griefer who planted trees on our front lawn and in our farm, and I fear that someone will "help expand" my fireplace to the rest of the resort.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 11-02-2010

(11-02-2010, 12:36 AM)Gasman link Wrote: Is there a way to get some insurance policy on my all-wood resort in the new server? Me and Sk8's house were hit by a griefer who planted trees on our front lawn and in our farm, and I fear that someone will "help expand" my fireplace to the rest of the resort.

Currently fire doesn't spread (or start), who knows if it'll stay that way though

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - demonspork - 11-02-2010

Fire is intentionally nerfed to limit that threat - but if they do manage to set it on fire, fire still spreads. The server is going to do a backup every 8 hours from now on (and an image update).  If anyone notices any sort of major griefing, such as a major structure burnt to the ground, immediately tell me.  Send me a PM here or an email immediately and I will investigate and consider if it is worth it to restore from the backup.