Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 08-26-2011

(08-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: So is there ANY word/speculation on when the adventure update is coming?

THE FUTURE!

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 08-26-2011

(08-26-2011, 10:45 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: So is there ANY word/speculation on when the adventure update is coming?

Jens says he wants to get it out by next week.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 08-27-2011

(08-26-2011, 11:17 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5010.msg220491#msg220491 date=1314416713]
So is there ANY word/speculation on when the adventure update is coming?

[/quote]

I'd be so happy if that happened but I'm pretty sure, while I was watching the live stream, I heard Notch say that the bigger height limit isn't coming with 1.8 and that's what I want really bad.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 08-27-2011

(08-27-2011, 02:56 PM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg220497#msg220497 date=1314418667]
[quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5010.msg220491#msg220491 date=1314416713]
So is there ANY word/speculation on when the adventure update is coming?

[/quote]

I'd be so happy if that happened but I'm pretty sure, while I was watching the live stream, I heard Notch say that the bigger height limit isn't coming with 1.8 and that's what I want really bad.
[/quote]

Though, he did say he made it easier for it to be modded to be higher for some odd reason, so look for one of those mods within the week or so.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 08-29-2011

There were 7 Wolves in my Wolf kennel last I checked, there are now 19.

???

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 08-29-2011

(08-29-2011, 02:48 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: There were 7 Wolves in my Wolf kennel last I checked, there are now 19.

???

Nature happened.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Hobospartan - 08-29-2011

(08-29-2011, 02:48 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: There were 7 Wolves in my Wolf kennel last I checked, there are now 19.

???

Life found a way

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - k0ala - 08-30-2011

(08-29-2011, 10:29 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5010.msg220771#msg220771 date=1314647312]
There were 7 Wolves in my Wolf kennel last I checked, there are now 19.

???

Life found a way

[/quote]
[Image: o1M4j.jpg]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 08-31-2011

Made a meat storage locker.

Torches for illumination would melt the ice, ruining the effect, so I used redstone repeaters as the lights. Works pretty well, cool light delays can be done too, like fluorescent lights flickering on.

javaw 2011-08-31 20-18-02-04.avi

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-02-2011

Man you know what'd be awesome?

If when 1.8 came out and nearly everyone on the damn server had access to teleportation and crap. If you wanna move fast from one place to another then lay down a bloody rail. I mean why not just give everyone on the TF2 server 500hp and let everyone fly?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-05-2011

(09-02-2011, 08:59 PM)backfire link Wrote: Man you know what'd be awesome?

If when 1.8 came out and nearly everyone on the damn server had access to teleportation and crap. If you wanna move fast from one place to another then lay down a bloody rail. I mean why not just give everyone on the TF2 server 500hp and let everyone fly?

If the server daemon didn't suck up so much fucking RAM I would have put another server up for a select few cool people like us backfire, but I enjoy running two very successful and popular Killing Floor servers too much to stop them.

I might investigate putting one up at home when I get back from vacation though.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-06-2011

(09-05-2011, 06:03 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg221218#msg221218 date=1315015193]

If the server daemon didn't suck up so much fucking RAM I would have put another server up for a select few cool people like us backfire, but I enjoy running two very successful and popular Killing Floor servers too much to stop them.

I might investigate putting one up at home when I get back from vacation though.

[/quote]

Tell me if you get it up. I'm sure not just us would like to play in a server that isn't full of item spawning, godmode, teleporting and flying. It breaks all motivation playing on that server when I see others flying around at mach3 with their spawned diamond armor. Meanwhile I'm throwing together a makeshift hut while fending off skelies and creepers with a stick.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - ZargonX - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 08:03 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5010.msg221532#msg221532 date=1315263782]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg221218#msg221218 date=1315015193]

[/quote]

Tell me if you get it up. I'm sure not just us would like to play in a server that isn't full of item spawning, godmode, teleporting and flying. It breaks all motivation playing on that server when I see others flying around at mach3 with their spawned diamond armor. Meanwhile I'm throwing together a makeshift hut while fending off skelies and creepers with a stick.
[/quote]

That's pretty much why I stopped playing, so yeah, I'd be glad to see that too.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 08:51 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg221700#msg221700 date=1315357403]
[quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5010.msg221532#msg221532 date=1315263782]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's pretty much why I stopped playing, so yeah, I'd be glad to see that too.
[/quote]Having done and enjoyed both, I have to agree that having to work for it is more entertaining on the whole.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Chaosmonkey - 09-08-2011

1.8 gives me a half stalk. Can't wait.

Huh, guess I haven't logged into my forum account in forever. Forgot I had Rilnac's cat as an avatar.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-09-2011

I had the great idea of tapping my neighbors WiFi for a server, leaving this here so I don't forget. I have no idea what the bandwidth utilization is.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 09-10-2011

Played the 1.8 pre-release build tonight.
My 2 hour long play time condensed:

♦ Spawned in a huge forest, walked until I found a river (bodies of water are much deeper now, awesome)

♦ Followed the river southeast for a long while.

♦ Saw two Endermen my first night, watched them kill themselves in the river.

♦ Discovered that full hunger meter = regenerative health and raw food might poison you (currently bugged to buff you with half damage taken, I think).

♦ Traveled far far southeast and boated across an ocean, that shit was cool.

♦ Found a massive underground ravine and subsequently, an abandoned mine. These things are huge. They go on for a long ways in either direction.

♦ Found a blue spider dungeon and that's where I died.

Oh yeah, the new lighting makes the game look better by quite a bit (including sunrises/sunsets). Like a leap the magnitude of block lighting to the smooth lighting.

I did not find an npc village =[

Cons: I noticed much more intense lag spiking during terrain generation and after a certain amount of time, probably because so many chunks were loaded/generated.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 09-10-2011

(09-06-2011, 08:03 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5010.msg221532#msg221532 date=1315263782]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Once 1.8 is released by the bukkit team we are getting all new plugins and no flight on the regular map but we will have a creative map and maybe a aether(skylands world) so people will have to walk in then, and lay tracks.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-10-2011

I keep crashing like crazy. I can't go 7 minutes 40 seconds without some sorta "Minecraft has run out of memeory" crash. :-\

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 09-10-2011

(09-10-2011, 05:10 AM)backfire link Wrote: I keep crashing like crazy. I can't go 7 minutes 40 seconds without some sorta "Minecraft has run out of memeory" crash. :-\

Change your render distance down to normal.  If you follow _Jeb he said that that was a bug he still couldn't fix.