Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-10-2011

(09-05-2011, 06:03 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg221218#msg221218 date=1315015193]
Man you know what'd be awesome?

If when 1.8 came out and nearly everyone on the damn server had access to teleportation and crap. If you wanna move fast from one place to another then lay down a bloody rail. I mean why not just give everyone on the TF2 server 500hp and let everyone fly?

If the server daemon didn't suck up so much fucking RAM I would have put another server up for a select few cool people like us backfire, but I enjoy running two very successful and popular Killing Floor servers too much to stop them.

I might investigate putting one up at home when I get back from vacation though.

[/quote]

So apparently the whine factor is much too high so I won't even bother to try.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-17-2011

Okay moving topic of the server over here..

Does anyone have any slime balls? I need to make intricate piston mechanics and haven't seen any slimes. ???

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 06:18 AM)backfire link Wrote: Okay moving topic of the server over here..

Does anyone have any slime balls? I need to make intricate piston mechanics and haven't seen any slimes. ???
Not yet, they only spawn in certain chunks and then only waaaay down underground from what I recall. Once someone finds some, we need to pool our resources to farm them.

I must make a retractable drawbridge to keep the endermen out.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 06:30 AM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5010.msg223054#msg223054 date=1316258306]
Okay moving topic of the server over here..

Not yet, they only spawn in certain chunks and then only waaaay down underground from what I recall. Once someone finds some, we need to pool our resources to farm them.

I must make a retractable drawbridge to keep the endermen out.
[/quote]

Here's a quick and skinny for Slimes.

They can only be spawned on certain chunks, there's a really bigass forumula based around the world seed to determine what chunks can and cannot spawn them. (Only about 10% can) There's a tool available that will highlight all chunks currently on the map that even have the capability of spawning them.

They will only spawn at or under level 16, so you need to go low

Light does not affect them, so find a spawn chunk, hollow out 3 block high floors over the entire chunk and 100% light it up, then hostile mobs can't spawn, only slimes. Light up every cave and the surface area above the Slime farm too, they share the spawn limit with normal hostile mobs.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-17-2011

Okay, found *one* slime. Didn't drop anything, but I carved out the entire area hoping to get a farm going. It *really* shouldn't be this hard to get materials for making a sticky piston, I mean they're rarer than diamonds.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 06:40 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay, found *one* slime. Didn't drop anything, but I carved out the entire area hoping to get a farm going. It *really* shouldn't be this hard to get materials for making a sticky piston, I mean they're rarer than diamonds.
they're renewable though. Leave the area and come back later, there will probably be more. Also, post the coordinates so we can figure out what chunk that's in.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Stein - 09-18-2011

Reading the 1.8.1 patch notes...

This looks flippin' fantastic!

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 09-20-2011

I loled.

[Image: DragonFree.png]

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-21-2011

Fucking Endermen moved like 30 blocks around in my Mushroom farm again, getting sick of this shit. Now I'm going to have to tear down the entire room and re-surface everything with double slab blocks.

Re: Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-21-2011

Put in a moat or make the room too short for them to spawn?

Re: Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-21-2011

(09-21-2011, 04:11 PM)at0m link Wrote: Put in a moat or make the room too short for them to spawn?

Redstone repeaters were the solution, they emit light level of 9, which is > the needed <= 7 Endermen will spawn in, and it's also < then maximum of 13 that mushrooms will grow in.

The room is a(n underground) bank of 3x5 mushroom troughs that are 6 blocks wide, 1 high, that would make shortening the room considerably difficult. =x

I love underground farming, so easy. in a 23x12xunderground space, I've got 768 crop blocks, 412 sugarcane and 256 cacti.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 09-26-2011

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-admn-nolagg-v1-17-prevent-common-lag-causes-on-your-server-1185.36986/

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 12:05 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-admn-nolagg-v1-17-prevent-common-lag-causes-on-your-server-1185.36986/

I like it.
I'll set it up locally for the configs then put it on the server.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Reevesith - 09-26-2011

Anyone else having fun dashing into Creepers, smacking them & sending their ass flying?

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 04:04 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: Anyone else having fun dashing into Creepers, smacking them & sending their ass flying?

The time I did this, I sent it backwards into Backfire and it killed him  :'(

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 04:21 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=5010.msg224327#msg224327 date=1317071047]
Anyone else having fun dashing into Creepers, smacking them & sending their ass flying?

The time I did this, I sent it backwards into Backfire and it killed him  :'(
[/quote]I slapped one off the side of Tolo, felt pretty good man

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Kirby - 09-26-2011

I used to poo-poo on cobblestone generators because I like making shit underground, so I never really need any absurd amounts of cobble for smelting or building with, and I always have a large abundance of it handy.

Stone bricks = yes.

I now have a quad feed automatic piston cobblestone generator system.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - at0m - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 04:57 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: I used to poo-poo on cobblestone generators because I like making shit underground, so I never really need any absurd amounts of cobble for smelting or building with, and I always have a large abundance of it handy.

Stone bricks = yes.

I now have a quad feed automatic piston cobblestone generator system.
I just wish there was a way to create the broken/mossy bricks :/

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Coelit - 09-28-2011

I uh... I accidentally TNT'ed..

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - VeraLapsa - 09-28-2011

How does one accidentally TNT now that TNT can be broken?