Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Minecraft (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4894)

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Hobospartan - 09-27-2010

Holy sweet mother of fuck

Building Megaobjects in Minecraft

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 09-27-2010

Nerevarine88
14 minutes ago 3

foreveralone.jpg

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Maxon - 09-27-2010

(09-27-2010, 11:12 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: Holy sweet mother of fuck

Sweet Zombie Jesus...That is the most impressive thing I think I've seen in Minecraft.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-27-2010

(09-27-2010, 10:05 PM)dagrett link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=5010.msg175630#msg175630 date=1285642826]
[quote author=dagrett link=topic=5010.msg175625#msg175625 date=1285642346]
w/e. it's a building game. building shouldnt take backseat to effing travel.

I don't see how having to travel has anything to do with building. You can build anything anywhere, so long as you don't get into territory disputes.

[/quote]
also i will never be a fan of resets because history is cyclical and all that. you end up with a lifespan on everything and it really makes people not want to play
[/quote]

Well, I guess as long HDD space doesn't become an issue, I guess we can just keep expanding out. It's actually possible to change the seed, so that'll never be an issue.

Only thing I find annoying though is the low cost on teleporters and waypoints. It's not just because I'm "butthurt" about the rail project becoming rendered useless, but the fact that minecarts in general will be pointless. Why use a minecart made of 6 metal which uses rails made from 6 metal and a stick per 16 tracks when you can just use a few cobblestone and 4 sig blocks and make a damn teleporter? Something that can easily transport you over a large amount of land instantly should, by the law of balance, cost more than to make a minecart/rail. Same reason why I think being able to use /home without any penalty is kinda cheep.

I dunno how you'd balance teleporters, but I'm hoping when notch implements proper alchemy (which hopefully might include some alchemic based teleporters), he'd balance it out somehow. I also sorta hope that he'd replace /home with say... a simple, low cost diagram that'll transport you to spawn, but you'd lose half/all your inventory/all your inventory but the things in your quickbar. Something to just give a penalty for having to resort to that.

Oh, I guess one issue though would be we'd keep expanding out so far, we'd never see each other again :-\

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 09-27-2010

No one is stopping you from building a mine cart.

If you want to play the game a certain way, then the cost of materials really means nothing, right? If you want to build a track and carts (when it works) then do so, and let other people build what they want to build to transport their stuff. Everyone lives.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - rilnac - 09-27-2010

Keep in mind it could be months before we have working minecarts in smp.

Mine carts also allow you to stop at anypoint - like a car, teleports are more like taking a plane.

I could see minecarts for shortrange travel and teleports for long range, they both have their place.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 09-28-2010

Minecarts are pretty fucking cool. I want to see some railway bridges crossing the ocean.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 09-28-2010

From Notch's Twitter:
"Good morning! Mails have been read. Lunch is about to be consumed. Then SMP will get worked on."

Hopefully Friday yields results for us.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - rilnac - 09-28-2010

MINECRAFT.NET IS UP EVERYONE IN TO THE POOL

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Whendilin - 09-28-2010

(09-27-2010, 11:12 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: Holy sweet mother of fuck

I was just about to post this shit. THIS MAKES ME WANT TO BUY THE GAME!!!

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Versus - 09-28-2010

(09-28-2010, 12:12 AM)rilnac link Wrote: MINECRAFT.NET IS UP EVERYONE IN TO THE POOL

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Dr. Zaius - 09-28-2010

Damn college getting in the way of my building. Whatever. I can't wait to see the new oblique image. Whoever has the giant stone pillar things to the east of my island is badass.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - beep beep diglett - 09-28-2010

(09-27-2010, 11:19 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: Nerevarine88
14 minutes ago 3

foreveralone.jpg

#
DefCharger
1 minute ago

What's it like having aspergers?

cool as hell but really that video is basically diagnosingautismspectrumdisorder.wmv

@backfire, make them a scenic ride and people will want to take them. i know teleporters are quicker but seriously one of the reasons people love this game is looking at the sights.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - backfire - 09-28-2010

(09-27-2010, 11:49 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: No one is stopping you from building a mine cart.

If you want to play the game a certain way, then the cost of materials really means nothing, right? If you want to build a track and carts (when it works) then do so, and let other people build what they want to build to transport their stuff. Everyone lives.

I know, but the question is, with teleporters, why would you? Why would you spend all the time and resources to lay down a track when you coulda spend a minute at each position with a few cobblestone to make a teleporter system. I'd just like it so effort+cost equals a proportional reward. Without game balance or giving players high speed/low cost methods of transportation, the game runs the risk of regressing into but a fancy version of creative. As of now (in a minecart-working world) the only reason for them are purely scenic. Teleporters should just cost more is all.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - DragonEkarus - 09-28-2010

(09-28-2010, 02:23 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=5010.msg175659#msg175659 date=1285649343]

I know, but the question is, with teleporters, why would you? Why would you spend all the time and resources to lay down a track when you coulda spend a minute at each position with a few cobblestone to make a teleporter system. I'd just like it so effort+cost equals a proportional reward. Without game balance or giving players high speed/low cost methods of transportation, the game runs the risk of regressing into but a fancy version of creative. As of now (in a minecart-working world) the only reason for them are purely scenic. Teleporters should just cost more is all.
[/quote]

Have you used the teleporters yet backfire? I don't know about everyone else but I get between three and five uses before a crash, there's at least an assumable chance that, that bug will not be fixed by the time minecarts are. And assuming you aren't traveling though a crash-prone area minecarts might be more stable.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - HeK - 09-28-2010

(09-28-2010, 12:12 AM)rilnac link Wrote: MINECRAFT.NET IS UP EVERYONE IN TO THE POOL

IB Pool is Closed.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - CaffeinePowered - 09-28-2010

(09-28-2010, 07:03 AM)HeK link Wrote: [quote author=rilnac link=topic=5010.msg175664#msg175664 date=1285650746]
MINECRAFT.NET IS UP EVERYONE IN TO THE POOL

IB Pool is Closed.
[/quote]

Build a pool in minecraft, put a ring of statues with afros around it to block people from going in

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 09-28-2010

Can a pyramid be too big? Mine is freaking huge so far. There was a mountain obstructing the view, so I killed the mountain!  >Sad

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - Luinbariel - 09-28-2010

(09-28-2010, 02:23 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=5010.msg175659#msg175659 date=1285649343]

[/quote]

My point was that if you liked something enough to fight for it, you wouldn't find it a chore to spend the time and resources on it.

Re: The Official Minecraft BRB,u Survival Multiplayer Omni-Thread - BS1 - 09-28-2010

16-bit ALU in minecraft