Be Right Back, Uninstalling
New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread (/showthread.php?tid=5776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 03-04-2012

Now wouldn't it be awesome if Valve released an item tool that allows you to turn a weapon into a strange variant?

Strange Iron Curtain, mmmmmm.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Sogo - 03-04-2012

(03-04-2012, 03:22 PM)«('«) link Wrote: Now wouldn't it be awesome if Valve released an item tool that allows you to turn a weapon into a strange variant?

Strange Iron Curtain, mmmmmm.

Strange Sentryfucker, mmmmmm.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Saxxy - 03-11-2012

Quote:Team Fortress 2’s transition to free-to-play is a stunning display of the potential of the F2P system. At the Game Developers Conference this week they announced that overall revenues for TF2 after the F2P transition were 12 times higher than monthly sales of the actual game pre-transition.
not a bad read

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Versus - 03-12-2012

i hope cod goes f2p

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Didzo - 03-13-2012

I've recently been having big problems with lag during TF2. At first I thought it was only on AMC's server, but apparently not so.

Anyway, it goes like this. I go on a server (such as Red, for example) and my ping looks fine (~70). Then, with no prior warning, the in-game voice starts dying and I can't hear anyone and there is massive lag, with the "lost connection to server" warning popping up every 15-30 seconds or slow. This started a few weeks back and I have no idea what has caused this issue and if somebody knows of a potential cause or solution, please let me know. I want to be able to play TF2.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - HeK - 03-14-2012

(03-13-2012, 09:43 PM)Didzo link Wrote: Anyway, it goes like this. I go on a server (such as Red, for example) and my ping looks fine (~70). Then, with no prior warning, the in-game voice starts dying and I can't hear anyone and there is massive lag, with the "lost connection to server" warning popping up every 15-30 seconds or slow. This started a few weeks back and I have no idea what has caused this issue and if somebody knows of a potential cause or solution, please let me know. I want to be able to play TF2.

Open netgraph, look for packet loss and choke?

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - CaffeinePowered - 03-14-2012

(03-13-2012, 09:43 PM)Didzo link Wrote: I've recently been having big problems with lag during TF2. At first I thought it was only on AMC's server, but apparently not so.

Anyway, it goes like this. I go on a server (such as Red, for example) and my ping looks fine (~70). Then, with no prior warning, the in-game voice starts dying and I can't hear anyone and there is massive lag, with the "lost connection to server" warning popping up every 15-30 seconds or slow. This started a few weeks back and I have no idea what has caused this issue and if somebody knows of a potential cause or solution, please let me know. I want to be able to play TF2.

Start by watching your netgraph, also get HLSW

In HLSW you can add in a server to 'monitor' remotely, you can see a little ping graph, now if you are not running TF2 at all and you see this ping graph spiking, you can eliminate TF2 itself as the problem and start looking externally at other stuff that might be gumming up your traffic.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Eightball - 03-19-2012

Whoops, posted this in the updates thread by accident

CommFT's Top10 plays of TF2 - January 2012

God damn I'm so mad about #1, I bet you I can do better harblegarblefarble. It was nice, and HL aces are super-rare, but this is really just blue team not pressuring them enough and being grouped up against a kritz demo. Ah well, props; movement and the first pipe were excellent.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 03-24-2012

Blahahahahhahaha.

That Euro TF2 server that I found has been using my FastDL server without permission?

It also happens to be a locked highlander comp server.... which just lost 15/24 players because they all now have copies of koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 which are actually mis-labeled copies of pl_buzzards_canyon, and they won't be able to join any server running the map until they figure out what's wrong. They also can't join any server running plr_hightower anymore either.

Every new map that ETF2L has, everyone who connects to their server will get bad copies of the map and won't be able to play anymore. Oh man.

[Image: epic_trollface.jpg]

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Neptune - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 02:18 PM)«('«) link Wrote: Blahahahahhahaha.

That Euro TF2 server that I found has been using my FastDL server without permission?

It also happens to be a locked highlander comp server.... which just lost 15/24 players because they all now have copies of koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 which are actually mis-labeled copies of pl_buzzards_canyon, and they won't be able to join any server running the map until they figure out what's wrong. They also can't join any server running plr_hightower anymore either.

Every new map that ETF2L has, everyone who connects to their server will get bad copies of the map and won't be able to play anymore. Oh man.

I'll +1 that again for being so thorough.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Luca Shoal - 03-24-2012

You've done good work there Kirbs.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Didzo - 03-24-2012

(03-14-2012, 08:28 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=5930.msg240975#msg240975 date=1331693010]
I've recently been having big problems with lag during TF2. At first I thought it was only on AMC's server, but apparently not so.

In HLSW you can add in a server to 'monitor' remotely, you can see a little ping graph, now if you are not running TF2 at all and you see this ping graph spiking, you can eliminate TF2 itself as the problem and start looking externally at other stuff that might be gumming up your traffic.
[/quote]

Well, now that I'm home for spring break, I can safely conclude that my TF2 problems were based on network issues. However, FPS on the netbook when using an external monitor hovers just above 30...

Booo. /:

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 03-25-2012

(03-24-2012, 03:35 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5930.msg241007#msg241007 date=1331731720]
[quote author=Didzo link=topic=5930.msg240975#msg240975 date=1331693010]

[/quote]

Well, now that I'm home for spring break, I can safely conclude that my TF2 problems were based on network issues. However, FPS on the netbook when using an external monitor hovers just above 30...

Booo. /:
[/quote]

What's your living arrangements at school? Do you live on campus? Probably per-living unit/wing/building/whatever bandwidth caps at the uni's end if so. How many schools now futz with Steam nowadays?

Not like I can really blame them though, imagine the load suddenly placed on their connection when thousands of students simultaneously start to download the latest 250MB TF2 patch.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - copulatingduck - 03-30-2012

it's official, people are still bad at this game, even checked for myself

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kor - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 01:06 AM)Duck link Wrote: it's official, people are still bad at this game, even checked for myself

FTP's: Brain-dead cannon fodder with zero tactical sense, common sense, or the good grace to commit ritual suicide to spare their family the dishonour of their pathetic, wretched existence. Even when they do manage some semblance of good play, it's entirely by serendipity, as if the universe itself shifted so one cunt -for a moment- could have a glimmer of what it is to play well.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Vongore - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 08:00 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=5930.msg242069#msg242069 date=1333087582]

FTP's: Brain-dead cannon fodder with zero tactical sense, common sense, or the good grace to commit ritual suicide to spare their family the dishonour of their pathetic, wretched existence. Even when they do manage some semblance of good play, it's entirely by serendipity, as if the universe itself shifted so one cunt -for a moment- could have a glimmer of what it is to play well.
[/quote]

and that's before they go sniper

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - copulatingduck - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 08:00 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=5930.msg242069#msg242069 date=1333087582]

[/quote]

lmao

I didn't get to experience that serendipity I guess. RTV spam to scramble teams seems like a long-lost tradition, instead it's people afk'ing in spawn spamming for trades.

Also apparently somebody on that server gifted a $100 ring from the item shop? Jeebus

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 04-05-2012

(03-20-2012, 05:06 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=«(''«) link=topic=6292.msg241498#msg241498 date=1332279926]
I noticed there's a euro TF2 server who seems to have decided it's a good idea to use my bandwidth for serving their maps without my consent, so I put a small rule in Apache that's redirecting every request for a map from those servers to the biggest bzip'ed map we have on the server. Should kill their server population every time someone requests a map now, because they'll all download the wrong map, and take a few minutes or so to do it.

slowclap.gif

Well Played
[/quote]

And on that note, we just hit 1950751 kB (1.81GB) of bad maps served to that comp server.

<snicker>

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - StolenToast - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 06:54 PM)«('«) link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=6292.msg241500#msg241500 date=1332281163]
[quote author=«(''«) link=topic=6292.msg241498#msg241498 date=1332279926]
I noticed there's a euro TF2 server who seems to have decided it's a good idea to use my bandwidth for serving their maps without my consent, so I put a small rule in Apache that's redirecting every request for a map from those servers to the biggest bzip'ed map we have on the server. Should kill their server population every time someone requests a map now, because they'll all download the wrong map, and take a few minutes or so to do it.

slowclap.gif

Well Played
[/quote]

And on that note, we just hit 1950751 kB (1.81GB) of bad maps served to that comp server.

<snicker>
[/quote]

HAHA!  I could imagine maybe the first 5 to 10 maps, but almost 2 GB worth? 

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Versus - 04-06-2012

nice