Be Right Back, Uninstalling
New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread (/showthread.php?tid=5776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - kaese - 02-05-2012

https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=97

WANT *foams at mouth*

actually, I want the BLU one with the Kritzkrieg

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - [SiN] Merc - 02-05-2012

(02-05-2012, 02:15 AM)Käse link Wrote: https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=97

WANT *foams at mouth*

When they get a spy one, I might just have to break down and buy it...

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Didzo - 02-05-2012

I want both a Heavy and Medic one. No way I'm spending that sort of money on a figurine though.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Sogo - 02-05-2012

[Image: 64AD0A4263190229DCF7A8DD9D37436A21EDE5BE]

Thanks Didzo

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Didzo - 02-05-2012

And thank you as well.  :-*

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 02-06-2012

Hurk.

I have 23 refined.

I want that rifle.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - [SiN] Merc - 02-06-2012

An Announcement for February 8th this week

Just an FYI to the other spy mains, or anyone who wants to join me.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 02-07-2012

Quote: Merc link=topic=5930.msg238656#msg238656 date=1328583020]

aka when spying took guile and actual sneakyness. Not having a faster M2 finger than career pyros.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - [SiN] Merc - 02-07-2012

(02-07-2012, 04:14 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5930.msg238656#msg238656 date=1328583020]

aka when spying took guile and actual sneakyness. Not having a faster M2 finger than career pyros.
[/quote]

I dunno. I still played balls to the walls revolver spy, with a minor in espionage, even back then. 'Course, you could intimidate people better in the past, most players didn't expect a spy to enter a screaming, frothing rage if they were stared at for more than a second, so the gun was more effective. That, and the decloak was SO much quieter, so you could get away with stealth a bit easier than now.

Of course, right clicking JUST FRAMES before getting axtingushed and escaping someone like Kirb or Caff while they spin in a circle trying desperately to find me is a fair tradeoff.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 02-08-2012

Quote: Merc link=topic=5930.msg238700#msg238700 date=1328656779]
[quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5930.msg238692#msg238692 date=1328649254]
[quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5930.msg238656#msg238656 date=1328583020]

[/quote]

I dunno. I still played balls to the walls revolver spy, with a minor in espionage, even back then. 'Course, you could intimidate people better in the past, most players didn't expect a spy to enter a screaming, frothing rage if they were stared at for more than a second, so the gun was more effective. That, and the decloak was SO much quieter, so you could get away with stealth a bit easier than now.

Of course, right clicking JUST FRAMES before getting axtingushed and escaping someone like Kirb or Caff while they spin in a circle trying desperately to find me is a fair tradeoff.
[/quote]

This is directly copy/paste'd from pyro.cfg

bind "CTRL" "+fuckmerc"
alias "+fuckmerc" "battlecry; cl_yawspeed 3000; +right; +attack"
alias "-fuckmerc" "-attack; -right; cl_yawspeed 210"

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - [SiN] Merc - 02-08-2012

(02-08-2012, 04:05 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5930.msg238700#msg238700 date=1328656779]
[quote author=Kirby the Dick link=topic=5930.msg238692#msg238692 date=1328649254]
[quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5930.msg238656#msg238656 date=1328583020]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is directly copy/paste'd from pyro.cfg

bind "CTRL" "+fuckmerc"
alias "+fuckmerc" "battlecry; cl_yawspeed 3000; +right; +attack"
alias "-fuckmerc" "-attack; -right; cl_yawspeed 210"

[/quote]

Dohohoho, dis slaps me on tony.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - backfire - 02-12-2012

Okay this has been extremely bugging me lately. For a while, I've only been getting what looks like around 30-40 fps, 10-20 in combat. I've tried everything I could to bump that back up, from lower the game quality to bare minimum, using an FPS config, but any of those has hardly any effect. I go and turn on cl_showfps and notice I'm actually getting around 50-90fps. Problem is, it's becoming nearly unplayable at this point.

Anyone have any idea how this works? Even though it looks like a slideshow in combat, I apparently am getting a minimum of 30 fps in those situations.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - matter11 - 02-12-2012

(02-12-2012, 10:08 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay this has been extremely bugging me lately. For a while, I've only been getting what looks like around 30-40 fps, 10-20 in combat. I've tried everything I could to bump that back up, from lower the game quality to bare minimum, using an FPS config, but any of those has hardly any effect. I go and turn on cl_showfps and notice I'm actually getting around 50-90fps. Problem is, it's becoming nearly unplayable at this point.

Anyone have any idea how this works? Even though it looks like a slideshow in combat, I apparently am getting a minimum of 30 fps in those situations.

over the past few months I've also noticed that my computer's performance while playing tf2 has dropped.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - CaffeinePowered - 02-13-2012

(02-12-2012, 10:08 PM)backfire link Wrote: Okay this has been extremely bugging me lately. For a while, I've only been getting what looks like around 30-40 fps, 10-20 in combat. I've tried everything I could to bump that back up, from lower the game quality to bare minimum, using an FPS config, but any of those has hardly any effect. I go and turn on cl_showfps and notice I'm actually getting around 50-90fps. Problem is, it's becoming nearly unplayable at this point.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

Use high, if your frames aren't high enough, use Max

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Kirby - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 07:24 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5930.msg239038#msg239038 date=1329102488]
Okay this has been extremely bugging me lately. For a while, I've only been getting what looks like around 30-40 fps, 10-20 in combat. I've tried everything I could to bump that back up, from lower the game quality to bare minimum, using an FPS config, but any of those has hardly any effect. I go and turn on cl_showfps and notice I'm actually getting around 50-90fps. Problem is, it's becoming nearly unplayable at this point.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

Use high, if your frames aren't high enough, use Max
[/quote]

You see, it's funny because everyone's performance is degrading over time, inversely proportional to the amount of shit Valve throws into the game, and we have to turn it down and down again to keep a bare modicum of performance. What I don't get is how do people that don't have a 4Ghz CPU even play anymore.

This is the issue I was raging about in the screenshot thread.

@ Caff - It isn't a GPU issue or a too many pretties issue. I can turn everything to low, install the Hexen mode FPS configs and run the game at 1024x768 and I get the exact same performance "lag" as I do with my normal settings of high/extra high with 2x AA @ 1920x1080

It's more like an optimization issue than anything, considering the issues don't show up until other people who have non-stock items equipped are shown on screen. There's one recently new rarer item that causes extreme lag (at least for me) whenever I'm even near someone who has it equipped, I think it may be either the B.M.O.C. or the Ebenezer - but I'm not sure because I try to play as little as possible now because it's become not fun, just an annoyance fest.

I'm going to go play Bad Company 2, Crysis 2 or Mechwarrior: Modern Legends and get much more fluid and smooth gameplay than TF2 which is 5 years old now.

Better performance in a Cryengine 1 game than a Source game.

Better performance in a Cryengine 1 game than a Source game.

Yes that needed saying twice.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - [fr31ns]Karrde - 02-13-2012

This is what I've been saying.  It's not the GFX.  It's the "something's not quite right somewhere and the code needs some repair"

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - backfire - 02-14-2012

Okay so I checked with a local server as Hek suggested and my FPS is mostly fine there. Even playing with several bots, I'm still getting a much better FPS than I do in servers with hardly anyone there (as in hat/weapon optimization is not the issue). Asides from buying a new network adapter, anyone have any ideas? I actually do still like this game and I'd like to keep playing it.

Update:
Okay so I logged into my idle account and played a few rounds with that. Works flawlessly. No stuttering, high settings, native res, smooth framerate.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW THIS MAKES SENSE?

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - HeK - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 01:37 AM)backfire link Wrote: Okay so I checked with a local server as Hek suggested and my FPS is mostly fine there. Even playing with several bots, I'm still getting a much better FPS than I do in servers with hardly anyone there (as in hat/weapon optimization is not the issue). Asides from buying a new network adapter, anyone have any ideas? I actually do still like this game and I'd like to keep playing it.

Update:
Okay so I logged into my idle account and played a few rounds with that. Works flawlessly. No stuttering, high settings, native res, smooth framerate.

TF2 configs are specific to each user. Try renaming your /tf2/cfg folder and relaunching TF2 under your primary account. See if that helps.

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - Vongore - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 01:37 AM)backfire link Wrote: Okay so I checked with a local server as Hek suggested and my FPS is mostly fine there. Even playing with several bots, I'm still getting a much better FPS than I do in servers with hardly anyone there (as in hat/weapon optimization is not the issue). Asides from buying a new network adapter, anyone have any ideas? I actually do still like this game and I'd like to keep playing it.

Update:

Turn off some scout hacks

Re: New/Improved TF2 Longest Thread - backfire - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 09:20 AM)HeK link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5930.msg239109#msg239109 date=1329201458]
Okay so I checked with a local server as Hek suggested and my FPS is mostly fine there. Even playing with several bots, I'm still getting a much better FPS than I do in servers with hardly anyone there (as in hat/weapon optimization is not the issue). Asides from buying a new network adapter, anyone have any ideas? I actually do still like this game and I'd like to keep playing it.

Update:

TF2 configs are specific to each user. Try renaming your /tf2/cfg folder and relaunching TF2 under your primary account. See if that helps.
[/quote]

Tried that before, even turning off steam cloud and renaming my team fortress 2 folder doesn't help. Is there some CFG that includes all the default values for network and graphic settings? If I can just revert to whatever settings a totally new account uses, I should be fine.