Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Server Seeding Plan - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Nuclear Dawn (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Server Seeding Plan (/showthread.php?tid=5849)

Server Seeding Plan - Surf314 - 10-03-2011

This is a game that is ridiculously hard to seed but goes pretty well once seeded. Anyone have any ideas for a way we can get 4+ people to seed regularly? With 4 people it is also really good for practicing being a commander. Also anyone want to make a weekly event out of this game? If so what night?

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Hobospartan - 10-03-2011

Nuclear War Wednesdays?

Re: Server Seeding Plan - CaffeinePowered - 10-03-2011

(10-03-2011, 01:56 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: Nuclear War Wednesdays?

This early in the game cycle, you need a good 6 - 8 people who agree to be on almost every night.

The big problem right now is the server crashing Sad

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Saxxy - 10-03-2011

The one time that I've been on the brbu server we were able to seed properly once we got up to 10 or 12 (although that was kinda late, at around 10 or 11 central).

Like someone (surf? i don't feel like checking) mentioned in the other server seeding thread, we need a list of people who have the game.  Which is kinda easy through the steam library page for the game, since it lists everyone on your friends list that has it.  I'll post everyone who has it in this thread and the other server thread, and maybe a few people could post their lists, and then we could assemble that into one spam group  :p

I can help seed most nights, I can study while waiting to respawn  :p

Hell, if someone is really interested in playing but doesn't have the cash, I'd be willing to gift them a copy  8)

smiley faces  Smile

People on my friend's list that have ND:

Lag
Scar
Versus
Hek
Negate
Savage-O
Eightball
Drain

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Mission Difficult - 10-03-2011

(10-03-2011, 02:05 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=6007.msg225248#msg225248 date=1317668169]
Nuclear War Wednesdays?

This early in the game cycle, you need a good 6 - 8 people who agree to be on almost every night.

The big problem right now is the server crashing Sad
[/quote]

I've talked with some of the other devs about this. The suggested course of action is a reinstall.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - at0m - 10-04-2011

I also have ND and wouldn't mind playing it every night I'm in town. Working on unlocks & achievements is time-consuming when there's no idle server Wink

Re: Server Seeding Plan - k0ala - 10-06-2011

yes to seeding

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Greatbacon - 10-11-2011

So I made a group and just invited everyone on my friends list who has this game to it.  We can use that to know at a glance what the invite pool is for seeding.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Vandamguy - 10-12-2011

invite to greup ?

Re: Server Seeding Plan - at0m - 10-12-2011

FYI, would've been a good idea to link it. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BRBND

Re: Re: Server Seeding Plan - KarthXLR - 10-27-2011

RESTART THE SERVER SO WE CAN SEED

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Black Aspen - 01-10-2012

One thing I've learned very quickly about this game is that the general ND community (myself included) HATES the map Hydro.  The server's been resting on that map for a couple days now, it I don't think that'll help the seeding cause.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Elder - 01-10-2012

ill try to get on and seed when i can. I really need practice as commander

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Black Aspen - 01-11-2012

(01-10-2012, 09:46 PM)Elder link Wrote: ill try to get on and seed when i can. I really need practice as commander

That's actually a really good idea.  I'd like to give commander a go, but wouldn't dare do it in a random server and ruin it for everyone.  I don't mind it so much if I'm just ruining a game for you guys, heh.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Reevesith - 01-13-2012

(01-11-2012, 12:52 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [quote author=Elder link=topic=6007.msg236227#msg236227 date=1326249991]
ill try to get on and seed when i can. I really need practice as commander

That's actually a really good idea.  I'd like to give commander a go, but wouldn't dare do it in a random server and ruin it for everyone.  I don't mind it so much if I'm just ruining a game for you guys, heh.
[/quote]
I don't know you might do better, seems like every match I've played so far felt like a repeat of other team building in our base :/ this time they build a flame turret next to our spawner.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - at0m - 01-13-2012

Honestly, that's how you end the map. It's annoying, but that's how the game works if you're not working on taking down enemy power on a constant basis.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Kirby - 01-14-2012

(01-13-2012, 06:21 PM)at0m link Wrote: Honestly, that's how you end the map. It's annoying, but that's how the game works if you're not working on taking down enemy power on a constant basis.

^ That.

I take great joy in the end of maps when I can just lock my suit* next to a resup, pointing at the broadside of an enemy spawner.

Not so fun for the other team though, but the smart ones will just open the class select menu (hint) at that point and just not spawn until the round is over. It's not like it's even remotely recoverable anymore when the other team has 6 rocket turrets in your base and 3 spawners around the nearest corners. Just sit down and let us rape your command bunker and get it over with.

* Exo 4 lyfe.

Re: Server Seeding Plan - Elder - 01-17-2012

(01-14-2012, 12:06 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=6007.msg236435#msg236435 date=1326496917]
Honestly, that's how you end the map. It's annoying, but that's how the game works if you're not working on taking down enemy power on a constant basis.

^ That.

I take great joy in the end of maps when I can just lock my suit* next to a resup, pointing at the broadside of an enemy spawner.

Not so fun for the other team though, but the smart ones will just open the class select menu (hint) at that point and just not spawn until the round is over. It's not like it's even remotely recoverable anymore when the other team has 6 rocket turrets in your base and 3 spawners around the nearest corners. Just sit down and let us rape your command bunker and get it over with.

* Exo 4 lyfe.
[/quote]

but we might still come back if we try hard enough...