Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread (/showthread.php?tid=7327)

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - cbre88x - 05-11-2010

(05-11-2010, 06:48 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=211.msg151820#msg151820 date=1273559526]
Damnit Rummy I bought a Wilco album and I like it..fuck.
[Image: funny-pictures-caterpillar-makes-tv-reference.jpg]
Which one? Also, Glenn Kotchke, the drummer since YHF on, is hella good and has his own side projects.
Speaking of Wilco side projects...
http://solidsoundfestival.com/
[/quote]

Sky Blue Sky

I literally knew nothing about this band. I just know I needed something new and different to listen to. It's good though, any albums you recommend?

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - at0m - 05-11-2010

ELO - Mr.Blue Sky (Original Promo)

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - rumsfald - 05-12-2010

(05-11-2010, 09:56 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: Sky Blue Sky

I literally knew nothing about this band. I just know I needed something new and different to listen to. It's good though, any albums you recommend?

Well, I loves them all. Not knowing your particular tastes, good starting points would be to work backward to A Ghost is Born and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. You might also dig the Tweedy (frontman/guitarist) / Kotche (drummer) / Jim O'Rourke (producer of YHF) side project Loose Fur - Born Again in the USA.

Since you likes the percussion, here's Tweedy doing Laminated Cat in solo acoustic style with sweet Kotche beats. Kotche was a music professor at a Midwest state uni before joining the band.
Banter + Laminated Cat - Jeff Tweedy & Glenn Kotche

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - cbre88x - 05-12-2010

Yea, I've heard the name somewhere.. I want to say I've read an article in PAS Notes, but I can't quite remember.

Edit: yea, there were a few PAS Notes and Modern Drummer articles I've read..and I think I've heard some of his compositions before. And he went to UK and studied under James Campbell. I know a few people who probably went to school with him.

lol he marched Cavies.

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Surf314 - 05-12-2010

Aqualung ;; Strange & Beautiful .wmv

Pretty song until you realize its actually really creepy.

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Professor Funbucks - 05-12-2010

LaurenConrad Get Us On The Hills - Super Mash Bros

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Ianki - 05-12-2010

Jaydiohead - 99 Anthems

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - rumsfald - 05-12-2010

My anthem of the day is Let it Loose from Exile on Main Street.

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - copulatingduck - 05-12-2010

Love & Theft

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Professor Funbucks - 05-13-2010

(05-12-2010, 09:37 PM)Duck link Wrote: Love & Theft

[Image: cows.jpg]

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Geoff - 05-13-2010

this song is basically god-tier amazing

P.O.S - Purexed

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - rumsfald - 05-13-2010

Wow. New Dead Weather album hit May 11.

I <3 Jack White. He is the man who inspired me to take up the guitar, he writes the lyrics that are the soundtrack of my thirties.

The Dead Weather - "The Difference Between Us" (Live from Third Man Records)

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Surf314 - 05-14-2010

I'm calling a throwback throwdown!

Nada Surf  Popular

No one wants to take me up on this?

The Butthole Surfers - Pepper (Uncensored)

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - copulatingduck - 05-14-2010

if you consider "butthole surfers" a throwback to your younger days, I don't really want to know what you did in college

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Professor Funbucks - 05-14-2010

uh throwback to what high school year?
I'll do..9th grade then
Initial D MEGAMIX!
lol boss

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Darklink - 05-14-2010

Ginuwine - Pony

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - PyroZombie - 05-14-2010

Rammstein - Sonne

(05-14-2010, 02:07 PM)Duck link Wrote: if you consider "butthole surfers" a throwback to your younger days, I don't really want to know what you did in college

Butthole surfers was a band I learned about from my dad in HS so eff you they pwn.

Re: The "What are you listening to right now?" Thread - Professor Funbucks - 05-14-2010

(05-14-2010, 06:54 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=211.msg152339#msg152339 date=1273864073]
if you consider "butthole surfers" a throwback to your younger days, I don't really want to know what you did in college

Butthole surfers was a band I learned about from my dad in HS so eff you they pwn.
[/quote]
same
butthole surfers are a p good band