Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Since it's the new fad... - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Since it's the new fad... (/showthread.php?tid=7458)

Pages: 1 2

Since it's the new fad... - cbre88x - 05-22-2008

Hi.

I started gaming hardcore since the Nintendo and Genesis. I was pretty big into Megaman and Sonic le Hedgehog and the other various assortment of games. I've owned most of the friendly neighborhood game consoles at least once to get a taste of it. Unfortunately, I have to sell a lot of my old shit to get new shit...which means I usually don't get to keep the classic stuff that I love. I've always been big into survival horror, fps, and tps genres and older RPG's. I love Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy.

I started playing online with SOCOM on the PS2 and have only recently stopped due to muh lovely PC. Unfortunately, I'll be getting a PS3 this summer and SOCOM Confrontation in September..which means I'll be splitting muh time between finding my old SOCOM clanmates and this wonderful group of people I game with here at BRB, U.

I've just recently gotten into the God forsaken world of PC gaming, but I love it and will never turn back. I bought a Dell (around the same time last year) and have been upgrading it to make a better and better system. The biggest upgrade was this Christmas with 2 gigs of RAM and a wonderful 8800 GT.

IRL, I am a Music Education major (Percussion) at Jacksonville State University where I perform with the internationally known Marching Southerners (look 'em up on Youtube). After the bachelors I'll be pursuing up to a doctorate (yeah I'm crazy) and hopefully be teaching college students instead of being one.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - NiceGuy - 05-22-2008

Hey.

[Image: hay003jd0.jpg]

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Yomanz - 05-22-2008

Cool intro. Megaman and sonic were some of my favorite game series on the nintendo and genesis. But i must say that your graphics card makes me sad. I want an 8800, but i can't afford one yet... :'( The fact that your into percussion is pretty cool too.  Smile

Re: Since it's the new fad... - cbre88x - 05-22-2008

Yea breaking 250 on "just" a videocard was a tough decision, but it was well worth it.

Being a percussionist is the thing I'm good at and absolutely love to do. Doesn't hurt with the women either. heh

Re: Since it's the new fad... - CaffeinePowered - 05-22-2008

(05-22-2008, 09:18 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: Yea breaking 250 on "just" a videocard was a tough decision, but it was well worth it.

Being a percussionist is the thing I'm good at and absolutely love to do. Doesn't hurt with the women either. heh

I spent $700 on a card once

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Tragic Hero - 05-22-2008

(05-22-2008, 10:06 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=345.msg7972#msg7972 date=1211509090]
Yea breaking 250 on "just" a videocard was a tough decision, but it was well worth it.

I spent $700 on a card once
[/quote]

Spend 900 on one once.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Vandamguy - 05-23-2008

i spent 700 on a card twice
/endpissing

Re: Since it's the new fad... - cbre88x - 05-23-2008

well shit.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - copulatingduck - 05-23-2008

My mommy never gave me money for shit. I've had to pay for all my shit since the SNES.  :-[

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Mission Difficult - 05-23-2008

We were clearing out some crap at work a few weeks ago and found a bunch of old intelligraph video cards. They were purchased for over a thousand dollars a piece and were rendered worthless by time. We also had a quantel video editor that must have cost a half a million dollars 10 years ago and is now sitting under my desk in pieces.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Tragic Hero - 05-23-2008

(05-23-2008, 01:53 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: My mommy never gave me money for shit. I've had to pay for all my shit since the SNES.  :-[

You and me both chief.  You and me both...

(05-23-2008, 01:34 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: [quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=345.msg8003#msg8003 date=1211525615]
My mommy never gave me money for shit. I've had to pay for all my shit since the SNES.  :-[

You and me both chief.  You and me both...
[/quote]

Trust me..my mommy won't give me money either. The RAM was a present from my brother and the card I paid for through various amounts of Christmas "presents". Like I said..I have to sell all my old shit to get new...

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Versus - 05-23-2008

My first, third, and fourth computers were bought by my parents. Same with most of my consoles. Tongue

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Eschatos - 05-23-2008

The most computer parts my parents ever got me was a second hard drive, and only because my dad wanted to put some of his games on my computer and I was running out of space.  The first computer my parents ever let me buy put me in debt for over a year.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Vandamguy - 05-23-2008

did i mention that i was given the money ? ne?
no i saved up for 6 months before buying this shit

I got my Dell with some scholarship money..

Re: Since it's the new fad... - copulatingduck - 05-23-2008

(05-23-2008, 09:58 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: I got my Dell with some scholarship money..

Lol. I spent my scholarship this semester on beer and more beer. And they wonder why I failed Biology...

Also, fuck you Versus! Your parents have given you more computers than I've even owned!

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Versus - 05-24-2008

8)

Guess how much money I'm getting for college. Tongue

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Geoff - 05-25-2008

(05-24-2008, 07:33 PM)Versus link Wrote: 8)

Guess how much money I'm getting for college. Tongue

I'm going to college on fucking scholarships you rich bastard.

Re: Since it's the new fad... - Versus - 05-25-2008

Tongue