Be Right Back, Uninstalling
harvard summer school - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: harvard summer school (/showthread.php?tid=7563)

Pages: 1 2 3

harvard summer school - Versus - 06-06-2008

Well...shit. I got accepted to go to Harvard's short session (which is four weeks long), but I dunno if I really want to go. I'm taking their "Intensive Introduction to Computer Science Using Java". Should I go, or not (wtf, there's no question mark on this keyboard).

Re: harvard summer school - CaffeinePowered - 06-06-2008

Its fucking Harvard, I should beat the snot out of you if you dont

Re: harvard summer school - Surf314 - 06-06-2008

(06-06-2008, 01:02 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Its fucking Harvard, I should beat the snot out of you if you dont

Listen to the man, trust me I fucked around way too much in HS thinking it wouldn't matter and missed my chance to go anywhere special (UF is ok I guess, but I graduated with high honors and honestly never really tried that hard, or went to class).  Go dammit!  You will regret it later if you don't.

Re: harvard summer school - ToiletDuck - 06-06-2008

i'll make a short session of your face if you don't go (about 2 mins)

Re: harvard summer school - Mission Difficult - 06-06-2008

If you're into that kind of thing I say go for it. It's only a few weeks anyway and couldn't hurt.

Re: harvard summer school - Wedge - 06-06-2008

I doubt you'll really learn much, but it'll look good on your records, so whynot?

Re: harvard summer school - Ianki - 06-06-2008

Summer schools are awesome.  That is all.

Re: harvard summer school - exanimo - 06-06-2008

F Harvard. But I guess if you have a chance, why not? Unless it costs an arm and a leg. But its'up to you buddy.

Re: harvard summer school - cbre88x - 06-06-2008

If the benefits outweigh the cost, then take the chance.

Re: harvard summer school - A. Crow - 06-06-2008

(06-06-2008, 01:02 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Its fucking Harvard, I should beat the snot out of you if you dont

Have fun with 6 hours of java a day.

Re: harvard summer school - jorge - 06-06-2008

(06-06-2008, 04:28 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: Have fun with 6 hours of java a day.
hate.it

But you should still go IMHO.

Re: harvard summer school - Surf314 - 06-06-2008

Yea it's sort of like a chain, doing certain things when your young mean jack when your older but it is important for the next thing you gotta do.

In other words it may or may not be helpful overall to go to this program but it will be extremely helpful when applying for college, and the college you get into will be helpful for the masters program you can get into or the job you apply for.  So I'd definitely recommend it (again).

Re: harvard summer school - copulatingduck - 06-06-2008

What a fucker, you forgot that I'm like right down the road from Harvard or something? Faggit, -1!

Re: harvard summer school - [fr31ns]Karrde - 06-06-2008

Um, yeah, go.  Will be chou worth it.  And look good later.

Re: harvard summer school - Phototron1cs - 06-06-2008

Do it nooooow!!!!!!

Re: harvard summer school - Eschatos - 06-06-2008

Or you could just have taken computer science in high school...

Re: harvard summer school - cannedpeahes - 06-06-2008

HS computer science classes are worthless. Don't teach shit, from what I've seen.

@Versus
How much does it cost?

Re: harvard summer school - A. Crow - 06-06-2008

(06-06-2008, 09:22 PM)cannedpeaches link Wrote: HS computer science classes are worthless. Don't teach shit, from what I've seen.

@Versus
How much does it cost?

Depends on the HS.  I didn't do CS in HS, but, I've seen some fucking freshman prodigies, ofcourse, this is Miami.

It's Harvard, It doesn't matter, he's investing in his future, and borrowing against it too.

Re: harvard summer school - rumsfald - 06-06-2008

This thread is either about trolling or bragging.

Anyone who is smart enough to get invited to Harvard shouldn't have to ask whether or not to attend.

Re: harvard summer school - Versus - 06-07-2008

f u copulatingduck I know you're fucking nextdoor to me. Tongue I even did a google maps search to see how far apart they are. Smile

Also, my high school sucks and doesn't offer Computer Science. >_>

Also, my dad's loaded, so I'm fine there. Tongue

And...yeah, the six hours of Java a day may not be so fun.