Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Drunk Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Drunk Thread (/showthread.php?tid=7855)

Re: The Drunk Thread - Chooly - 05-31-2009

lool hi.
I sure haven't posted in here in a while...

Re: The Drunk Thread - SBCrystal - 05-31-2009

You definitely should, CHOOOOOOOOOLY.
<3

Re: The Drunk Thread - cbre88x - 06-02-2009

oh, i just a had a fun night with friends. Magic Hat #9 and al is good with teh world.

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 06-03-2009

So i'm drunk on a tuesday so what.

Actually, i'm drunk most nights since losing my funding, but i'm only writing since a new food stand opened up outside my favorite bar.  In true iowa style, a grilled corn on the cob stand opened serving corn with butter, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and chili powder.

It's the new walking taco, i swear to god.  so delicious and only 2 dollars.

I think i'm in love.  If only Crow was here to see it.

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 06-03-2009

(06-03-2009, 01:16 AM)Ianki link Wrote: since losing my funding, but i'm only writing since a new food stand opened up outside my favorite bar. 

Grant, private? for research or degree releated?

(06-03-2009, 01:16 AM)Ianki link Wrote: In true iowa style, a grilled corn on the cob stand opened serving corn with butter, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and chili powder.

That sounds excellent. I beg you to post pics.

(06-03-2009, 01:16 AM)Ianki link Wrote: Actually, i'm drunk most nights... I think i'm in love. 

Are you reading my mind?

Re: The Drunk Thread - HeK - 06-05-2009

I picked up a case of this tonight:

[Image: igp6145.jpg]

Wow is it ever good. Most of their beers have a strong hops taste. This is a little more mild, yet very smooth and flavorful.
It almost leaves a sweet taste in your mouth after an initial bitter bite.

Re: The Drunk Thread - SBCrystal - 06-06-2009

i JUST WANT to say that  Sleeman's honey brown is way bette ron tap. And knob creep bourbon is win.l
Weeeee! I love life!

SEALAB.

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 06-06-2009

(06-06-2009, 02:20 AM)SBCrystal link Wrote: And knob creep bourbon is win.

I usually stay away from the knob creeps. But if you like to get freaky like that, whatevs.

[Image: 61%20Creepy%20Uncle%20Dan.jpg]

Re: The Drunk Thread - SBCrystal - 06-06-2009

http://www.knobcreek.com/lpa

Shit...best typo ever.

Re: The Drunk Thread - HeK - 06-07-2009

I purchased my first bottle of bourbon tonight.
I had the choice between Knobcreek, Woodford Reserve and a third unmemorable option.

This had more classy packaging, individually numbered bottles and an actual inspector's signature which I could rub a portion of the ink off.

[Image: bourbon.jpg]

First taste, it appears similar to other 'whiskeys', how ever smoother and with almost a sweet taste.

Due to poor planning, it was initially tasted along side a bowl of Korma chicken and rice. I should have a better experience without a flavor masking agent stained on my pallet.

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 06-07-2009

(06-07-2009, 12:15 AM)HeK link Wrote: I purchased my first bottle of bourbon tonight.

Man, you were giving America shit for not having any rye whiskey and here you are saying that you had your first bourbon.

Let me tell you, since i'm so proud of america and all, but i have filled myself with enough Jim bean, ten high, old crow, jack daniels, knob creek, and any number of sub par 9 buck bottles to kill all of france.

God bless the fly over states and their need to produce cheap and tasty whiskey.

Fuck the irish and scotch brands.  America is the way to go.

But i do enjoy a rye.... I just found out today that every store in iowa city that is selling templeton rye (which, as devotees will remember is the best whiskey of all time) is limited to six bottles a week with about a 50 man waiting list at each store.  I guess i'll leave iowa without my mid western comfort.

Edit:  i'm also a little drunk from my normal 3 rounds of the ten high + pabst combo.  so.... yeah

Re: The Drunk Thread - cbre88x - 06-07-2009

wtf..it just erased my first post after I modified it..wtf..something strange is going on with the forums anyways..

Dixie Dew..local whiskey 10 buck bottles. it's pretty good.

Re: The Drunk Thread - Surf314 - 06-07-2009

We got drunk last night and watched Bubba Ho-Tep.  At one point my wife was holding my hand and said "isn't it amazing I have just enough fingers to intertwine into yours?"

Best drunk quote ever.

Re: The Drunk Thread - copulatingduck - 06-07-2009

(06-07-2009, 01:51 AM)Ianki link Wrote: why I am homeless and jobless

<3

(06-07-2009, 01:51 AM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=HeK link=topic=753.msg88770#msg88770 date=1244351742]
I purchased my first bottle of bourbon tonight.

Man, you were giving America shit for not having any rye whiskey and here you are saying that you had your first bourbon.
[/quote]

I would like to note that there is a difference between an individual not having tried a type of liqueur and a entire country ignoring the existence of another.

While overall classified as 'whiskeys', I find that bourbon, whiskey, Canadian rye whiskey (ala 'rye'), American rye whiskey (ala 'rye whiksey'), corn whiskey, and others are quite different. I have not had a large exposure to the world whiskey palette, but I can identify the differences between them, as the individual make up of each differs quite a bit.

A whiskey made mostly of corn tastes quite different from one made mostly of rye or one made mostly of barley.

Re: The Drunk Thread - SBCrystal - 06-07-2009

You guys all sound like snobs.

<3

If it gets you drunk, drink it! Big Grin

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 06-07-2009

(06-07-2009, 10:23 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=753.msg88793#msg88793 date=1244357469]
why I am homeless and jobless

<3
[/quote]

:-*

(06-07-2009, 02:28 PM)SBCrystal link Wrote: If it gets you drunk, drink it! Big Grin

[Image: 3391276134_59c76b162a.jpg]

[Image: listerine_mouthwash_coolmint_500.jpg]

Re: The Drunk Thread - dapngwnman - 06-07-2009

Even your listerine in Canada is properly labeled. That stuff looks deliciously bad. Sign me up.

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 06-13-2009

Yoda Gets Drunk

So wise.