Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Drunk Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Drunk Thread (/showthread.php?tid=7855)

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 07-03-2009

Drunk.

Whatever.

There is a bar that has happy hour from five to ten pm, all while serving cheap food, $2 hamms, and $2 wells.

It's very rare to be able to eat dinner, and get fully smashed before ten on 20 dollars.

Re: The Drunk Thread - copulatingduck - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 03:49 AM)Ianki link Wrote: Drunk.

Whatever.

There is a bar that has happy hour from five to ten pm, all while serving cheap food, $2 hamms, and $2 wells.

It's very rare to be able to eat dinner, and get fully smashed before ten on 20 dollars.

its not that hard, go to a bar with cheap/shitty food when you're starving, hard drinks can throw a mean punch when you got no food in your belly. Get wasted and then you don't care how shitty the food is. That was my strategy all throughout college. Alternatively you can do like I did and make a spreadsheet that calculated (volume of alcohol) / (dollar spent) for everything I've ever purchased from the liquor store using cost, volume, and percentage of alcohol. PBR and 151 were the cheapest so that's what I had my first 3 years here. Then I realized that straight shots of 151 and cans of PBR made it look like I hated myself (and really after 3 years of it I kinda did) so I started buying fancy stuff Tongue

Re: The Drunk Thread - at0m - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 05:12 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=753.msg94500#msg94500 date=1246610944]
Drunk.

Whatever.

its not that hard, go to a bar with cheap/shitty food when you're starving, hard drinks can throw a mean punch when you got no food in your belly. Get wasted and then you don't care how shitty the food is. That was my strategy all throughout college. Alternatively you can do like I did and make a spreadsheet that calculated (volume of alcohol) / (dollar spent) for everything I've ever purchased from the liquor store using cost, volume, and percentage of alcohol. PBR and 151 were the cheapest so that's what I had my first 3 years here. Then I realized that straight shots of 151 and cans of PBR made it look like I hated myself (and really after 3 years of it I kinda did) so I started buying fancy stuff Tongue
[/quote]ROFL way to overthink it. I debated buying just 151 (I don't like PBR) but then I realized I wanted variety and in my cursory examination of cost savings I realized a couple of bucks was well worth having a choice of stuff from my liquor cabinet.

Although a friend of mine did make a spreadsheet to figure out which bar/restaurant in town had the cheapest Guinness, on a $/oz basis. it turned out to be Buffalo Wild Wings, amusingly.

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 05:12 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: That was my strategy all throughout college. Alternatively you can do like I did and make a spreadsheet that calculated (volume of alcohol) / (dollar spent) for everything I've ever purchased from the liquor store using cost, volume, and percentage of alcohol. PBR and 151 were the cheapest so that's what I had my first 3 years here.

I'm still surprised they didn't consider that a valid thesis project. You got screwed.

Re: The Drunk Thread - CaffeinePowered - 07-03-2009

You need a quality multiplier and a "degree of hangover this gives me" divisor in that equation

Re: The Drunk Thread - copulatingduck - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 09:04 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=753.msg94507#msg94507 date=1246615975]
That was my strategy all throughout college. Alternatively you can do like I did and make a spreadsheet that calculated (volume of alcohol) / (dollar spent) for everything I've ever purchased from the liquor store using cost, volume, and percentage of alcohol. PBR and 151 were the cheapest so that's what I had my first 3 years here.

I'm still surprised they didn't consider that a valid thesis project. You got screwed.
[/quote]

lmao, seriously.

(07-03-2009, 11:14 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: You need a quality multiplier and a "degree of hangover this gives me" divisor in that equation

never had a hangover :\

Re: The Drunk Thread - Surf314 - 07-04-2009

<3 BJ's Brewhouse

Re: The Drunk Thread - Tragic Hero - 07-04-2009

Horray for my first two day weekend in a month.  Going to enjoy it Big Grin

Re: The Drunk Thread - copulatingduck - 07-04-2009

dfth.mnahsdrtpoihj[poiuawp

Re: The Drunk Thread - KarthXLR - 07-04-2009

(07-04-2009, 06:01 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: dfth.mnahsdrtpoihj[poiuawp
Clearly, Duck is wasted beyond belief.

Re: The Drunk Thread - at0m - 07-04-2009

I got drunk, watched fireworks, crashed a block party and slid down a giant waterslide in an alley at a party where I knew NOONE. My coworker's GF had her camera, hopefully I'll have pics sometime soonabouts.

Re: The Drunk Thread - ZargonX - 07-11-2009

How did this shit fall to page 3 of General?  Work harder, people!  Just back from Barcade and a variety of other Brooklyn haunts that my friend took me out to, and I am feeling the booze love.  thank you, beers I don't even remembe the names of!

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 07-11-2009

Started my communion with W I L C O at 5 with tapas and Chimay. Got to the stadium at like 6:30 and at times there were 10-20 of us drinking Coronas and singing along till midnight.

Re: The Drunk Thread - Tragic Hero - 07-11-2009

Well here I am.  Watching UFC by myself because everyone else found some place better to watch it.  At least I have the satisfaction of drinking all the beer in the apartment right?

Re: The Drunk Thread - copulatingduck - 07-12-2009

snoop - gin and juice

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 07-12-2009

Wow, i had one old crow on the rocks and one pbr, and it got me more buzzed than i'm used to.  Normally it takes me three rounds to get to this threshold between biking home and taking the bus.

I must be getting older.

Re: The Drunk Thread - rumsfald - 07-12-2009

I fly like an eagle and I drink Old Crow
I'm the king of the classroom coolin' in the back
My teacher had beef so I gave her a smack
She chased me out of class, she was strapped with a ruler
Went to the bathroom rolled myself a wooler
With bottle in hand at the microphone stand
Ay yo homeboy what you drinkin' man?

Re: The Drunk Thread - Neonie - 07-13-2009

I'm sober and have been for 20 years. Yep.. still sober.  Big Grin

Re: The Drunk Thread - Ianki - 07-13-2009

(07-13-2009, 01:52 AM)Neonie-Sensei link Wrote: I'm sober and have been for 20 years. Yep.. still sober.  Big Grin

I give it another year

Also,  there is a lounge connected to a Chinese restaurant a block from my house that is apparently known for serving cheap strong drinks.  In fact it is so well known for serving stiff drinks that a number of my friends have denoted the act of getting drunk as "getting yenned" after the location (the Chin-yenn).  I tried it tonight and i got yenned after two rounds for a total of 6.50.

This, added with steamed dumplings or pork lo-mein might kill me within two months.

Re: The Drunk Thread - Tragic Hero - 07-13-2009

(07-13-2009, 01:52 AM)Neonie-Sensei link Wrote: I'm sober and have been for 20 years. Yep.. still sober.  Big Grin

Well I hope thats your own choice and not because of some D.A.R.E propaganda.  I have no problem with people choosing to be "straight edge" but I hate when they believe that they might become spouse abusers/homeless/etc because of alcohol or drugs.