Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Google Chrome - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Technology (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Computers (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Google Chrome (/showthread.php?tid=8418)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Google Chrome - K2 - 09-02-2008

(09-02-2008, 09:20 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Don't feel like switching from Firefox, as I don't have a reason to.

Does it support:

-Spell Check    Yes
-Auto-complete address by searching through your entire history with sippets of similar addresses    Yes
-Good search toolbar    The search toolbar is integrated with the address bar. This has more info.
-Shortcut/Favorites "toolbar"    Yep
-Good plug-ins/plugin support    Right now, as far as I know, no, which is why I won't be using it regularly.

Just wondering.  Also, not a fan of the look.

Re: Google Chrome - Luinbariel - 09-02-2008

I'm not leaving firefox just yet.

Re: Google Chrome - Surf314 - 09-02-2008

I been using it and I like it.  I'll keep using it until I have a reason to switch back.  Although lack of RSS might be that reason.

Re: Google Chrome - copulatingduck - 09-02-2008

(09-02-2008, 06:27 PM)J-Master link Wrote: I can't click down on my scroll button, kind of frustrating.  Just noticed this as I was trying to scroll to the top of the page...
edit: two more things... One, sometimes the window is over top f everything and I can't access the hidden start menu at the bottom of the screen.

More importantly... Where do i download the plugins?!?!?

Everything he said. Though the only plugin I really care about is adblock plus, I don't need anything else. :|

Re: Google Chrome - jdub28 - 09-02-2008

im assuming its open source so it will be probably a few weeks before the plug ins and extensions come rolling in

Re: Google Chrome - exanimo - 09-03-2008

What about security?

Re: Google Chrome - CaffeinePowered - 09-03-2008

(09-02-2008, 09:51 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I'm not leaving firefox just yet.

Same, call me when Chrome has a comparable library of plugins and addons

Re: Google Chrome - zaneyard - 09-03-2008

(09-02-2008, 07:54 PM)K2 link Wrote: Yeah, I'm trying it out right now, and holy shit, I forgot how many ads there are on the Internet.
shit yeah, i had to use internet explorer once
damn it was a bad day

edit
Chrome is really sweet
im really gonna miss Ad-Block Plus, Tab Mix Plus and Foxmarks
those are three i would really like to see as ports real soon.

Re: Google Chrome - Maxon - 09-03-2008

I do like that it is running smoother than Firefox and opening stuff faster.  Was slowing down a bit when I was checking a movie news site, but it's doing pretty nice for the most part.  Just hoping for a newer theme soon cause this one is pretty...lame...

Re: Google Chrome - ZargonX - 09-03-2008

Definitely runs faster than IE and FF, and loads pages faster.  Though, as others have said, once it has a larger library of plugins, it'll be worth more than just a cursory useage.

Re: Google Chrome - HeK - 09-03-2008

Wow, it really chugs on flash and freezes up on PDFs. Does not like the third-party plugins so far...

Also, in before name change. There already is a 'Chrome' in the os world.

Re: Google Chrome - zaneyard - 09-03-2008

(09-03-2008, 04:31 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I do like that it is running smoother than Firefox and opening stuff faster.  Was slowing down a bit when I was checking a movie news site, but it's doing pretty nice for the most part.  Just hoping for a newer theme soon cause this one is pretty...lame...
i like the theme actually
cept they need a silver one to go with xp silver

Re: Google Chrome - x - 11-20-2008

Just got reminded about this. Anyone still using? How's it holding up?

Re: Google Chrome - Dave - 11-20-2008

back to firefox within the week.

i had allmost forgotten what a pop up was.

Re: Google Chrome - Geoff - 11-20-2008

(11-20-2008, 07:55 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: Just got reminded about this. Anyone still using? How's it holding up?

I use it

It's the nigerian runner in the browser race

Re: Google Chrome - zaneyard - 11-21-2008

(11-20-2008, 04:11 PM)Geoff link Wrote: [quote author=Arnie's Right Bicep link=topic=1322.msg50625#msg50625 date=1227185750]
Just got reminded about this. Anyone still using? How's it holding up?

I use it

It's the nigerian runner in the browser race
[/quote]
ive started using it as my main browser, and i am addicted by the speed (not the drug)

Re: Google Chrome - Blues - 11-24-2008

Still full of holes and vulnerabilities. D:

I'll probably be sticking with Crazy Browser regardless.

Re: Google Chrome - Eschatos - 11-24-2008

I wish there was a browser that didn't have the problem of movie players/flash not working when I have more than 50 tabs open. 

Re: Google Chrome - zaneyard - 11-24-2008

(11-24-2008, 11:00 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I wish there was a browser that didn't have the problem of not working when I have more than 50 tabs open. 

Re: Google Chrome - ainmosni - 11-25-2008

(11-24-2008, 05:51 PM)Blues link Wrote: Still full of holes and vulnerabilities. D:

I'll probably be sticking with Crazy Browser regardless.

You're complaining about Chrome's security while using an IE based browser? Oh the irony...

About Chrome: it has indeed a lot of privacy/security issues and I miss my firefox add-ons too much... TBH I'm waiting for firefox 3.1 which will also have a jscript VM (the source of chrome's speed) and a lot of other improvements....