Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) (/showthread.php?tid=8600)

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - K2 - 02-12-2009

(02-12-2009, 07:48 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=Fail Medic link=topic=1507.msg66402#msg66402 date=1234485893]
I'll restate something I said a while back despite its utter and complete irrelevance.  Skip this post; I have to vent.

I am anti-smoke everything.  Cigars, cigarettes, cloves, marijuana.  Doesn't matter.  Why?

It transmits.  It broadcasts.  It is the nature of smoke, particulate matter, that infuriates me. 

If I enter a public environment where any of these are permissible, I remove myself and I am irritated that I have to do so because of someone's pasttime / habit / etc. polluting everyone's fucking air.  Yes, that's my goddamn air you're fucking with doing that shit.

If I enter a private environment, like someone's home, where any of these are permissible, I quickly remove myself and I am sorry that I will not choose to stay there.

I don't have a chronic breathing problem or one that makes me physiologically intolerant.  My asthma's not an excuse.  I'm psychologically intolerant and will remain so because I demand the air I breath contains no traces of those substances.  House dust, burned gasoline, ragweed pollen, ammonia fumes (okay, maybe not that), fine.  But not those.  Wanna see me look like more of a 'tard than usual?  Put me in a room of smokers and watch me put my shirt over my mouth and nose as I dash for an exit.

I know I'm in the minority, but it's irrelevant.  I will remain an enemy to smoked products until my death.  Get patches, eat brownies, do fuck whatever else.  Can't you fucking find another delivery system than smoke?!?!   Damn it all!

We're at least 2 in this minority, Fail.

I'm sure there are a lot more.
[/quote]

[Image: hand-raised-poster-web.jpg]

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - A. Crow - 02-12-2009

I remember reading about these in high school, and being really friggin excited, now they're about to see service.  We make the Independence class Littoral Combat Ship (ooooo catamaran), the Sweds make F-117s that float, where did we go wrong?

why yes, I am through talking about weed.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - CaffeinePowered - 02-13-2009

(02-12-2009, 07:44 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: I'll restate something I said a while back despite its utter and complete irrelevance.  Skip this post; I have to vent.

I am anti-smoke everything.  Cigars, cigarettes, cloves, marijuana.  Doesn't matter.  Why?

It transmits.  It broadcasts.  It is the nature of smoke, particulate matter, that infuriates me. 

If I enter a public environment where any of these are permissible, I remove myself and I am irritated that I have to do so because of someone's pasttime / habit / etc. polluting everyone's fucking air.  Yes, that's my goddamn air you're fucking with doing that shit.

If I enter a private environment, like someone's home, where any of these are permissible, I quickly remove myself and I am sorry that I will not choose to stay there.

I don't have a chronic breathing problem or one that makes me physiologically intolerant.  My asthma's not an excuse.  I'm psychologically intolerant and will remain so because I demand the air I breath contains no traces of those substances.  House dust, burned gasoline, ragweed pollen, ammonia fumes (okay, maybe not that), fine.  But not those.  Wanna see me look like more of a 'tard than usual?  Put me in a room of smokers and watch me put my shirt over my mouth and nose as I dash for an exit.

I know I'm in the minority, but it's irrelevant.  I will remain an enemy to smoked products until my death.  Get patches, eat brownies, do fuck whatever else.  Can't you fucking find another delivery system than smoke?!?!   Damn it all!

Oh don't get me wrong I hate smoking too, allergic to it for the most part, but I support people's rights to do what they want with their own bodies in their own homes. And for the most part I see a lot of the anti-drug efforts as a colossal waste of money.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - ainmosni - 02-13-2009

(02-13-2009, 06:24 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: And for the most part I see a lot of the anti-drug efforts as a colossal waste of money.

And it also needlessly taxes the legal system to its limit.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Surf314 - 02-13-2009

When will this thread resume its regularly scheduled programming?

(02-13-2009, 09:26 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: When will this thread resume its regularly scheduled programming?

In about 3 pages

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - x - 02-13-2009

(02-13-2009, 10:09 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1507.msg66496#msg66496 date=1234535169]

In about 3 pages
[/quote]

Crow tried but was lacking in Jonathan Pryce.

(02-13-2009, 10:17 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=1507.msg66499#msg66499 date=1234537770]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1507.msg66496#msg66496 date=1234535169]

In about 3 pages
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, this is brbu, where thread derailment is the rule, not the exception!

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Surf314 - 02-13-2009

http://spacemarauder.com/20-pictures-of-invaders-invasion-on-cities-worldwide

Cute

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - A. Crow - 02-13-2009

(02-13-2009, 10:17 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=1507.msg66499#msg66499 date=1234537770]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1507.msg66496#msg66496 date=1234535169]

In about 3 pages
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I was smote for it too.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - fyre - 02-13-2009

I'm sure most people have seen this before, but what the hell, it's incredible.

Also, this.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Ianki - 02-13-2009

[Image: Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg]
[Image: City_Borders_by_Orioto.jpg]
[Image: Milky_Sky_by_Orioto.jpg]

WOWZA

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - copulatingduck - 02-13-2009

(02-13-2009, 09:35 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [Image: Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg]

WOWZA

ps i love you

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Ianki - 02-13-2009

(02-13-2009, 09:45 PM)BRITNEYSUCKS link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=1507.msg66672#msg66672 date=1234578955]
[Image: Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg]

WOWZA

ps i love you
[/quote]

Yeah, my brother linked me to these, apprarently they were on reddit.  He has a bunch more awesome retro redos up on his deviantart page.  some of them are just off the hook awesome

[Image: Break_by_Orioto.jpg]
[Image: Night_Encounter_by_Orioto.jpg]

ps <3

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - K2 - 02-13-2009

I've been using this one as my wallpaper.

[Image: Mario_World_by_Orioto.jpg]

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Versus - 02-14-2009

oh jesus, those are win.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Greatbacon - 02-14-2009

Pretty freaking awesome live action Half Life 2 fan video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo&feature=channel_page

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 02-14-2009

Best part is we sort of have the Street Fighter one Smile

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - CaffeinePowered - 02-14-2009

Super Metroid HD would be so much win

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 02-15-2009

[Image: What_I_Learned_from_L4D_by_Golden_Silver.jpg]