Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) (/showthread.php?tid=8600)

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Spore - 06-14-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlHGhKHIdM&feature=player_embedded#at=12

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - matter11 - 06-16-2011

(06-14-2011, 11:42 PM)Spore link Wrote: jelly video

I've seen that before but I don't think I spill semi liquid gels that often. that sir is a uni-task semen cleaner. (bukkakes will buy it like hotcakes)

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Spore - 06-16-2011

(06-16-2011, 03:05 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=1507.msg210344#msg210344 date=1308112949]
jelly video

I've seen that before but I don't think I spill semi liquid gels that often. that sir is a uni-task semen cleaner. (bukkakes will buy it like hotcakes)
[/quote]

Well, it is made by the Japanese.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Dr. Zaius - 06-16-2011

(06-09-2011, 10:19 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: Seeing an Aurora is pretty high on my bucket list.

Aurora is like half an hour away from me. It has a ton of light pollution. Especially in winter./troll

I kinda like light pollution, it's sort of darkly beautiful.

The actual auroras are probably much more so.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - HeK - 06-16-2011

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/06/iraqs-invisible-war/all/1

IED Jammers and cool stuff.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - k0ala - 06-21-2011

The World's Oldest Battlefield Player

66 and still pwning fools in BC2
what a cool guy

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Kirby - 06-21-2011

(06-16-2011, 08:23 PM)HeK link Wrote: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/06/iraqs-invisible-war/all/1

IED Jammers and cool stuff.

We made parts that we know for a fact are in those things. The original contracting company we dealt with doesn't even really exist.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Surf314 - 06-22-2011

The Truth About the Economy

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - CaffeinePowered - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 01:34 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: The Truth About the Economy

And this is why the top-tier marginal tax rates need to go back to the levels they used to be at Sad

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 01:49 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1507.msg211448#msg211448 date=1308767674]

And this is why the top-tier marginal tax rates need to go back to the levels they used to be at Sad
[/quote]I don't understand how this kind of shit isn't obvious to everyon- WAIT it is obvious, but the rich already control the government and the media. So the mass public don't know WTF is going on, they just watch FOX news and go about being scared shitless that the country's going down the tubes and lash out at 'liberals' because that's who've been demonized most recently.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 06-22-2011

Got this in my inbox on my main gmail account today, was amused both that Y!Mail is updating and how fucking long I've had that email address. Doubly amused that they realized I hadn't checked that address in at least 5 years so they went ahead and sent a notification to _all_ of the alternate addresses I've ever used for any Y! service.

Quote:Dear Evan B,

We appreciate that you have been with Yahoo! Mail for the past 13 years. We are looking forward to bringing you an even faster, safer, easier-to-use Yahoo! Mail very soon.

If not, in about a month from the date of this email, when you sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account, we will ask you to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail. At that time, your current version of Yahoo! Mail will no longer be available. But you don't have to wait. You can have the newest Yahoo! Mail today.

You can upgrade now to the newest Yahoo! Mail if your browser is Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Safari 4, or Chrome 5, or newer.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Kirby - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 02:06 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=1507.msg211451#msg211451 date=1308768574]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1507.msg211448#msg211448 date=1308767674]

[/quote]I don't understand how this kind of shit isn't obvious to everyon- WAIT it is obvious, but the rich already control the government and the media. So the mass public don't know WTF is going on, they just watch FOX news and go about being scared shitless that the country's going down the tubes and lash out at 'liberals' because that's who've been demonized most recently.
[/quote]

Good 'old boys club runs this country, and they laugh at the general public.

That and the general public is simply too stupid to comprehend just how corrupt and broken our country really is. And even if they weren't too stupid, they would still not care because holy shit American Idol and Jersey Shores is on this week.

Quote:That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I'd be willing to bet that this is no longer an exercisable right to Americans, not only because the gross majority of Americans, willfully or not, seem to be blind and ignorant to the world in which we live, but because our government would suppress any lawful attempts to replace it, constitutional right or not.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Mission Difficult - 06-22-2011

Cosmo: Pollution. Crime. Drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair - we throw GOBS of money at them and problems only get worse. Why is that? Because money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Kirby - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 04:29 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: Cosmo: Pollution. Crime. Drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair - we throw GOBS of money at them and problems only get worse. Why is that? Because money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it.

And when we're done throwing gobs of money at those items, we just load it all into a plane to be masterfully 'lost'

That or we give $20m to Pakistan to develop a Pakistani version of Sesame Street.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - k0ala - 06-22-2011

But that same $20 million would be liberal excess if we used it on the American Sesame Street.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Mission Difficult - 06-22-2011

I've done some work at Sesame Street and they had more security than Lockheed, juxtaposed by tons of really colorful trees and wallpaper.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - kaese - 06-23-2011

Mindrelic - Manhattan in motion

This video should be pretty cool to all the cityscape enthusiasts out there.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 06-23-2011

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Lytro-Focus-Pictures-Later-Refocus-Photos,news-11597.html

HOLY FUCK WANT

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Surf314 - 06-23-2011

(06-23-2011, 08:45 AM)at0m link Wrote: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Lytro-Focus-Pictures-Later-Refocus-Photos,news-11597.html

HOLY FUCK WANT

I'm actually a bit upset they aren't going to license the technology. Their first camera is going to be a point and shoot and I want that but as a DSLR.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 06-23-2011

(06-23-2011, 08:51 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=1507.msg211630#msg211630 date=1308836731]
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Lytro-Focus-Pictures-Later-Refocus-Photos,news-11597.html

HOLY FUCK WANT

I'm actually a bit upset they aren't going to license the technology. Their first camera is going to be a point and shoot and I want that but as a DSLR.
[/quote]If you read the article, the resolution isn't high enough to justify it being in a DSLR just yet. You have use a significantly larger sensor count for each 'pixel' in this kind of photography than you do normally, so if they put it into a DSLR (whose main features are manual control of focus and high resolution) it'd end up being an overpriced flop. I don't think serious photography geeks will buy into it.

I agree, it would be nice to have it in a DSLR, but when you consider the benefits of the functionality for a point-and-shoot application (complete elimination of the autofocuser hardware & electronics, but also increased capture speed at the cost of an increased lens and sensor cost) it's a no-brainer.