Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) (/showthread.php?tid=8600)

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Vandamguy - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 12:34 PM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=k0ala link=topic=1507.msg219671#msg219671 date=1313860524]
A furniture with hidden secret drawers

Seems like a lot of work to hide something valuable. What are you suppose to hide that's that valuable to warrant that, and is not useless being stashed away? Jewelry stashed away like that is useless jewelry, a gun stashed away like that is useless because you'd never be able to get it. Money stashed away like that is useless unless you wanted to store it like a bank... for some reason.
[/quote]
First thing that came up for me when i watched the video would be Jewish family heirlooms, and photos that would have survived the Nazi's cultural destruction.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Kirby - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 12:34 PM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=k0ala link=topic=1507.msg219671#msg219671 date=1313860524]

Seems like a lot of work to hide something valuable. What are you suppose to hide that's that valuable to warrant that, and is not useless being stashed away? Jewelry stashed away like that is useless jewelry, a gun stashed away like that is useless because you'd never be able to get it. Money stashed away like that is useless unless you wanted to store it like a bank... for some reason.
[/quote]

Anything you wouldn't want stolen?

You have heard of the phenomena of "home theft" where people break into your home and steal your belongings, right?

They check places like your freezer, your book case, your gaudy bible that's probably a hollow fake (Just like the real ones, imagine that, olol) behind pictures, blah blah blah.

The vast majority wouldn't attempt to disassemble a hutch like that, and even if they did, there's hidden compartments behind hidden compartments. It's designed to be a honeypot to thieves who might be imaginative enough to figure out the 1st set of removable drawers and then exclaim "lol found ur shit" and then not dig deeper where the really valuable things are.

It's like having a mansion with ornate wooden walls with ornate trimming that hides the fact that one panel in the middle of the wall is a hidden compartment with a spring loaded door. Hidden in plain sight.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - CaffeinePowered - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 03:06 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: The vast majority wouldn't attempt to disassemble a hutch like that, and even if they did, there's hidden compartments behind hidden compartments. It's designed to be a honeypot to thieves who might be imaginative enough to figure out the 1st set of removable drawers and then exclaim "lol found ur shit" and then not dig deeper where the really valuable things are.

This

There was a show on discovery that showed just how fast someone could rip something up looking for valuable fence items.

Lock box? Just takes it with them, and unless a safe is seriously bolted into the concrete/support structure of the house, they'll get away with that too.

Security through obscurity and as always, a good alarm system.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Vandamguy - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 03:06 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: Anything you wouldn't want stolen?

You have heard of the phenomena of "home theft" where people break into your home and steal your belongings, right?

They check places like your freezer, your book case, your gaudy bible that's probably a hollow fake (Just like the real ones, imagine that, olol) behind pictures, blah blah blah.

The vast majority wouldn't attempt to disassemble a hutch like that, and even if they did, there's hidden compartments behind hidden compartments. It's designed to be a honeypot to thieves who might be imaginative enough to figure out the 1st set of removable drawers and then exclaim "lol found ur shit" and then not dig deeper where the really valuable things are.

It's like having a mansion with ornate wooden walls with ornate trimming that hides the fact that one panel in the middle of the wall is a hidden compartment with a spring loaded door. Hidden in plain sight.
lol kirby goin off on a rant , sounds like you're describing your dream home at the end Tongue

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Sponson - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 03:06 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=1507.msg220095#msg220095 date=1314207260]
[quote author=k0ala link=topic=1507.msg219671#msg219671 date=1313860524]

[/quote]

Anything you wouldn't want stolen?

[/quote]

So you would put your wife's jewelry in there, and tell her to go through all that trouble each day if she ever wanted to look at and wear them? Now I'm all for home security, but this is stupid, and you know it. You're telling me you would put {something you don't want stolen} in there? If it's locked away so much, what could you possibly have to put there and still enjoy it/get use out of it?

Like I said, you wouldn't put money in there, imagine putting away your wallet every night in that crazy contraption of a mouse trap.
You wouldn't put jewelry, because it's useless being there, it would be better locked away else where, like that faux light-switch box.
Credit cards? "Oh hold on, let me open my drawer here... and here... and here... and here... okay I got the number."

You're telling me, that everything you don't want stolen (which by the way, should be just about everything in your house sans trash and garbage) should be in that maze?

Lets put a family heirloom locket in there, you'll get all of the use out of a locket you never see and never touch, may as well be not there.

Don't be unrealistic.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Luinbariel - 08-24-2011

Might as well be putting it in a safety deposit box at the bank at this point.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 08-24-2011

ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS THAT THING WAS INVENTED BEFORE SAFES WERE COMMONPLACE. STOP TROLLING EACH OTHER AND GET OFF MY LAWN.

CUBA LIBRE?

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - chronomaster - 08-24-2011

(08-24-2011, 07:44 PM)Sponson link Wrote: Don't be unrealistic.
If something is so precious to you, wouldn't you make every effort to protect it?

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - matter11 - 08-26-2011

here ya go zaius

[Image: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-untitled.jpg]

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Kirby - 08-27-2011

@ Sponson

(08-24-2011, 08:40 PM)at0m link Wrote: ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS THAT THING WAS INVENTED BEFORE SAFES WERE COMMONPLACE. STOP TROLLING EACH OTHER AND GET OFF MY LAWN.

/conversation

(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: lol kirby goin off on a rant , sounds like you're describing your dream home at the end Tongue

The panel thing was in an episode of NCIS  Tongue

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Squishy3 - 08-27-2011

(08-24-2011, 08:40 PM)at0m link Wrote: ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS THAT THING WAS INVENTED BEFORE SAFES WERE COMMONPLACE. STOP TROLLING EACH OTHER AND GET OFF MY LAWN.

CUBA LIBRE?
i'm not even that old and i remember shit like that

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - [SiN] Merc - 08-27-2011

(08-24-2011, 03:06 PM)Kirby the Dick link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=1507.msg220095#msg220095 date=1314207260]
[quote author=k0ala link=topic=1507.msg219671#msg219671 date=1313860524]

It's designed to be a honeypot to thieves who might be imaginative enough to figure out the 1st set of removable drawers and then exclaim "lol found ur shit" and then not dig deeper where the really valuable things are.

[/quote]
[/quote]
What about...a drawer within a drawer.

INCEPTION BWONG!

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - ZargonX - 08-27-2011

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - The Generic Name - 08-27-2011

(08-26-2011, 06:00 PM)matter11 link Wrote: here ya go zaius

[Image: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-untitled.jpg]

FOLD ALL THE PONIES

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 08-30-2011

New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14114555

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - chronomaster - 09-09-2011

Superb Lyrebird imitating construction work - Adelaide Zoo

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - k0ala - 09-09-2011

Carol Kaye, Funky Bass Playing Grandmother:

BASS PLAYER: Carol Kaye Interview

Played bass for the Hawaii Five-O theme, Sonny & Cher, M*A*S*H, the Monkees, ...

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 06:52 PM)k0ala link Wrote: Carol Kaye, Funky Bass Playing Grandmother:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1538811928172

Played bass for the Hawaii Five-O theme, Sonny & Cher, M*A*S*H, the Monkees, ...
linkdead

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 09-13-2011

Warhammer 40,000's Space Marine is this year's most surprisingly progressive game. http://designislaw.tumblr.com/post/10076180504/warhammer-40-000-space-marine-most-suprisingly

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - chronomaster - 09-14-2011

(09-13-2011, 11:09 AM)at0m link Wrote: Warhammer 40,000's Space Marine is this year's most surprisingly progressive game. http://designislaw.tumblr.com/post/10076180504/warhammer-40-000-space-marine-most-suprisingly
I'm glad they used a highly overburnt meme to communicate that.

The quality of the internet is getting worse day by day. Good on Mira and Space Marine, though.