Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) (/showthread.php?tid=8600)

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Luinbariel - 07-21-2009

Jesus christ, this place is falling into a pile of shit REAL fast.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Professor Funbucks - 07-21-2009

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom - Parry Gripp

NO LAUGHING, ONLY D'AWWW

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - rumsfald - 07-21-2009

There is precedence for admins taking action when they feel they are being abused personally.

And a kick != a ban.

Dave's been here a long time, and an admin a long time. To my knowledge, he doesn't have an apparent track record of abusing his admin privileges. I would hope that each admin is entitled to the benefit of doubt if they only have one or two publicly disputed bans a year.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Blues - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 08:56 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Jesus christ, this place is falling into a pile of shit REAL fast.
Any time a site falls to shit, it's because of people like you who scream it's falling to shit, when it's been exactly the same the entire time.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Totla - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 09:24 PM)Pokemon Trainer Blues link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1507.msg99795#msg99795 date=1248227775]
Jesus christ, this place is falling into a pile of shit REAL fast.
Any time a site falls to shit, it's because of people like you who scream it's falling to shit, when it's been exactly the same the entire time.
[/quote]Any time a site falls to shit, it's because the old members flip the fuck out at eachother/new members and leave the community. The newer people don't know what to do so they leave, and everyone looking at the site doesn't want to join because everyone's fighting.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Honest - 07-21-2009

I'm too tired to post a coherent argument so I'll just blurt out whatever random shit comes to my mind. I support Dave, if someone's being a dick I don't mind him throwing out a kick to bring about order. It's just a kick and Don't be a dick is kind of a rule anyway. I guess I'm slowly seeing that being an admin means sometimes people will be mad no matter if you take action or not, so it's better to go with the one that makes playing more enjoyable for all. Hell I kicked a sandvich heavy today and people still complained. That's a spot on the losing team being taken up by a lump. Literally if you glued down the mouse 1 and w keys it'd still be more helpful to your team than that guy yet it's still questioned? It's not a power hungry thing damnit it's a "I'd rather give your team a decent shot instead of let someone circle jerk in spawn" thing.

So Dave did something. Rash, perhaps but it's not world shattering, the guy could reconnect and perhaps think about not being a dick sometime during the loading screen. Doesn't even warrant a mention imo.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Dave - 07-21-2009

nah im supported by the rules for kicking the guy, im not pissed about that

im pissed that soneone went behind my back and 'reported' me

fucking lame.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 10:00 PM)Dave link Wrote: nah im supported by the rules for kicking the guy, im not pissed about that

im pissed that soneone went behind my back and 'reported' me

fucking lame.

While based on what I heard, your not at fault, isn't that the proper procedure in such circumstances?  Yes, it'd probably be better just to go to who ever you think wronged you directly first, but if someone felt that an admin was abusing their power, it's perfectly understandable to talk to a higher up instead of facing off against the supposed perpetrator, in what would ultimately prove an unpleasant and unproductive row.

Also, none of these post's have featured neat stuff in them. Let's fix that :3

Hare Hare Yukai - Mario Paint Composer

^I know at least Corpse/Sandvich/Versus will enjoy that Smile

nah thats just cowarldy, ild ratgher you tell me and surf and caff instead of just surf or caff

if i dont like you i tell you, and i would like it if people had the decency to tell me too.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Professor Funbucks - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 10:07 PM)Dave link Wrote: nah thats just cowarldy, ild ratgher you tell me and surf and caff instead of just surf or caff

if i dont like you i tell you, and i would like it if people had the decency to tell me too.

my ubercharge is always ready for you, dave.

or krits because that's funny on snipers.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 07-21-2009

Yes, but imagine your out in the real world, in a shop per chance, and you feel like a clerk is mistreating you. Instead of getting in a fight with them about their supposed mistreatment, can't you see how you might instead choose to just take up with their manger? While I agree, in that hypothetical circumstance, you should at least make your intention know to the supposed perpetrator, if someone truly (and it seems like wrongfully) felt that you were abusing them with your admin privileges (again, from the facts presented I don't think you were at all) how they might be a bit intimidated to go up against you directly and call you out, and thus why they might report your supposed breach of conduct to a more in there mind accessible and impartial mediator instead? Belive it or not, your a big personality, and I think whoever it was may just have been a little afraid of you. And hell, call it cowardly if you want, but I can easily imagine myself in a similar situation (well, not the easily, as I really don't get into arguments with anyone >.<) and taking the course of action Mr. X (as I shall now dub him) did. Then again, I'm painfully shy and frightened by almost everyone upon meeting them, so take that for what you will >.< (Hell, I found the friendliest people like Fail and Surf intimidating at first, and Caff himself still intimidates me at times XD)

And here's something neat so that this post fits to my prior standard ;3

Sorairo Days - Mario Paint Ver - Gurren Lagann OP

maybe

but i would shout at the clerk.

but im not everyone else i guess.

man up next time whoever you are.

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Benito Mussolini - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 10:23 PM)Dave link Wrote: maybe

but i would shout at the clerk.

but im not everyone else i guess.

man up next time whoever you are.

I would do the same thing... probably not as much, though.

I don't exactly get what's going on... but from what I can tell, one person should, as Dave said, complain to the admin in fault before complaining to others.

It's better to settle things up and get a better understanding of the situation before putting the said admin in trouble when he thought he was right to act as he did.

I'm not saying it's gone to shit because of anything Dave or anyone else did; I vented about this earlier in chat and I'm not going to vent about it again. There are other things that have been happening, publicly and otherwise, that have led me to my opinion. I am not going to hash it up here again, however. It isn't worth it.

Here's what everyone would rather see:

[Image: cocktail-kitten.jpg]

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - CaffeinePowered - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 10:52 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Here's what everyone would rather see:

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - HeK - 07-21-2009

Wow, this is getting a little personal.
In addition, this is hardly the correct venue.

(07-21-2009, 11:03 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1507.msg99845#msg99845 date=1248234724]

[/quote]

I POSTED THAT NOM NOM SONG AND EVERYONE IGNORED. Sad

(07-21-2009, 11:08 PM)Professor Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=1507.msg99846#msg99846 date=1248235416]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1507.msg99845#msg99845 date=1248234724]

[AN IMAGE]
[/quote]

[/quote]

*hug*

S'ok, dude. Have a kitten.

[Image: kitten_rescue_6.jpg]

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - at0m - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 11:08 PM)Professor Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=1507.msg99846#msg99846 date=1248235416]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1507.msg99845#msg99845 date=1248234724]

[/quote]

[/quote]THAT SONG OWNS

Chimpanzee Riding A Segway - Parry Gripp

seriously though it's not even late why are these so funny

Re: Neat stuff (non-lulz but interesting things) - Squishy3 - 07-21-2009

Funny? YOU MEAN FUCKING AWESOME. I mean seriously, that fucking chimp rides that segway like a MOTHERFUCKING PRO. I bet he gets all the ladies.