Hello There, Guest! Register

cp_follower - 5-CP Alpine
vilepickle
Lurker

03-19-2009, 11:30 AM

Updated to b6.  Found a spawn timer imbalance which was a pretty big bug and wanted to patch it up quickly.
vilepickle
Lurker

03-28-2009, 12:47 AM

Updated to rc1: http://www.vilepickle.com/map/screens/tf2_cp_follower/
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:-Swapped small and medium ammos on the CP2 flank with the CP2 overpass.  This should force anyone building a sentry at CP2 to walk slightly further for the larger ammo pack or risk exposing themselves on the bottom level of CP2 for that medium pack.

;D

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Darklink
BRB, Posting

04-06-2009, 05:24 PM

I'm really loving this map. Played some pickups on it, it played great. I had heard some complaining of battles being far away, but I found them to be only a bit longer in time from Badlands and Granary. Great map, can't wait for the final release.

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

04-06-2009, 05:54 PM

I enjoy this map, and I hate terribadlands/granary.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Vilepickle, since you are a pretty good mapper I was wondering if you would tackle an RPS map.  It's a pretty fun play style that is looking for a good map.  Warpath is the best for it but the last point is a killer and can really ruin it as it takes too long.

RPS, or rock paper scissors, is a playstyle in which each team picks only one class and they try to win with it.  It works well with the strengths and weaknesses of the classes when matched up together.  If you want to challenge yourself to the dealing with the specific needs of making a map like this I have given this a lot of thought and can help with some suggested guidelines.

-Ideally there would be an arena and CP version
-CP should have 3 points, the center point should be a very long cap and the caps by the starting area should be pretty quick.
-The map really needs to have absolutely perfect class balance so any pick has no map based penalties or advantages.
-The map can't favor quicker classes over slower ones this can be aided by having it being medium to small sized and with a longer than normal cap time for the middle point.
-There should be about a 30 second setup time with each team locked in their bases.
-Servers like ours don't need the rules hardcoded in the map because we have people that follow directions, but if it's going to have mass appeal it should at least be looked into.
-The map should be built around about a 15 minute round time, too long and it upsets the team with the disadvantage, too short and it's no fun.
-The feel of the map should be silly but it should also encourage competition and serious play.

If you are interested and want to ask any questions feel free to PM me, if you want to experience it come out on Fridays.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Gump
Lurker

04-08-2009, 07:52 PM

(03-12-2009, 11:00 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Irregardless
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

[Image: sig.php?player_id=29515&background=random]
vilepickle
Lurker

04-24-2009, 05:14 PM

[Map Release] cp_follower (final 1.0)

CURRENT VERSION: FINAL 1.0
The map was updated on April 23, 2009.

After several months of playtesting and feedback, cp_follower has finally reached final 1.0!  This release signifies a significant milestone, but it does not mean all development has stopped.  If something is discovered, a fix will soon "follow", but that should not happen due to the amount of testing the map has gotten.

Follower is an original 5-point CP map influenced primarily by Granary and Badlands.  The map is intended for a competitive setting first, though it should be fine for public servers as well since it is modeled closely after official Valve maps.

Download/Screenshots at http://www.vilepickle.com/map/screens/tf2_cp_follower/ (official page for the map, includes 7z, zip, and bz2)

FINAL 1.0 CHANGEs/FIXES:
-The steep slopes on each side of CP3 have had 2 rocks added to make their existence more clear (players sometimes got hung up).
-Small ammo added to lower 2-3 connector area.
-Small graphical errors fixed.
-Middle area optimized further.
-Slightly reduced the size of the sniper room looking out into the CP1 area so snipers weren't quite so powerful while far back in the room.
-Increased the width of the CP1 platform from the right sniper room so it blocks more of the lower CP1 area when snipers are inside the actual room itself.  This should force them to expose themselves more to get better shots.
-Added a small basketball-themed section to the first spawn areas.
-Clipped railroad tracks at mid better.
-Removed a hiding spot at lower mid Cp that could hide a scout for back-caps too easily.
-Small ammo added to mid on/near CP.
-Fixed the CP's on the HUD capturing backwards.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-24-2009, 05:21 PM

Will update asap Smile

Nice work

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel